We Didn’t Finish in the Top 25

thaitopher

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

By the way, Cam completed the same percentage of passes as an NFL rookie as he did at Blinn. 

28 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

QBs tend to get lower comp % when going to the NFL (In most cases).

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Carolina is still running some of what Auburn does offensively. Cam is a talent.

They get him help at a pace that is slower than molasses though. I’m thankful for McCaffrey but good Lord they have given some bad contracts on the OL. I want the whole front office fired. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

They get him help at a pace that is slower than molasses though. I’m thankful for McCaffrey but good Lord they have given some bad contracts on the OL. I want the whole front office fired. 

That OL is a mess.  On obvious passing downs you can see the defense jacked up and just can’t wait to bull rush Cam.  The man doesn’t stand a chance.  New owner is taking his time with the front office, probably has something to do with coming from Pittsburgh. 

41 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

37 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That OL is a mess.  On obvious passing downs you can see the defense jacked up and just can’t wait to bull rush Cam.  The man doesn’t stand a chance.  New owner is taking his time with the front office, probably has something to do with coming from Pittsburgh. 

OL has been trash. The O, from a personnel standpoint, actually has been hot garbage for most of Cam's career (mainly due to OL). Super Bowl season we probably had the worst starting WR unit in the league (lol Cotchery and Funchess???? OMG). Problem with the long standing OL issues is that Cam drags this garbage offense to a respectable record (even when falling short of the playoffs) that by the time the Panthers draft pick comes around the elite OL are already off the board so we cannot even get bad enough to protect the most important player on the team. Couple that with the complete mismanagement of Cam's health (opting for surgery late in the off-seasons preventing him from getting pre-season or off-season work, etc), or not just shutting him down when we have nothing to play for has royally screwed the franchise in the long term and essentially closing the Panther's window much too fast, and the only reason the window was open was that Cam forced it open by his sheer natural talent.

/rant over

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

OL has been trash. The O, from a personnel standpoint, actually has been hot garbage for most of Cam's career (mainly due to OL). Super Bowl season we probably had the worst starting WR unit in the league (lol Cotchery and Funchess???? OMG). Problem with the long standing OL issues is that Cam drags this garbage offense to a respectable record (even when falling short of the playoffs) that by the time the Panthers draft pick comes around the elite OL are already off the board so we cannot even get bad enough to protect the most important player on the team. Couple that with the complete mismanagement of Cam's health (opting for surgery late in the off-seasons preventing him from getting pre-season or off-season work, etc), or not just shutting him down when we have nothing to play for has royally screwed the franchise in the long term and essentially. 

/rant over

You should rant more often. Music to my ears. 

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

OL has been trash. The O, from a personnel standpoint, actually has been hot garbage for most of Cam's career (mainly due to OL). Super Bowl season we probably had the worst starting WR unit in the league (lol Cotchery and Funchess???? OMG). Problem with the long standing OL issues is that Cam drags this garbage offense to a respectable record (even when falling short of the playoffs) that by the time the Panthers draft pick comes around the elite OL are already off the board so we cannot even get bad enough to protect the most important player on the team. Couple that with the complete mismanagement of Cam's health (opting for surgery late in the off-seasons preventing him from getting pre-season or off-season work, etc), or not just shutting him down when we have nothing to play for has royally screwed the franchise in the long term and essentially. 

I know the ownership, uh, changed, but has that not affected the GM-ing in any significant way? Christ, I wish Cam could have been a Falcon. 

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

By the way, Cam completed the same percentage of passes as an NFL rookie as he did at Blinn. 

Cam's overall % in the NFL is right around what he did at Blinn, 60%.

Hence Gus Malzahn is the greatest QB coach ever and the only one capable of getting a 66%+ Cam Newton.

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Cam's overall % in the NFL is right around what he did at Blinn, 60%.

Hence Gus Malzahn is the greatest QB coach ever and the only one capable of getting a 66%+ Cam Newton.

Cam threw 60% his rookie year. So I guess the SEC is tougher than juco and the NFL is tougher than the SEC but the NFL and juco are equally tough. 

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You should rant more often. Music to my ears. 

Lol ranting so hard my last sentence wasn't even complete. :slapfh:

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Cam threw 60% his rookie year. So I guess the SEC is tougher than juco and the NFL is tougher than the SEC but the NFL and juco are equally tough. 

*unless you have Gus as your coach, then the SEC becomes easier than everything.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I know the ownership, uh, changed, but has that not affected the GM-ing in any significant way? Christ, I wish Cam could have been a Falcon. 

This is the new owner's first year so I think (HOPE) changes will be coming. Particularly at GM spot.

Just now, Mims44 said:

*unless you have Gus as your coach, then the SEC becomes easier than everything.

Sadly, some folks will argue this with a straight face. 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

This is the new owner's first year so I think (HOPE) changes will be coming. Particularly at GM spot.

I'm a Falcons fan but I would want the best for Cam even if he played for nick saban's rec league softball team. It has been brutal and infuriating to watch him get fed to the wolves year after year. And if the Falcons are just going to keep screwing everything up, then I really wish it would be the Panthers instead of the Saints. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm a Falcons fan but I would want the best for Cam even if he played for nick saban's rec league softball team. It has been brutal and infuriating to watch him get fed to the wolves year after year. And if the Falcons are just going to keep screwing everything up, then I really wish it would be the Panthers instead of the Saints. 

Man he takes punishment like no other even from just staying in the pocket. People like to say it's his playing style, which sure, he certainly runs a lot but that's a lazy assessment IMO. He consistently has had to deal with an awful OL. Being from NC, I've been a Panthers fan since the beginning so I was very excited that we chose to take Cam rather than Blaine freakin Gabbert as some "experts" were saying we should do, AHEM RAIDERS NEW GM MIKE MAYOCK.

I am also very tired of the Saints and Drew Brees. I am very much looking forward to him and Sean Payton's retirement lol. It has to be coming relatively soon, right????

46 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Man he takes punishment like no other even from just staying in the pocket. People like to say it's his playing style, which sure, he certainly runs a lot but that's a lazy assessment IMO. He consistently has had to deal with an awful OL. Being from NC, I've been a Panthers fan since the beginning so I was very excited that we chose to take Cam rather than Blaine freakin Gabbert as some "experts" were saying we should do, AHEM RAIDERS NEW GM MIKE MAYOCK.

I am also very tired of the Saints and Drew Brees. I am very much looking forward to him and Sean Payton's retirement lol. It has to be coming relatively soon, right????

please please please please oh please

Yeah. Cam doesn't get to just fold like laundry when he gets pressured. He just has to take it. And, unlike Shaq, hack-a-Cam does damage. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

please please please please oh please

Yeah. Cam doesn't get to just fold like laundry when he gets pressured. He just has to take it. And, unlike Shaq, hack-a-Cam does damage. 

Funny how the NFL is trying to increase safety, particularly for QBs, but Cam Newton is not included in that endeavor 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Funny how the NFL is trying to increase safety, particularly for QBs, but Cam Newton is not included in that endeavor 

Makes you wonder. Not really, of course. Genuinely upsetting on a few levels. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Sadly, some folks will argue this with a straight face. 

This brings up a question I've had for awhile.  Why do some of you attempt to reason or even respond to the Mighty Mouse brigade on here?  I know it's a message board and discussion of different opinions, but it comes to a point where your skull has to get sore from the brick wall right?

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

This brings up a question I've had for awhile.  Why do some of you attempt to reason or even respond to the Mighty Mouse brigade on here?  I know it's a message board and discussion of different opinions, but it comes to a point where your skull has to get sore from the brick wall right?

Guilty.

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I think some of us thrive on it!

Okay, so after perusing this thread, Auburn is not in the top 25 because Cam Newton plays for a sucky NFL team and @McLoofus is a fan of a sucky NFL team and some keep taking the bait from unrealistic sunshine pumpers and they admit it.

So.... How do WE fix this?

Archived