The Wisdom of Mad Magazine Circa 1992...

DKW 86

No photo description available.

Why did anyone ever believe a word this jackleg ever said or wrote? Oh yea, he gave a lot of money to Democrats and Race Hustlers like Jackson and Sharpton in an effort to buy their loyalty and garner vast amounts of positive media attention. It worked like a charm until the money ranout...

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

No photo description available.

Why did anyone ever believe a word this jackleg ever said or wrote? Oh yea, he gave a lot of money to Democrats and Race Hustlers like Jackson and Sharpton in an effort to buy their loyalty and garner vast amounts of positive media attention. It worked like a charm until the money ranout...

I agree with the first part of your statement, but I feel compelled to point out that Trump was donating to Democrats and Republicans.  Politicians usually aren't too wary of campaign contributions and program funding.  It was, however, the Republicans that took that next step to accept his candidacy and propel him to power seemingly to spite themselves and the Democrats.

I dedicate this one too you DKW, Our Blessed Protector of Manufactured Equivalencies:

4 hours ago, HVAU said:

I agree with the first part of your statement, but I feel compelled to point out that Trump was donating to Democrats and Republicans.  Politicians usually aren't too wary of campaign contributions and program funding.  It was, however, the Republicans that took that next step to accept his candidacy and propel him to power seemingly to spite themselves and the Democrats.

I dedicate this one too you DKW, Our Blessed Protector of Manufactured Equivalencies:

Love me some Joni

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Love me some Joni

I'm with you.  Both Sides, Coyote, Drycleaner from Des Moines and her vocals on Goodbye Porkpie Hat are brilliant.  I am a touch Jaco-centric, but there's not much Joni I don't enjoy.

4 minutes ago, HVAU said:

I'm with you.  Both Sides, Coyote, Drycleaner from Des Moines and her vocals on Goodbye Porkpie Hat are brilliant.  I am a touch Jaco-centric, but there's not much Joni I don't enjoy.

You should post in our music thread I've posted a few of Joni's songs

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/149805-music-thread-v15post-your-tunes/

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:
11 minutes ago, HVAU said:

You should post in our music thread I've posted a few of Joni's songs

Good stuff over there Golf. Been to long since I have visited.

All the girls dedicated this one to me in the day .....I loved what remember of the 70's😉

29 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good stuff over there Golf. Been to long since I have visited.

All the girls dedicated this one to me in the day .....I loved what remember of the 70's😉

I bet they did:poke::timeout:

9 hours ago, HVAU said:

I dedicate this one too you DKW, Our Blessed Protector of Manufactured Equivalencies

Manufactured? LMAO...

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Manufactured? LMAO...

Your presentation seems to condemn Trump's fickle political nature more than Democrats' ill conceived support for his political aspirations.  Like many business people Trump donated to all manner of politician, as the data I linked to illustrates, and politicians of all parties accept donations, even from pathetic people like Trump. 

Again, it wasn't the Democrats that held their nose to support Trump.  It wasn't the Democrats that altered their foreign policy positions to suit Trump.  It hasn't been the Democrats constantly moving their moral goal posts as Trump sinks deeper into dumbassery. 

The tongue in cheek "Both Sides Now" label is apropo here (I agree with you on many things, but on this frequent theme I do not) so just enjoy some Joni.

It WAS the Democrats that welcomed him into their midst for DECADES. I love how the Dembots are absolutely convinced that God must WANT TO BE A DEMOCRAT when he grows up. I mean, in your eyes, and the eyes of a few others on this board, it must be so cool to support a party that fought a war to maintain slavery of black folks, Invented KKK, Invented Jim Crow, Systematically Held Black People back for 100s of years, And now allows them off the Plantation only now and again and that that party is PERFECTION. No issues whatsoever. We all should be sssooo perfect to support a party so steeped in violence and hate but now is Perfect...For historical accuracy, it was the Republican Party that voted with the Northern Democrats For Civil Rights and Voter Rights, and The Great Society Programs. It was Republicans that were in Selma, Alabama signing up Blacks to Vote. 

In 2009, the Dem Party had control of the HOR, the Senate, and the WH and therefore the DOJ. With all that power they managed a watered down piece of corrective legislation, called Dodd-Frank, and managed to actually investigate, arrest and prosecute ONE and ONLY ONE Wall Street Banker. Out of 1000s of Evil Doers, the Dem Party, with more power than they have had in 80 years or more, managed to put one low-level guy in jail after the economy was crashed for the benefit of the 1%. Please put down the crack pipe. If you think YOUR collection of ne'er-do-wells is any better than any other collection of ne'er-do-wells, you Sir are on drugs, plain and simple. 2009-2010 was a 100% Surrender of all the party's virtue for $$$. There is no other way you can translate that. Would the Republicans have done it any better? Oh hell no, but that is the point.  Between the two parties, there is no longer any real separation of real actions. Oh they can certainly TALK and TALK and TALK and TALK about their perceived differences, but when it actually comes down to DOING anything, well, NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

I have told yall this before, I have a close friend of mine that plays a talking head character on MSNBC about 2-3X a month, staunch as hell, dyed-in-the-wool Democrat. He will BLUNTLY tell you off camera that in Washington DC there is only one party: The Party of Money. This party may nominally have two wings, but, at the end of the day, it is ONE PARTY.

45 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

slavery of black folks, Invented KKK, Invented Jim Crow, Systematically Held Black People back for 100s of years, And now allows them off the Plantation only now and again and that that party is PERFECTION

A typical battle cry of Republicans that completely ignores the paradigm shift through the 1950's and the era of the Republican's southern strategy.  That southern Democrats operated in the blue dog manner has nothing to do with politics today.  What relationship does the Republican party have to cities Selma now?

Though the Democrats aren't perfect they aren't the party unraveling civil rights protections like the Voting Rights Act, the party that attempted to thwart voting rights in Florida for citizens had served their time for crimes, the party that won a recent gubernatorial election by closing polling places in minority communities and adding convoluted verification processes to voter registration, the party that employed similar convoluted processes to voter registration in a Native American population, the party of Trump, the party of Steve King, and so on and so on.  

We could dive a little deeper here with some time.  All of the bills introduced by both Republicans and Democrats are easily accessed at Congress.gov.  I anticipate such research would reflect the values of each party.  Maybe we should start a analysis thread.

57 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

In 2009, the Dem Party had control of the HOR, the Senate, and the WH and therefore the DOJ. With all that power they managed a watered down piece of corrective legislation, called Dodd-Frank, and managed to actually investigate, arrest and prosecute ONE and ONLY ONE Wall Street Banker. Out of 1000s of Evil Doers, the Dem Party, with more power than they have had in 80 years or more, managed to put one low-level guy in jail after the economy was crashed for the benefit of the 1%.

The Democrats' solution to the financial/banking criminality of the last recession fell vastly short, but Dodd-Frank was at least a move to regulate against the actions that led to the downturn.  A move that the Republican Senate voted to weaken last year.  

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Please put down the crack pipe. If you think YOUR collection of ne'er-do-wells is any better than any other collection of ne'er-do-wells, you Sir are on drugs, plain and simple

I am in no way deluded about the imperfection of the Democrats.  I am certain there are incompetent, corrupt, callous, ignorant members of the Democrat party.  Today, however, the party in power and their leader are incompetent, corrupt, callous, ignorant and dysfunctional too an order of magnitude not seen in modern American politics.  Your constant attempts to draw parallels do nothing but further the narrative that led to the election of Trump and bolsters the illogic that maintains support amongst his base.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I have a close friend of mine that plays a talking head character on MSNBC about 2-3X a month, staunch as hell, dyed-in-the-wool Democrat. He will BLUNTLY tell you off camera that in Washington DC there is only one party: The Party of Money. This party may nominally have two wings, but, at the end of the day, it is ONE PARTY.

Nobody has forgotten about your friend.  As far as the machinations of partisan politics, elections and money, I agree with them.  The majority of political today are constantly dialing for dollars, shilling for donors, compromising on their principles, but there is a difference.  The difference is that one party chose to knowingly promote an incompetent, xenophobic, autocratic, morally bankrupt troglodyte to the top of their party.

42 minutes ago, HVAU said:

We could dive a little deeper here with some time.  All of the bills introduced by both Republicans and Democrats are easily accessed at Congress.gov.  I anticipate such research would reflect the values of each party.  Maybe we should start a analysis thread.

Sponsoring Bills was addressed in the TALK and TALK and TALK segment. Sponsoring a bill that has zero chance of passing and no one pushes is just wasted hot air. Lets count what actually gets passed. You know, those action thingys again.

The Democrats' solution to the financial/banking criminality of the last recession fell vastly short, but Dodd-Frank was at least a move to regulate against the actions that led to the downturn.  A move that the Republican Senate voted to weaken last year.  

You win the Cop-out of the Year Award. Fell vastly short???? Think what you meant to say was exactly done as the Democrats worked it out to be.They had the votes, the power, the juice. They didnt do the job because they never had any intention of doing the job. This is a classic example of TALK doesnt Eqaul Doing. Yes, the Republicans are trying to gut what little work was done. I do not support the Republicans at all. I simply cant.

I am in no way deluded about the imperfection of the Democrats.  I am certain there are incompetent, corrupt, callous, ignorant members of the Democrat party.  Today, however, the party in power and their leader are incompetent, corrupt, callous, ignorant and dysfunctional too an order of magnitude not seen in modern American politics.  Your constant attempts to draw parallels do nothing but further the narrative that led to the election of Trump and bolsters the illogic that maintains support amongst his base.

I didnt do anything that lead to the Election of Trump. Nominating a pol with more baggage than Samsonite, that ran a horrible campaign, that managed to namecall so many American Voters...That disconnected with the American Middle Class as Deplorables. That out spent the opposition candidate by almost $500M and still lost. That is who to blame for Trump in the WH. The $500M alone should have overcome anything that anyone else said or did.

Nobody has forgotten about your friend.  As far as the machinations of partisan politics, elections and money, I agree with them.  The majority of political today are constantly dialing for dollars, shilling for donors, compromising on their principles, but there is a difference.  The difference is that one party chose to knowingly promote an incompetent, xenophobic, autocratic, morally bankrupt troglodyte to the top of their party.

Actually that party fought Trump probably harder than HRC did. There are still never Trumpers out there. I am not a Republican. But smearing them all with that lame talking points brush is again what this debate is all about. the Republicans accepted who won the Nomination, after fighting him all the way. The Democrats, looked at the more popular candidate, plotted against him, chose the one that lost, helped her mismanage her campaign, etc

There might be .01% difference in the two parties, but it is not enough to really care. I do support the Democrats, but i support them for what they could be, not what they are now. Warren, I hope wins because i think she really wants to redo Glass-Stegall etc. Real reform for working class people. I do not harbor any delusions about the rest of the party. WS will pay off a few party members and get 100% of everything they want. Warren could get nothing.

For those of us who hold the protection and preservation of our natural environment as an important issue, there is hell of a lot more than a "0.01%" difference between the two parties.

For those of us who take the threat of global warming seriously, there is a hell of a lot more than a "0.01%" difference between the two parties.

For those of us who hope to make legislative progress in limiting the effect of money - particularly unaccountable money - in politics, there is a hell of a lot more difference than "0.01%" difference between the two parties.

For those of us who have hope for a more equitable distribution of wealth and power in our society there is a hell of a lot more difference than "0.01%" between the two parties.

For those of us who welcome multi-culturism and consider it a strength instead of fearing it, there is a hell of a lot more difference than "0.01%" between the two parties.

I could go on.....

The Democratic party is far from perfect and many Democrats have done hypocritical and shameful things.  Democrats must also operate within the existing system in order to compete for power. It serves no political purpose for them to unilaterally disarm themselves regarding acceptance of corporate money (for example).  Affecting new legislation is not possible in today's political environment without holding the requisite political power.

There are stark differences between the current Democratic party and the current Republican party regarding issues and priorities.   To claim there is essentially no difference between the party's is absurd on it's face.

Cynicism is no way to make progress.

"So Spaniard, we shall go to Rome together and have bloody adventures. And the great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more."

DKW is right....

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Sponsoring Bills was addressed in the TALK and TALK and TALK segment. Sponsoring a bill that has zero chance of passing and no one pushes is just wasted hot air. Lets count what actually gets passed. You know, those action thingys again.

That's fair.  We can look at bills passed.

You win the Cop-out of the Year Award. Fell vastly short???? Think what you meant to say was exactly done as the Democrats worked it out to be.They had the votes, the power, the juice. They didnt do the job because they never had any intention of doing the job. This is a classic example of TALK doesnt Eqaul Doing. Yes, the Republicans are trying to gut what little work was done. I do not support the Republicans at all. I simply cant.

So what would you have liked to see in Dodd-Frank that wasn't there?  It was fairly specific in addressing the deregulations by GLBA that allowed the behaviors that led to the recession.

I didnt do anything that lead to the Election of Trump. Nominating a pol with more baggage than Samsonite, that ran a horrible campaign, that managed to namecall so many American Voters...That disconnected with the American Middle Class as Deplorables. That out spent the opposition candidate by almost $500M and still lost. That is who to blame for Trump in the WH. The $500M alone should have overcome anything that anyone else said or did.

I agree that HRC ran a subpar campaign, ignoring and insulting important components of the electorate.  We agree that she was a bad choice due to her vulnerabilities, and I had discussions to that effect before the primaries started.  As bad as she was, she was a superior choice compared to Trump.  That was evident in every debate they had.

Please excuse my tangent here, but it's intriguing how frequently the "basket of deplorables" comment comes up in these discussions while Trump's insults are rarely referenced in the conversation.  Trump is held to a much lower standard than his colleagues.

I shouldn't have accused you of the action directly.  What I should have said is similar false equivalences were a factor in Trump's election and are utilized to bolster the referenced illocic.

I think your comments regarding Never Trumpers is incorrect.  I am certainly glad that Never Trumpers exist, but the majority of Republicans were all too ready to accept him in the end.

I'll finish my part in this here.  You frequently, as is the case in this thread,  open a conversation about Trump and quickly shift into criticisms of Democrats.  There is plenty to criticize with Democrats, but what is the point of this weird shift you're always making.  Either criticize the Democrats or criticize Trump, but stop trying to make them part and parcel of the same conversation.

I am sorry that the Perfect Party cannot be criticized. I truly didnt know. 

I criticize the Dems for the crap they did to the truly more popular candidate, BS. The Dem leadership twisted everyway they could so that HRC could finally win the primaries. If the Dems didnt have Super Delegates that year, maybe BS would have won the whole shebang. I make fun of them when they refuse to see that their actions (Deplorables, ignoring MI, WI, OH) helped get Trump elected. I laugh at them when they try and say they are different, and they are at least in speech and policy, but when it comes to action...same as it ever was...no difference.

3 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Even the most ardent Never Trumpers could never stomach electing HRC in his place. 

I sure hope that's the case.

14 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Even the most ardent Never Trumpers could never stomach electing HRC in his place. 

You act like this is news to anyone in this nation...So your point was?

37 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You act like this is news to anyone in this nation...So your point was?

Some of what is seen as "acceptance" of Trump is actually relief that HRC didn't become POTUS.  

On 1/12/2019 at 11:25 PM, johnnyAU said:

Some of what is seen as "acceptance" of Trump is actually relief that HRC didn't become POTUS.  

Oh yeah we're way better off now, with this dumbass that knows nothing about government, working class people, children, diplomacy, or even proper spelling. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh yeah we're way better off now, with this dumbass that knows nothing about government, working class people, children, diplomacy, or even proper spelling. 

Yes,  we are better off.

Archived