Way too early top 25.

WarDamnEagleWDE

Hell, I can't wait for spring practice.  Clemson's beat down of the Damn Bammers last night seems like eons ago.  I'm ready for the new season.

And I'm REALLY ready for this: George Pickens' signature on an AU scholarship offer.

56 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I get your point. Its possible but not easy to get to the consistancy of Clemson, Bama. First step underdog/ exceeding expectations, second stepping up to elite and third in maintaining greatness. How long before Dabo made Clemson relevant?  He has been head coach since 2009. 

Clemson was immediately relevant in the ACC under Swinney.  They've been in the ACC title game about every year and won most of them.  

The playoff system has made them nationally relevant.  You win the ACC, you go to the show.  Quite the sales tool when recruiting.  

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I highly doubt it will have that much of an affect on Bama with Saban leading the way. It actually might wake up a sleeping giant . Sometimes humble pie is in order . Q. Williams kind of threw his teammates under the bus, but pretty much said preparation among some of the guys were different than in years past. 

I think you're right. I think it will motivate them.

I think it will have a different effect on opponents, though. Ever since 2011 or so, bama has won a lot of games before they ever got off the bus. That aura of invincibility took a big hit last night. Clemson found the Death Star's thermal exhaust port. Not really, but still, I think teams might play against them with a little more confidence now. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think it will have a different effect on opponents, though. Ever since 2011 or so, bama has won a lot of games before they ever got off the bus. That aura of invincibility took a big hit last night. Clemson found the Death Star's thermal exhaust port. Not really, but still, I think teams might play against them with a little more confidence now. 

YEP - opponents will be gunning for them hard and heavy and will take an elevated offensive, attacking approach from now on.  

I don't know if that helps Auburn or not, as Gus has never been afraid of them and has always been in attack mode when he has the arsenal to do it.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

YEP - opponents will be gunning for them hard and heavy and will take an elevated offensive, attacking approach from now on.  

I don't know if that helps Auburn or not, as Gus has never been afraid of them and has always been in attack mode when he has the arsenal to do it.

Maybe now he won't sit on the ball with 2 1/2 minutes left in the half. 

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Just look at the game with Nick Marshall at qb when Auburn put up over 400 yards on bama! That was the blueprint for Clemson right there and they had the qb to do it.

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

Just look at the game with Nick Marshall at qb when Auburn put up over 400 yards on bama! That was the blueprint for Clemson right there and they had the qb to do it.

And they had the WR's & oline/dline to get the job done too.  Those CU WR's were snagging some balls all night, and made TLawrence look like a super hero.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is why I don’t get why their DC doesn’t have a job. He has these “skeletons” yet he has been on several interviews in the passed. I think the biggest difference maker is teams go in their with the mindset that they are beat prior to the game , something Clemson did not do. 

I also found it interesting how Clemson debunked the idea that you need a run game to beat Bama. Obviously Clemson has some horses on the offensive end, but they really could not establish a running game. More importantly, I think it showed that you have to be able to score against Bama . Once the lead gets away from them, they tend to become desperate including Saban. I could not believe that fake FG try last night .

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Play 6 of the top 12... awesome!

UA, UGA, UF, TAMU, LSU, ORE

This is what jumped out at me. Our schedule is an absolute ball buster

9 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I get your point. Its possible but not easy to get to the consistancy of Clemson, Bama. First step underdog/ exceeding expectations, second stepping up to elite and third in maintaining greatness. How long before Dabo made Clemson relevant?  He has been head coach since 2009. 

Bobby Bowden laid out this blueprint at FSU way back when. It’s why I liked them for a lot of years....until I didn’t, lol.

Archived