Locker room dissension

ChltteTiger

Which internet AU writer wrote after the IB that there was major locker room dissension this season? Was it Marcello or Tate? I think it was Marcello. Anyway I don't see how we could have all these talented juniors coming back in 2019 if what he wrote was true. Looks like we were faked out by the media. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Which internet AU writer wrote after the IB that there was major locker room dissension this season? Was it Marcello or Tate? I think it was Marcello. Anyway I don't see how we could have all these talented juniors coming back in 2019 if what he wrote was true. Looks like we were faked out by the media. 

I was thinking the same thing....I cant remember which one it was....Im so disgusted with most of the Auburn beat writers after all the end of season BS that was spread and coaching rumors....But yes ....With all these guys returning it leaves you with a good feeling about whats going on in the AU locker room.

7 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

That's because so many "fans" wanted to believe anything that could make Gus look bad. Faked out? More like played....

28 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

It was Marcelo first but it was within season. Jog your mind back to Cole Cubelic’s passionate rant on the subject. 

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'm thinking it was Marcello, but to be honest, they were all reporting like mad men. 

Why anybody would pay money for their information escapes me. Would only pay for Wolk and Neebuhr.

Marcello is a joke.  Runs stories without validation.  God forbid you call him out when his story is proven to be false.  He blocks you. He needs to do Auburn a favor and resign.  

57 minutes ago, aucosby said:

Marcello is a joke.  Runs stories without validation.  God forbid you call him out when his story is proven to be false.  He blocks you. He needs to do Auburn a favor and resign.  

I thought he was leaving and I was thinking Oregon for some reason! Maybe it was a happy dream I had. LOL 

well since most are moles and work for uat bosses then you understand their purpose.

Pay very little attention to negative articles about Auburn in the media

I quit paying attention to most of the writers a long time ago. There used to be a time when even if the beat writers didn’t like the program the covered they still keep it professional, now it seams they do all they can to smear the program. 

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

I thought he was leaving and I was thinking Oregon for some reason! Maybe it was a happy dream I had. LOL 

Creapa went to Oregon 

1 hour ago, aucosby said:

He blocked me because I tweeted he must be half-vampire for all the blood he smelled..

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Golden Pen Marshall was in on that I believe too.   He’s the ring leader if you ask me.   Purely speculation on my behalf however.  

The absolute irony in this comment is giving me a chuckle.

3 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

There is a player who is leaving that some of the rumors centered around. Addition by subtraction. JMO. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

There is a player who is leaving that some of the rumors centered around. Addition by subtraction. JMO. 

.?

1 minute ago, alexava said:

.?

I remember seeing things being said that JS wasn't the most popular guy in the locker room. He certainly showed at times on the sidelines that he wasn't too upset with a poor performance. Like I said, it is just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I remember seeing things being said that JS wasn't the most popular guy in the locker room. He certainly showed at times on the sidelines that he wasn't too upset with a poor performance. Like I said, it is just my opinion. 

I can’t argue with an opinion. I wouldn’t vilify the guy on his way out. I’ll be pulling for him at the next level. But I do look forward to seeing if we can get a little more leadership or passion out of our next qb. It could be contagious.

3 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I thought this bomb was dropped after the Miss State loss. I didn't see anything after the IB. Can somebody post screenshots or a link?

I was convinced Gus had lost the team, and I too wondered about the health of our locker room and team chemistry. The positive events of the past couple of weeks show that I was almost certainly wrong. I hope we can sustain the recent momentum into spring and the offseason. That said, I have been saying for some time that AU deserves better than Crepea and Marcello as beat writers. They lack professionalism. The good news for me, is that after the Cam saga, I decreased my reading and talk show listening about 90%. I quit watching SEC Network talk shows, never listen to Finebaum, and only watch ESPN Gameday to read the funny signs. I just turn on the TV at kickoff time. I’ve enjoyed CFB a lot more since then. 

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I thought this bomb was dropped after the Miss State loss. I didn't see anything after the IB. Can somebody post screenshots or a link?

You are correct. Cubelic blasted the supposed sources. I can't get the link to post. 

Even when Florida or LSU (or, and god forbid we end up like them at some point, MSU or UT) have a bad season, they don’t have as severe destructive reporting as we do. We essentially have no positive go to reporters. Far from a “sunshine pumper” but you need someone who looks towards the good, and most of our mainstay guys look towards the views instead 

At the same time you can look at it as we're in one of our usual dramatic sessions we love so much that just like you can over react with the negative stuff we can over react with positive stuff. People coming back could just man we under performed as a team and by not having success most were put in situations that they need to come back to improve their draft stock and coming back doesn't mean everything just be happy go lucky

Archived