Lindsey is Troy's new HC

auburnphan

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

But he is though. Gus brought him in as an analyst in 2013 and brought him in as OC in 2017. He’s been with Gus twice. 

He’s as much a part of tbe Gus coaching tree as he is under Rush Propst, John Mothershed, Todd Monken, and others. 

Also, something I forgot about: he was Troy’s QB coach in 2010. 

Any good hookah bars in Troy? 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Any good hookah bars in Troy? 

I know a couple guys from that area, and just from knowing them, I would think so. 

Great news for my man crush.  I knew he would land on his feet.  This isn’t the way I had envisioned, but this is great.  He just has to ride it out.  Like a surfer that is totally tubed and it looks like he won’t make it, somehow finds the shoulder.

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

But he is though. Gus brought him in as an analyst in 2013 and brought him in as OC in 2017. He’s been with Gus twice. 

He’s as much a part of tbe Gus coaching tree as he is under Rush Propst, John Mothershed, Todd Monken, and others. 

Also, something I forgot about: he was Troy’s QB coach in 2010. 

Sometimes we succeed in spite of our instructors.

26 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I'm still trying to process the phrase, "Gus (coaching) tree."  😜

I don't see why this is so difficult to process.  The Gus Tree is a direct reflection of Gus' ability to hire assistant coaches.  Simply put, he has done a lousy job of hiring coaches and his Tree shows that other hiring coaches and AD's also think he has done a lousy job of hiring.  Other than Chip, name another former coach under Gus who has moved up in the coaching world.  Given the exorbitant salaries AU has been paying to coaches, one would think that we have the best of the best, but that has not been true for some time now.

If this were the first time Gus has had problems with his offense I'd see where Chip could be blamed. But this isn't the first time with the offense not producing. Rhette's fault, now it's Chip. Well there is one common variable in all of this, Gus. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If this were the first time Gus has had problems with his offense I'd see where Chip could be blamed. But this isn't the first time with the offense not producing. Rhette's fault, now it's Chip. Well there is one common variable in all of this, Gus. 

I think Rhett is jealous right now.

12 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

The point was, the coaches contacting him, again we’re gonna disagree. I think it’s Gus, you think it’s chip, and that’s fine. I saw the same plays against Purdue as we saw during the season with chip. It’s been said before that chip could call plays, but it was filtered by gus

I’m confused by this. Why did the plays work against Purdue and not during the season if they were the same? (I know Purdue’s defense is bad but we looked pedestrian against some bad defenses). 

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yep, I've been saying for months it's time to stop blaming the variables (Lashlee and Lindsey) and to start blaming the constant (Malzahn.)

18 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I’m confused by this. Why did the plays work against Purdue and not during the season if they were the same? (I know Purdue’s defense is bad but we looked pedestrian against some bad defenses). 

Because Purdue has recruited like a high level MAC team for the last five years.  The other "bad" defenses we played in the SEC still recruit in the top 30.  Athletes matter.

27 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

The same reason that Northwestern's and Minnesota's plays worked against them?

I think you'll see the play calling improve next season as the layers of confusion are minimized, which hopefully leads to cohesion on the offense.  My concern, is that when Gus tends to focus on one area, then 2 or 3 other areas seem to fall apart.  So what else is going to fall apart next year?

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I think you'll see the play calling improve next season as the layers of confusion are minimized, which hopefully leads to cohesion on the offense.  My concern, is that when Gus tends to focus on one area, then 2 or 3 other areas seem to fall apart.  So what else is going to fall apart next year?

Agree with this. 

33 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yep, I've been saying for months it's time to stop blaming the variables (Lashlee and Lindsey) and to start blaming the constant (Malzahn.)

^^THIS^^  right here is why CGM is now the official Offensive Coordinator at AU and he hired a QB coach to replace Lindsey.  

Gus has his players, he's had his coaches, this is his team, the facilities are there, Lord knows the salaries are there.........it's time to get down the bottom line, pull the curtain away, pull the variables away and see what the constant is made of.

43 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What it screams to me is another season where we truck the teams who we have a lot more talent than- which is most of the schedule, despite the preseason rankings- and still be unable to adjust and scheme against any defense with a pulse. Who knows, though. Maybe our  new LBs play out of their minds and the DLs stay healthy and we identify a pass rusher and the defense keeps us in those games if the offense can just at least get first downs, which they couldn't even do this year in some of those games. 

I could see clock management and timeout utilization going back into tank. I could see overall team strategy issues popping up. Well, whatever happens at least we should be able to operate faster on O since we won't have coaches playing rock, paper, scissors to determine who is calling the next play

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

But Ohio St., Iowa, Boston College who were ranked when they played and a few others who were not, their plays didn't work against Purdue. Must've been the Purdue athletes?

1 hour ago, AuJoe said:
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

But Ohio St., Iowa, Boston College who were ranked when they played and a few others who were not, their plays didn't work against Purdue. Must've been the Purdue athletes?

It was the "UCF effect".

Purdue already beat tOSU (their bammer) so they were disappointed when they got matched up with "only" Auburn and just weren't fired up and mentally focused.

😉

Thanks 72. I didn't even think about it that way. Explains a lot. Here I was starting to think that, based on how some here think of Gus play-calling, that perhaps he was stuck in the bathroom and Dillingham was making all the play calls in the first half. Second half you could tell he was back because our mass scoring stopped. ;D

4 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

I'm still trying to process the phrase, "Gus (coaching) tree."  😜

Found you a visual aid.  Hope it helps!

iu-6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

This can't be true. 

I have it on good authority, from one of our own here, being a coach under Gus Malzahn is a career killer.

Does this seem like a vertical move for an Auburn OC? Honest question. I haven't kept tabs on Troy lately.

Might be a stretch to say that Gus is a career killer, but his "tree" kinda looks like Christmas at Frank Costanza's house.

Image result for festivus pole

38 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

This can't be true. 

I have it on good authority, from one of our own here, being a coach under Gus Malzahn is a career killer.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Does this seem like a vertical move for an Auburn OC? Honest question. I haven't kept tabs on Troy lately.

Might be a stretch to say that Gus is a career killer, but his "tree" kinda looks like Christmas at Frank Costanza's house.

Image result for festivus pole

IMO, it is.

Just saw where the OC at Georgia, Chaney, is going to be the OC at Tennessee. A little more pay but still a lateral move and one from a team that is successful to a team that may be on the up but still has a long way to go to be competitive not to mention a significant difference in recruiting level. Also saw where they are losing some more guys besides Fields to transfers. Is there something going on with Kirby's program that would make some get out while they can? Scoop anyone?

Archived