Kudo's to the Coaching staff

keesler

On 1/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, Sizzle said:

The Auburn fanbase might not believe in Gus (understandable) but the players believe in him. They've shown time after time that they have his back.

winning and doing it consistently will turn anyone into a believer. 

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:51 PM, DAG said:

Baby steps of course . The talent is there and always has been 

Compared to major rivals, there has been less talent most seasons... JMO....but coaches would help their cause by not letting prospective wins get away from them against teams where we are at least equal or better in talent.

Consistency is a problem....most AU sports it seems...

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Compared to major rivals, there has been less talent most seasons... JMO....but coaches would help their cause by not letting prospective wins get away from them against teams where we are at least equal or better in talent.

I try not to compare AU with our major rivals if I can help it, as it serves no useful purpose.  I fail more times than not in my endeavor to not compare this program with the likes of uat/uga, etc.  Now we have an aTm program throwing so much ca$h on the recruiting trail that they will inevitably out recruit us. 

AU has been able to consistently pull in top 10 talent for years, yet they've failed to consistently tally a top 10 ranking when it counts the most, at the end of the season.  

If (IF) Gus can't get AU over the hump this season, then his time will have passed, and he may never be able to climb out of the hole he put us in >> averaging 4 losses/yr.  In other words, the landscape in the SEC is getting tougher and if couldn't take the upper hand while some programs were down (LSU/UGA) then the task has increased ten fold because those guys + aTm + UF are on the war path and they'll overtake us quickly.

51 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep I think if we won the games we were suppose to win things would go a long way. UGA and Bama are on a different recruiting level.

40 minutes ago, keesler said:

AU has been able to consistently pull in top 10 talent for years, yet they've failed to consistently tally a top 10 ranking when it counts the most, at the end of the season.  

Recruiting top 10 talent is not relevant if a significant part of your schedule is doing better.....we may be top ten nationally but on in the top 4 or 5 in the SEC most years which means the odds are you will lose to 3 or 4 or 5 of those guys if recruiting ranking is the measure.....and that will keep you from being ranked nationally in the top 10.     

Just noting that we play five of the top 12 pre-season teams this year....all of them SEC of course....plus #14 Oregon.

Archived