2019 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

There are several O linemen that we could potentially talk to including a few starters that are available. There’s also a safety from South Alabama that was once a ND commit that caught my eye. Thoughts? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/NCAA-transfer-portal-names-players-destinations-127866941/Amp/

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several OLs we could get ahold of. Larry Boyd from Illinois is one name that looks promising as I believe he would have 3 years of eligibility remaining. Jesus Gibbs from South Carolina is another body. Lots of grad transfer O-linemen but certainly could take a look at some of these undergrads. 

Edit: Wow, Illinois is losing some O-linemen. Another guy we might want to take a look at from them is Andrew Trainer who is 6'7, 300 lbs. Looks like he may have 3 years remaining as well. 

Also, remember Tray Bishop? Wonder if we'd bite again...

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

There are several O linemen that we could potentially talk to including a few starters that are available. There’s also a safety from South Alabama that was once a ND commit that caught my eye. Thoughts? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/NCAA-transfer-portal-names-players-destinations-127866941/Amp/

Just waiting to see who AU is interested in. My guess is we take an undergrad OT  & graduate WR to replace Slayton. FWIW Kodi Burns just followed George Campbell on Twitter who is in the transfer portal.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just waiting to see who AU is interested in. My guess is we take an undergrad OT  & graduate WR to replace Slayton. FWIW Kodi Burns just followed George Campbell on Twitter who is in the transfer portal.

6'2" 202 on his 247 profile

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Kodi Burns just followed George Campbell on Twitter who is in the transfer portal.

I remember that name. Would be a big get

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

George Campbell. That name sounds very familiar.

Big time WR recruit a few years ago.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 Transfer Portal Thread

I am going to help E out.  Lets get back to the Portal thread. Has Auburn shown any interest in any of the Undergrad O-Lineman?

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Has Auburn shown any interest in any of the Undergrad O-Lineman?

No word on it.

Anybody heard anything about the Tennessee OT Richmond? Looks like he was a full time starter last year for them and played some in 2016. Was a 4 star prospect we offered. 

Richmond has one year left to play so unless he is a graduate he would sit out one year and be able to play in 2020 which would help us buy time assuming we can get some good OT's next year and give them one Redshirt year to get ready for SEC football.  If he will graduate then he could come in for next year but even if he was good enough to start would only help with depth. Ideally we need somebody who transfers with 2 years of Eligibility so we have time to recruit and develop some 4 year players. But he would still be a great get if he has to sit out next year.

41 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Richmond has one year left to play so unless he is a graduate he would sit out one year and be able to play in 2020 which would help us buy time assuming we can get some good OT's next year and give them one Redshirt year to get ready for SEC football.  If he will graduate then he could come in for next year but even if he was good enough to start would only help with depth. Ideally we need somebody who transfers with 2 years of Eligibility so we have time to recruit and develop some 4 year players. But he would still be a great get if he has to sit out next year.

I believe he’s a graduate so could immediately plug and play. I know it’s only one year but with our situation we need bodies and I have a feeling he’d be better than troxell or Driscoll at RT which is where he started last year. More bodies makes competition and hopefully makes someone improve. 

2 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

Anybody heard anything about the Tennessee OT Richmond? Looks like he was a full time starter last year for them and played some in 2016. Was a 4 star prospect we offered. 

He played poorly last year. Doubt he could beat out Tega or Driscoll & doubt he would want to try. Also he's a GT Tackle. If we take a transfer tackle it's much more likely to be an undergrad that can go in 2020.

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Off that wire we could immediately use George Campbell (WR), Richmond (OT), Gibbs (OT), Malik Robinson (ILB) and Trey Bishop (S).

Don't need Richmond or Bishop.

1 hour ago, tbone1430 said:

I have a feeling he’d be better than troxell or Driscoll at RT which is where he started last year.

You'd be wrong. Richmond was worse than Driscoll last year.

I was looking at the Transfer Portal and Illinois has 3 or 4 very large OT and a center looks like, are we taking interest in these guys, 2 just completed their F season

another with his Soph season, and the center his jr season. 

E- you heard anything on these guys? 

8 hours ago, Roos said:

@Roos Nothing other than hopeful speculation on Boyd & Unije. No word yet of actual AU interest.

12 hours ago, Roos said:

I was looking at the Transfer Portal and Illinois has 3 or 4 very large OT and a center looks like, are we taking interest in these guys, 2 just completed their F season

another with his Soph season, and the center his jr season. 

I don't think they fit what we're trying to do on the o-line. We are trying to revolutionize the game with a patented, all-guard, line up. Great for the running game.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, Pedaler said:

I don't think they fit what we're trying to do on the o-line. We are trying to revolutionize the game with a patented, all-guard, line up. Great for the running game.

New blocking scheme: Everybody pulls.

I thought Gus would start recruiting Junior College transfers rather than going after more grad transfers. JUCO players have 2 years. A grad transfer only has 1 year and then he moves on.

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I thought Gus would start recruiting Junior College transfers rather than going after more grad transfers. JUCO players have 2 years. A grad transfer only has 1 year and then he moves on.

Maybe Gus can hire you to evaluate JUCO linemen. You can be responsible for Arizona JUCO prospects.

Archived