2019 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Is he a tackle, please say he is a tackle?

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Earned his first collegiate start at left tackle against UTSA.  6'4" 306

Anderson headshot

I'd rather have someone that looks to be in their 30's and running from the FBI.  This guy looks like an extra from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

I'd rather have someone that looks to be in their 30's and running from the FBI.  This guy looks like an extra from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

If they can play I don’t care what they look like

image.jpeg

12 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Like this guy? 

Image result for pictures of tom banks nfl

or maybe these guys

Image result for pictures of tom banks nfl

He was a RS Freshman at Baylor this year. So we would have him for upto three years and has had some game experience as a starter. Would be a nice pickup.

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He was a RS Freshman at Baylor this year. So we would have him for upto three years and has had some game experience as a starter. Would be a nice pickup.

We'd get two years playing time out of him. Everybody gets five years to play four and he'd have used redshirt, freshman and transfer years before he could play at AU. Would still have been a nice pickup.

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we get Bell & Henry plus Alec Jackson has a good Spring moving to the OL I'm not sure we will take a transfer OL beside maybe a GT Center if 1 comes available the staff likes.

I like Alec as an OT at 6' 5" and just under 300 pounds he has the size. Since he was originally a DE he must have some decent wheels and since unlike the Prince's he grew up playing American football it should not be as much of an adjustment for him to move to O-Line. I hope he also has long arms to go with being 6'5".  We seem to have a lot of D-Line talent so it is probably a good move for him also. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Looks like Ogre from Revenge Of The Nerds

75of.gif

Tom Banks center for AU and St. Louis Cardinals mean sob who could scare the crap out of me at Auburn but one hell of a great party guy 

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

That is a group of nasty mofo's right there....

Eh, nothing you wouldn't see dancing on the bar at the Clermont Lounge on any given Saturday...

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

If we get Bell & Henry plus Alec Jackson has a good Spring moving to the OL I'm not sure we will take a transfer OL beside maybe a GT Center if 1 comes available the staff likes.

I didn't know there were plans of A JAckson moving to OL???? When did this come up?

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I didn't know there were plans of A JAckson moving to OL???? When did this come up?

When all out non-SR DL decided to return. Caldwell made a post on it last week on his site that he didn't make VIP. & also touched on it on Bill Cameron's radio show last week.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Dobler make Banks look like a choir-boy probably, at least on the field

😄  I had forgotten about Conrad....wasn't he the guy who reputedly bit opposing players in a pile up?    

58 minutes ago, AU64 said:

😄  I had forgotten about Conrad....wasn't he the guy who reputedly bit opposing players in a pile up?    

One of the dirtiest NFL players ever. All of the NFL hated him and would try and kill him anytime they could.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Tom Banks center for AU and St. Louis Cardinals mean sob who could scare the crap out of me at Auburn but one hell of a great party guy 

My favorite Tom Banks story: We're playing Kentucky in basketball at BEMC. It's a close game. A bunch of Kentucky students are there sitting in the AU student section. Me, I'm three rows behind the Kentucky people, and Tom Banks is just two rows behind them. There's a call the Kentucky guys don't like and they start throwing trash onto the playing floor. The Ref, not understanding the deal, warns Auburn that the next thing thrown on the floor will be a technical foul against the Tigers!

Banks walks down two rows to where those Kentucky people are and says: The next sum-bit** that throws something on that floor is gonna' get thrown down there after it. Then he sat on the concrete step, right at the end of their row. That ended them throwing cups onto the floor! :)

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

My favorite Tom Banks story: We're playing Kentucky in basketball at BEMC. It's a close game. A bunch of Kentucky students are there sitting in the AU student section. Me, I'm three rows behind the Kentucky people, and Tom Banks is just two rows behind them. There's a call the Kentucky guys don't like and they start throwing trash onto the playing floor. The Ref, not understanding the deal, warns Auburn that the next thing thrown on the floor will be a technical foul against the Tigers!

Banks walks down two rows to where those Kentucky people are and says: The next sum-bit** that throws something on that floor is gonna' get thrown down there after it. Then he sat on the concrete step, right at the end of their row. That ended them throwing cups onto the floor! :)

He got his meanness from his dad.  Tom Banks Sr. was someone you didn't want to mess with either.  And he was a good football player also.

54 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Can we get a pinned transfer portal announcement thread on Rivals recruiting?

There's a transfer thread in the Rivals section now that can be pinned. If you want something separate for announcements only then feel free to create a thread & I'll pin it. Regardless I will not maintain or run it because I only care about who transfers to AU. I really don't see a point in creating a new thread for it though since 247 has a transfer announcement page complete with ratings out of high school or juco that everyone can bookmark if they want to follow it

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

Archived