Jalen hurts transferring

AuburnTiger4Life

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Think Auburn makes a push? At this point I’m not sure if it would be beneficial to us 

In what way would this not be beneficial?

40 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

We have too many already. I don’t want Gatewood or Nix going elsewhere personally. 

Nix just signed and Hurts only has one year. I'd be for it but it's highly unlikely, IMO.

40 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

We have too many already. I don’t want Gatewood or Nix going elsewhere personally. 

True. Do they have the experience right now that Hurt's has? Can they contribute right now at the level he could?

Just now, Hay Field 101 said:

True. Do they have the experience right now that Hurt's has? Can they contribute right now at the level he could?

Nope. I think folks are all wound up on Gatewood bec he looked good on one run. He may turn out great, but there's too little to go on to know that at this point.

In 2014, JJ torched Arky and folks wanted Gus to bench NM. History tells us how that played out. If the coaching staff wants to go after another QB, I assume they have a legit reason for doing so.

51 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Think Auburn makes a push? At this point I’m not sure if it would be beneficial to us 

This would be incredibly beneficial to us. The only thing holding me back from excitement about it is that I'm really wondering how much he's going to consider coming here. If it comes out in the next few days that we are on his list, my excitement will go up a large amount. He is perfect for our offense. Perfect. 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This would be incredibly beneficial to us. The only thing holding me back from excitement about it is that I'm really wondering how much he's going to consider coming here. If it comes out in the next few days that we are on his list, my excitement will go up a large amount. He is perfect for our offense. Perfect. 

Agreed. IMO, it's quite a long shot due to the rivalry.

3 minutes ago, fortworthtiger said:

Agreed. IMO, it's quite a long shot due to the rivalry.

With all of these seniors coming back next season, we are setting up for 2019, but we will have a lot of new faces in 2020. It is because of this that I think Hurts would be awesome for us. 2019 will be a season we are going to gun for a title, and having an elite quarterback like Hurts along with all of these seniors returning would make us a huge threat next season.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

With all of these seniors coming back next season, we are setting up for 2019, but we will have a lot of new faces in 2020. It is because of this that I think Hurts would be awesome for us. 2019 will be a season we are going to gun for a title, and having an elite quarterback like Hurts along with all of these seniors returning would make us a huge threat next season.

Totally. From a skillset, scheme, leadership and maturity standpoint it could be perfect fit. I just think the rivalry is too big an obstacle. If Jalen was leaving on different terms (see Corey Grant), I think there would be a better shot at it.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

No thanks.

Team Joey!

I don’t think he’d come here, but Jalen has a lot bigger sample size to go on than Joey’s one run in a bowl game. I hope he does great next year, but right now he’s not in the same league as Hurts.

31 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I don’t think he’d come here, but Jalen has a lot bigger sample size to go on than Joey’s one run in a bowl game. I hope he does great next year, but right now he’s not in the same league as Hurts.

I agree.  I just want Gus to do it or die trying with his own QB.  Also, I'm no soothsayer but I have a gut feeling about Joey.  I predict he's going to have a break through.

He’s from Texas probably going to one of the Texas or Oklahoma schools if he goes anywhere.  Doesn’t going on that list just let other schools talk to him?  

This dude has WAY WAY too much bama in him. There is 0 chance he comes here. He is going out of conference I guarantee you. Nothing to see here. I am sure him and Sban have a understanding.

I'd love it. It's probably unlikely he comes to Auburn, but much like Kelly Bryant, we need to at least kick the tires on this one. Even if we don't necessarily need him we should at least raise the bidding price.

14 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I agree.  I just want Gus to do it or die trying with his own QB.  Also, I'm no soothsayer but I have a gut feeling about Joey.  I predict he's going to have a break through.

Y'all listen up. I wouldn't bet against this man's guts. Not after the year they've had.

(I LOVE it when I get a strong gut feeling about a guy. Right or wrong, it's a lot of fun when you get that feeling.)

16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Have had this feeling for a while. Hope it works out

5 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

Texas has a quarterback for the foreseeable future.

Hurts at Oklahoma could be pretty dang good though.

Ya I don't see him taking Ehlinger's job.

Isn't he from Houston? Maybe he goes to UH now with Holgronson there.

I don’t think Jalen fits in that Oklahoma offense. He fits in Auburn or Miss. St. offense. But I do agree that he likely leaves the conference.

18 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t think Jalen fits in that Oklahoma offense. He fits in Auburn or Miss. St. offense. But I do agree that he likely leaves the conference.

JMO but he could help lots of schools if coaches were smart enough to work an offense around his talents.  I would have though WeVa ….and maybe still a good shot with the new coach. ? Grier gone and JH would very likely have the job.   

Long term as noted earlier, best if he leaves the conference.  Foolish for him to have to play against bama after all he did for them. 

18 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’ve seen Florida State mentioned. I agree he probably wouldn’t do well with Oklahoma. 

Archived