Kudo's to the Coaching staff

keesler

The job these guys are doing recruiting our "existing" players, and keeping them in the fold another year speaks volumes.

WDE!

12 minutes ago, keesler said:

The job these guys are doing recruiting our "existing" players, and keeping them in the fold another year speaks volumes.

WDE!

Is that a ray of sunshine I see emitting from your orifice?  Welcome my friend.  :jossun:

Not only that, but to have the guys signed already for 2019.  Remember, this wasn't a typical recruiting year.  Our coaches had to fight through negative recruiting and the Josh Moons of the world saying Gus was 100% gone.  Our recruits could have easily jumped ship and not a single one (except for Gordon, but it appears it was a mutual parting of ways so we could land Moore) did.  Many of the recruits even said (Pappoe and Hall for sure, Pickens too but he hasn't signed officially) they were wavering but stuck with their commitment after speaking to Gus.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Is that a ray of sunshine I see emitting from your orifice?  Welcome my friend.  :jossun:

Not only that, but to have the guys signed already for 2019.  Remember, this wasn't a typical recruiting year.  Our coaches had to fight through negative recruiting and the Josh Moons of the world saying Gus was 100% gone.  Our recruits could have easily jumped ship and not a single one (except for Gordon, but it appears it was a mutual parting of ways so we could land Moore) did.  Many of the recruits even said (Pappoe and Hall for sure, Pickens too but he hasn't signed officially) they were wavering but stuck with their commitment after speaking to Gus.

I'm not stingy with the sunshine when it's earned - and this staff is earning it right now in spades.  🌈🌞⛱️:cool:

To be honest, I for one am completely blown away by the job the staff has done. To get all these guys back is remarkable. To keep our Recruiting Class intact is remarkable. I couldnt have drawn it up better myself given all the negative circumstances that CGM and staff were facing. I am trying to keep my excitement at a minimum for the 2019 season....but if our Defense can be the "elite" unit they were supposed to have been this year, and i believe they can....this will go along way to help with breaking in a new QB. I also think our Oline will be much improved....I saw a lot of improvement the last couple of games. I still hold reasonable expectations but I think my expectations may have just gotten a ratings bump!

4 hours ago, keesler said:

I'm not stingy with the sunshine when it's earned - and this staff is earning it right now in spades.  🌈🌞⛱️:cool:

I am onboard with you my friend!

Gus has been saying that this could be one of his best recruiting cycles in his time as HC. If the chips keep falling the way they have, a top 10 class could come to fruition.

The Auburn fanbase might not believe in Gus (understandable) but the players believe in him. They've shown time after time that they have his back.

Since Gus’s first press conference following the Stoops Contract rumors he’s been hitting it out of the park.  

Maintain the current signing class

Destroy the bowl opponent who many wanted for a coach at Auburn

next up strong finish to recruiting season.  Charles Moore and hopefully a couple more surprises 

Have one of the Qbs look sharp in Aday

the returning defensive players and Oline men returning are icing on the cake.  Sans Stidham coming back things couldn’t be going better considering where we were one month ago.

Just now, auburnphan said:

Glad the guys are coming back.   Now it is no excuses time for the man running the show.

Well, you think that now, but if we start losing, we'll be up to our eyeballs in excuses, same as always.  SOS is already getting some traction...

10 hours ago, leglessdan said:

Not taking the bait this time. 

I feel you on that, but I personally feel obligated to celebrate Gus's successes in addition to criticizing his failures. Clearly @keesler feels the same way. Glad this thread is here. 

Yes, congrats to Gus and the other coaches for pulling this off. When you keep your best offensive lineman (Tega) and best defensive lineman (Brown) for one more season it's a big deal. Add in all the others that are staying and it's a major accomplishment. 

Good thread...if you are going to call them out when they don't do well you should call them out when they are doing well. Absolutely amazing that they were able to keep all the recruits and get these guys to come back for their senior seasons. I would have put a $100 bill on Brown not coming back....

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I feel you on that, but I personally feel obligated to celebrate Gus's successes in addition to criticizing his failures. Clearly @keesler feels the same way. Glad this thread is here. 

Nah...I agree.  I meant for all the preseason talk that is sure to start up soon. Look...I want the boys to succeed,  hell I want Gus to succeed. By default,  we all win if he does. I have my issues with Gus, but him succeeding isn't one of them. Wde

33 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Nah...I agree.  I meant for all the preseason talk that is sure to start up soon. Look...I want the boys to succeed,  hell I want Gus to succeed. By default,  we all win if he does. I have my issues with Gus, but him succeeding isn't one of them. Wde

That's a big 10-4, good buddy.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, keesler said:

WDE!

I'll concur here. I've been critical of Gus for many reasons, but his players seem to really like playing for him and for Auburn. Hes getting the right type of character kids. Huge retaining Brown, Davidson, et al. 

On 1/8/2019 at 2:23 PM, keesler said:

WDE!

It makes me question the level of education they are receiving.

Good job turning a positive into a negative there. Well played...smh

I’m all for calling Gus our for his many faults but 47545A40-5DC6-42B7-803F-69B410E10D2C.gif

let’s at least acknowledge when something positive happens.

Archived