Null



ellitor

2019 Transfer Portal Thread

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There's a transfer thread in the Rivals section now that can be pinned. If you want something separate for announcements only then feel free to create a thread & I'll pin it. Regardless I will not maintain or run it because I only care about who transfers to AU. I really don't see a point in creating a new thread for it though since 247 has a transfer announcement page complete with ratings out of high school or juco that everyone can bookmark if they want to follow it

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

Transfer portal is a part of CFB now but it doesn’t matter. Thanks for tbe link. I’ll be paying attention to the latest transfer and see if he applies for the waiver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




35 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Transfer portal is a part of CFB now but it doesn’t matter. Thanks for tbe link. I’ll be paying attention to the latest transfer and see if he applies for the waiver. 

The only reason I posted mine here was because he was predicated to Auburn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, toddc said:

The only reason I posted mine here was because he was predicated to Auburn.

Well aren’t you fancy with the long predicated word. 

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See that Kyle Davis is signed up in the "transfer portal".....he left AU for FAU ….just wondering how many transfers a guy can have?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

See that Kyle Davis is signed up in the "transfer portal".....he left AU for FAU ….just wondering how many transfers a guy can have?   

2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aujeff11 thread revamped, moved, & pinned to the Rivals Section. Hope this works for you.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@aujeff11 thread revamped, moved, & pinned to the Rivals Section. Hope this works for you.

Boom!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 10:28 PM, ClaytonAU said:

If they can play I don’t care what they look like

Yep.

This guy didn't look like anything special, but I'd like one just like him in the middle of my offensive line.  He's a big ball of hate...nearly killed one of his offenssive line mates when he was with the Bears.

.Image result for olin kreutz

 

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure the coaches are trying to be patient and see how National Signing Day pans out, but I’ve been extremely disappointed in the guys that we’ve missed out on so far in the transfer season. These are guys that we heavily recruited, but have had no traction with after they decided to transfer.

Justin Fields QB

Luke Ford TE

Deangelo Gibbs S

Aubrey Solomon DT

Then there’s other 5* players that we hear nothing about. 

Drew Richmond OT (BIG need)

George Campbell WR

Jaelin Phillips OLB

Deandre Jones OLB

I know OT is the biggest position of need, but I hope we are heavily recruiting Parker Braun from Georgia Tech. He was a 2nd Team All-ACC as a sophomore and a 1st team All-ACC as a junior. He started 32 straight games at LG and was arguably their best player last year. I would take this kid in a heart beat over Horton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’ve been extremely disappointed in the guys that we’ve missed out on so far in the transfer season. These are guys that we heavily recruited, but have had no traction with after they decided to transfer.

giphy.gif

 

Hate to burst your bubble @CameronCrazy but we didn't go after any of the guys you mentioned after they transferred so there is no missing out on or no traction to be applied.

We would not bring in Fields with Bo having just signed.

Luke Ford was dead set on going home to Illinois.

We are pretty set at Safety so no need for Gibbs.

We were never in the thick of it for Solomon out of high school. Besides he wouldn't come to AU to be a 2nd string DL.

Richmond only has 1 year to play left in college so having him sit behind Tega & Driscoll is nowhere near a big need.

AU was never in the thick of it for Campbell & we have a lot of talent at WR as is.

Jaelin Phillips would be a Buck in our system & we have enough of them on roster as is.

Not sure Keandre Jones would be an option for AU. Our staff likes our projected starters for 2019 & I don't think he's a guy wants to be a 2nd team LB

9 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Parker Braun from Georgia Tech. He was a 2nd Team All-ACC as a sophomore and a 1st team All-ACC as a junior. He started 32 straight games at LG and was arguably their best player last year.

Now he would be a valid guy to look at but not sure the staff would bring in a GT Guard to start over 2 SR starters.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

 

Hate to burst your bubble @CameronCrazy but we didn't go after any of the guys you mentioned after they transferred so there is no missing out on or no traction to be applied.

We would not bring in Fields with Bo having just signed.

Luke Ford was dead set on going home to Illinois.

We are pretty set at Safety so no need for Gibbs.

We were never in the thick of it for Solomon out of high school. Besides he wouldn't come to AU to be a 2nd string DL.

Richmond only has 1 year to play left in college so having him sit behind Tega & Driscoll is nowhere near a big need.

AU was never in the thick of it for Campbell & we have a lot of talent at WR as is.

Jaelin Phillips would be a Buck in our system & we have enough of them on roster as is.

Not sure Keandre Jones would be an option for AU. Our staff likes our projected starters for 2019 & I don't think he's a guy wants to be a 2nd team LB

Now he would be a valid guy to look at but not sure the staff would bring in a GT Guard to start over 2 SR starters.

I respect your opinion, E. And had it not been for the Judge Judy eye roll, I wouldn’t have replied....

First of all, thats the problem... we didn’t even pursue these guys. Instead we are pursuing LaMichael flippin Pettway. Outside of Brown, Coe, Davidson, Tega, and Seth Williams, I think we can upgrade every position.

Justin Fields - still think he’s a once in a decade type player. Would take him over Bo Nix in a heartbeat.

Luke Ford - understandable

Deangelo Gibbs - we are set at safety? Dinson is terrible and Thomas is too inconsistent. I do like Sherwood and Smoke Monday, but everyone else could be upgraded.

Solomon - I seem to remember Garner getting in on him after he de-committed from Michigan the first time but could be wrong.

Richmond - We need talented depth next year. I’m also not convinced that he wouldn’t be an upgrade to Driscoll.

Phillips & Campbell - touché. Again, I just don’t understand why we are pursuing LaMichael Pettway and not more talented options.

Keandre Jones - we are razor thin at LB.  If we start experiencing the injuries at LB that Alabama experienced the past two years then we would be dead in the water. Britt & Wooten haven’t done anything impressive to date, so I doubt it would take much to convince a talented LB to come to Auburn after looking at our depth chart.

Braun - so we should value a guy’s seniority rather than his talent level? Horton is a huge problem and liability at RG. I think we could upgrade every position on the OL with the exception of maybe Tega.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Imadeyourbhebee entered the futuristic transfer portal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Josh Imadeyourbhebee entered the futuristic transfer portal.

Boom or bust type guy. He's a GT with 2 years of eligibility. He sprained his ankle early last year when it was thought he was going to have a breakout season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Zizi

Who Dat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was thinking about former FSU QB Deandre Francois and all that has happened with him now being in the Transfer portal. The girl that accused him of abuse on Instagram leading to his dismissal from the team recanted her statement. Said it was a lie....i don't rememeber much about him last year maybe he was hurt but was it 2016 or 2017 he showed a lot of promise just didn't have any protection. He was a highly touted 4 star recruit....number 3 PP in the class...and has athleticism to do well in our offense? What are the thoughts of this prestigious board?

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

hat are the thoughts

  Talented kid however if there is  even an inkling of  A domestic issue with him I don’t see Gus making a run. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 6:23 AM, aujeff11 said:

Josh Imadeyourbhebee entered the futuristic transfer portal.

Read this 👆thought this👇

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

  Talented kid however if there is  even an inkling of  A domestic issue with him I don’t see Gus making a run. 

Well and I would agree with his decision and I havent done the research into his entire past, but I also believe in the Constitution, and that one is innocent until proven guilty. That is part of the problem in todays Cultural climate is all someone has to do is get mad and say you did something and it can ruin your entire life. If that is the only issue there has been and the witness recanted her statement then the kid deserves a second chance. I'm sure there are plenty of people on the payroll that will sift through the details. My bigger question is do you think he would be a good fit and do you think he would be worth pursuing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

do you think he would be a good fit and do you think he would be worth pursuing?

1.  Yes 2. Can’t answer that question without knowing the real domestic situation with him. Plus I usually don’t have an opinion on if a kid is worth pursuing without knowing first if Auburn is actually interested.

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I was thinking about former FSU QB Deandre Francois and all that has happened with him now being in the Transfer portal. The girl that accused him of abuse on Instagram leading to his dismissal from the team recanted her statement. Said it was a lie....i don't rememeber much about him last year maybe he was hurt but was it 2016 or 2017 he showed a lot of promise just didn't have any protection. He was a highly touted 4 star recruit....number 3 PP in the class...and has athleticism to do well in our offense? What are the thoughts of this prestigious board?

Trouble written all over him......no thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Trouble written all over him......no thanks

Yup. Supposedly the issued apology from the girl was fake. Someone apparently hacked her social media accounts & made the apology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Supposedly the issued apology from the girl was fake. Someone apparently hacked her social media accounts & made the apology.

Not the first time its happen with this guy. He is not a team player all about himself. This comes from some FSU guys in the the know. I don't want him anywhere near AU

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bama’s highest rated recruit from last year put himself into the portal. Linebacker named Anoma.

Still waiting on Ben Davis. His fellow recruits are already entering the NFL and he basically hasnt played much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, aujeff11 said:

Bama’s highest rated recruit from last year put himself into the portal. Linebacker named Anoma.

Still waiting on Ben Davis. His fellow recruits are already entering the NFL and he basically hasnt played much.

Anoma took himself out of tbe portal.

Speaking of the portal:

A NICE Gary Patterson quote:

“I have a new phrase -- portal parents -- staying away from,” Patterson said. “You can already tell if it’s not going the way they need to that they’re going to be changing. It’s kind of like when I interview coaches, I interview their wife. When kids come in, I want to make sure I bring their parents with them.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...