Next Year's LBs

WarEagle1982

10 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Moultry is an elite LB talent that’s been wasted at the Buck position. I guess they put him there out of need originally and because he wasn’t going to play with DD and D Williams having two years of eligibility, but he needs to move back to being a LB. we have Coe and Big Cat both ahead of him now and Rich Jib is gonna pass him too. Makes way too much sense and I hope he does bc he has more potential at LB than anyone else on the team.

Britt is going to be a monster though. Not worried about him at all

Gene, do you have a brother named Bob?

On 1/12/2019 at 3:56 PM, twilli13 said:

This coming year is really going to test T Wills makeup as a coach. I think hes up to the challenge personally. Can he effectively replace all the starters at the same time? We will see. I am excited to see Britt meet some backs in the hole as the middle linebacker and stoked to see what Pappoe is capable of. Does anyone know if we are planning to move any of the million guys we have playing buck defensive end to a true linebacker role? Td Moultry struggled a little at buck last year...did he play a true linebacker role in highschool and is he a viable option? Not looking for a debate on TD by the way, for those so inclined. Just wondering because I dont know much about how he was used in highschool and how he could be used now. What other lb options exist?

Think TD will be the one who moves back to LB. He played there in HS, think it’ll be Britt/Wooten/TD and occasionally Pappoe + Harris. Not sure if McLain has gained weight yet but assuming he has, probably those three are the backups. 

6 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Think TD will be the one who moves back to LB. He played there in HS, think it’ll be Britt/Wooten/TD and occasionally Pappoe + Harris. Not sure if McLain has gained weight yet but assuming he has, probably those three are the backups. 

Z McClain will push to be the starter

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Over Wooten/TD? Thinking Britt is a lock.

Yes on Britt and yes over TD.  Wooten and Z will battle.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Yes on Britt and yes over TD.  Wooten and Z will battle.

Interesting. Feels like Wooten has been in the program forever, that’s why I was thinking he’d get the nod. But you’re the defensive genius. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Interesting. Feels like Wooten has been in the program forever, that’s why I was thinking he’d get the nod. But you’re the defensive genius. 

Not in the least. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

We need more linebackers, offensive linemen and running backs in this years class.

You are so profound in your posts it’s scary dude!

Archived