2019 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I thought Gus would start recruiting Junior College transfers rather than going after more grad transfers. JUCO players have 2 years. A grad transfer only has 1 year and then he moves on.

As I've told you a million times @auburn4ever grad transfers are much more reliable & pan out much more often than juco transfers.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, AUallday said:

Any intrest in these guys anyone?

Pettway is answered in that we have a thread for him. No word yet if AU has interest in the rest.

I think we should be looking hard at the Illini, they have some kids that look pretty good on paper, are in the transfer portal and ready to go. 

dumb question - maybe...

can a grad transfer come to Auburn, sit out a year, work on his grad work, then play the next year as he finishes his grad degree, graduating in that December?  Gives him two Spring practices and two summers!

You have to be patient, but you finish your masters and you will be fully integrated into Auburn and better prepared for the NFL, if that is your goal.   ( I know grad transfers are not NFL ready or they would be going to the NFL, but you see where I am going with this....)

8 minutes ago, Beaker said:

can a grad transfer come to Auburn, sit out a year, work on his grad work, then play the next year as he finishes his grad degree, graduating in that December?  Gives him two Spring practices and two summers!

Only if he never redshirted at his previous school. No GT is going to do that that. They transfer expecting to play immediately & win a starting job.

Reuben Unije,  Larry Boyd, Andrew Trainer are the Illinois guys that have 2+ years of eligibility. 

Jesus Smith from SC also will have to sit one year. 

There's also a tackle from South Alabama named Ben Becker that is only a sophomore next season. 3* out of HS. Yes, he's from South Alabama, but sure wouldn't hurt depth, and he's in close by. 

Just my opinion, but these are the guys we need to get on. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just my opinion, but these are the guys we need to get on. 

With Spring classes in full swing now there likely won't be many moves for guys already in the portal who haven't made a decision yet. The staff can afford to be patient & wait on the next wave of transfers to hit the portal after Spring ball to see if they like any better than the ones in the portal now.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With Spring classes in full swing now there likely won't be many moves for guys already in the portal who haven't made a decision yet. The staff can afford to be patient & wait on the next wave of transfers to hit the portal after Spring ball to see if they like any better than the ones in the portal now.

For better or worse we pretty much know who the starters and top subs will be this year.....so whatever we do should have 2020 impact....which pretty much means sitting out next season would be OK....as long as they are eligible for 2020.  

And JMO but not many, if any incoming frosh from the next (2020) recruiting class will play in 2020...so that big class Gus is talking about will be the guys playing in 2021 ?  or seems that way to me  :dunno:

15 hours ago, AU64 said:

so whatever we do should have 2020 impact....which pretty much means sitting out next season would be OK....as long as they are eligible for 2020.  

Then you still run into the problem of having all new starters with no live reps at Auburn.

There's no putting a dress on this pig. 

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Great point. 

why does everyone keep saying that for 2020 the starters would have no live reps at Auburn? Troxell and Brahms have already started games and will play alot, maybe even start a game or two based on injuries or performance in 2019. With the new 4 game redshirt rule Osburne, Bell and Jones could all play in four games this year and still be counted as redshirt freshman in 2020. Finally, one would certainly expect that Manning, Stutts and Irvin among others will play some in 2019 maybe even Sammons. Thats 9 guys with some to starting experience. Number would be better if 12 or so with that experience plus the guys being brought in next class but other than super thin at OT not a disaster.  It has happened that people like Sammons have turned the corner and boy we need that to happen. Otherwise Osburne has to be good, fingers crossed, and we absolutely have to find another James or Driscoll in the transfer portal this year or GT next spring.

8 minutes ago, auol72 said:

why does everyone keep saying that for 2020 the starters would have no live reps at Auburn? Troxell and Brahms have already started games and will play alot, maybe even start a game or two based on injuries or performance in 2019. With the new 4 game redshirt rule Osburne, Bell and Jones could all play in four games this year and still be counted as redshirt freshman in 2020. Finally, one would certainly expect that Manning, Stutts and Irvin among others will play some in 2019 maybe even Sammons. Thats 9 guys with some to starting experience. Number would be better if 12 or so with that experience plus the guys being brought in next class but other than super thin at OT not a disaster.  It has happened that people like Sammons have turned the corner and boy we need that to happen. Otherwise Osburne has to be good, fingers crossed, and we absolutely have to find another James or Driscoll in the transfer portal this year or GT next spring.

Touche. Gross exaggeration on my part.

Sammons is rumored to be going into the transfer portal. 

Good point about the redshirt rule.

We will still likely be going into 2020 with the least experienced OL in the SEC and, perhaps even worse, no 2 guys in consecutive positions left to right- ie a LT and LG or a C and an OG- who have ever started next to each other. In other words, it will be like 2018 but worse. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sammons is rumored to be going into the transfer portal. 

Good point about the redshirt rule.

We will still likely be going into 2020 with the least experienced OL in the SEC and, perhaps even worse, no 2 guys in consecutive positions left to right- ie a LT and LG or a C and an OG- who have ever started next to each other. In other words, it will be like 2018 but worse. 

What is Stats' 20 game rule?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What is Stats' 20 game rule?

Hah! Just found it using Google.

20 guys with 10 games worth of experience and 10 guys with 30. That's for the whole team, but OL counts for nearly 25% of the offensive and defensive positions. And we're losing 3 3-4 year starters on the DL after 2019. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Dammit! You’re one of my five favorite posters. You better not let Mikey infultrate you.

26 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

FSU OL Landon Dickerson entered the transfer portal. Yet another highly recruited player where we finished as a finalist for his services. Will Malzahn pursue?

Now that is one you gotta go after imo. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tallahassee.com/amp/2865276002

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:
3 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

FSU OL Landon Dickerson entered the transfer portal. Yet another highly recruited player where we finished as a finalist for his services. Will Malzahn pursue?

Now that is one you gotta go after imo. 

Have y'all seen the transfer rating 247 gave him? It's an 86 which is a mid level 3*. No thank you. Likely another GT OT that can't beat out Tega & Driscoll which means we don't need them riding the bench.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Have y'all seen the transfer rating 247 gave him? It's an 86 which is a mid level 3*. No thank you. Likely another GT OT that can't beat out Tega & Driscoll which means we don't need them riding the bench.

He’s got multiple years available though. His number may be affected by injuries, when healthy he’s decent.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2019/02/13/landon-dickerson-fsu-florida-state-football-report-ncaa-transfer-portal-offensive-line-taggart-ol/2865276002/

29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

That’s another issue. Do you want someone injury prone? I don’t.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:26 AM, ellitor said:

That’s another issue. Do you want someone injury prone? I don’t.

Aaaaand FSU just fired their OL coach today.  Kendall is bringing in his OL coach from Houston.  I wonder if that will keep Dickerson on the team.

There are a couple of OTs that seem like possible options. I guess we will have a better idea later on in spring. As far as interior OL, we are in good shape and do not need any there. OT is the greatest need no doubt for 2020.

Which of these do you think we need and have the best chance of landing?

WDE!! & feed a Corgi today!image.jpeg

Archived