Lindsey is Troy's new HC

auburnphan

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

I could see clock management and timeout utilization going back into tank. I could see overall team strategy issues popping up. Well, whatever happens at least we should be able to operate faster on O since we won't have coaches playing rock, paper, scissors to determine who is calling the next play

Does anyone remember during the last off-season the new rule regarding the # of headsets a staff could use was limited to 10-12?  Gus and IIRC even Saban took issue with the new rule limiting the number of head-sets that could be utilized.  

Anyway, I wonder if that restriction played any part in some of our offensive/oline woes last season?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, keesler said:

Does anyone remember during the last off-season the new rule regarding the # of headsets a staff could use was limited to 10-12?  Gus and IIRC even Saban took issue with the new rule limiting the number of head-sets that could be utilized.  

Anyway, I wonder if that restriction played any part in some of our offensive/oline woes last season?

Seems like we needed fewer headsets, not more.

:rimshot:

I know I'm preaching to the choir so don't think I'm saying this "at" you, but I sure hope something like that wouldn't sink us when it didn't seem to bother anyone else very much once the season started. 

22 hours ago, SumterAubie said:
23 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

This can't be true. 

I have it on good authority, from one of our own here, being a coach under Gus Malzahn is a career killer.

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Does this seem like a vertical move for an Auburn OC? Honest question. I haven't kept tabs on Troy lately.

Might be a stretch to say that Gus is a career killer, but his "tree" kinda looks like Christmas at Frank Costanza's house.

Image result for festivus pole

IMO, it is.

No, no, no....

HERE is the Gus coaching tree.

As a bonus, I hear it doubles as the WR route tree as well....

charlie-brown-christmas-tree.jpg

Isn’t Chad Morris considered part of Malzahn’s coaching tree, and Jeff Grimes was hired as BYU’s OC with his time in Gus’s offense being mentioned. Just playing devil’s advocate. Don’t kill the messenger!

1 hour ago, TXaubie said:

Isn’t Chad Morris considered part of Malzahn’s coaching tree, and Jeff Grimes was hired as BYU’s OC with his time in Gus’s offense being mentioned. Just playing devil’s advocate. Don’t kill the messenger!

Sure, Gus tree is really flourishing.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, SumterAubie said:

This can't be true. 

I have it on good authority, from one of our own here, being a coach under Gus Malzahn is a career killer.

Are you REALLY still hung up on this?  COME ON MAAAAAN!! haha. Just face it. Rhett and Chip got exiled to college football version of Siberia in Uconn and Kansas because Gus sacrificed them and used them as scapegoats when we all know the truth that GUS was the problem. Not them. CONGRATS! Troy threw Chip a lifeline and saved him from getting fired in a few years with no success like every coaching regime at kansas since Mangino has faced. Why are you acting like this is a big win for you in the Gus is not a coach killer argument? You do not even LIKE Gus. I have seen plenty of your posts where you say he should of been fired just as I have said as well. But you are defending the man like you are some 64 or Mikey level Gus homer! lmao. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! I get it somewhat though. You do not like me and are looking to get one over on me any chance you get. TBH I am not fond of you either. Mainly because of your disdain of GIFs!!! lol but come on this is ridiculous. At least die on a hill of something you are passionate about.

will.gif

phoebe.gif

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus sacrificed them and used them as scapegoats when we all know the truth

This is exaggeration if not fabricated. The coaching circles know how Gus does things and that’s why Chip still has a quality reputation.

Archived