2019 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

The new world of transfers is an opportunity for those who play the game well. It's also a minefield for those who don't.  It is wise to have a few spots on your roster for these guys. But you need to be very choosy because almost everyone (other than the graduate transfers) has issues or they wouldn't be transferring.  The opportunity to upgrade a position like offensive line (which takes forever when you have to do it with freshmen) is a game changer, though.  We were smart to hold back a few scholarships; many did not.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

But you need to be very choosy because almost everyone (other than the graduate transfers) has issues or they wouldn't be transferring.

Well and the kids wanting to move up from D2 & D3 schools as well as maybe G5s too.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

We need to bring in these guys from Illinois, they seem to be the best available in terms of undergraduate transfer talent. What is going on with that OL? They seem to be losing everyone. 

I have noticed this as well. I wonder what is going on there if it is displeasure with the coaching staff or something else. A couple of the OTs from there have good size.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well and the kids wanting to move up from D2 & D3 schools as well as maybe G5s too.

Casey Dunn & Driskoll were likely wanting to do this.  I think Driskoll will be improved for 2019 if he can stay healthy.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

Haven't heard much on the grad transfer market conversation lately.  Anything afoot?

Mostly quiet til after Spring ball & the next wave of transfers hit the portal.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Any news on grad transfers or other transfers who might be headed this way?

@War to the Eagle Look up 1 post from your post that was answered when you asked 12 days ago. No change & not expected. Other than possibly La'Michael Pettway who we have a thread on, check back after A-Day at the earliest.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

@War to the Eagle Look up 1 post from your post that was answered when you asked 12 days ago. No change & not expected. Other than possibly La'Michael Pettway who we have a thread on, check back after A-Day at the earliest.

Haha...my bad.  Don't worry, I'll probably forget and ask again in 12 days.

Sorry if I've missed any talk about Khalil Tate from Arizona. Just wondering if there's been any talk about Tate transferring to Auburn. I think it would do Bo a lot of good if he redshirted this fall However, if Malzahn starts Bo, then I'll be backing him all the way.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Sorry if I've missed any talk about Khalil Tate from Arizona. Just wondering if there's been any talk about Tate transferring to Auburn. I think it would do Bo a lot of good if he redshirted this fall However, if Malzahn starts Bo, then I'll be backing him all the way.

Do a Google search and you will find your answer. I'll help you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=khalil+tate&oq=kaliha+tate&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.21152j0j9&client=ms-android-att-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

8 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

It won't stop him from asking

16 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I thought he declared for  the draft!

Brett McMurphy

@Brett_McMurphy

Former Ohio State QB Tate Martell has been granted a hardship waiver by the NCAA & will be eligible in 2019 at Miami, source told @Stadium

College Football Free Agency is in full swing. Total BS. Fight me if you disagree. 

Just now, Tiger said:

What's wrong with hardship waivers as long as it's legit?

When theyre not legit, everything is wrong with them. What was Martell’s hardship? Compare his case to the DB that left Auburn for Tulsa because his old man came ill with cancer and was denied. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

When theyre not legit, everything is wrong with them. What was Martell’s hardship? Compare his case to the DB that left Auburn for Tulsa because his old man came ill with cancer and was denied. 

Truthfully I don't know anything about Martell's situation. Why are you deeming illegitimate? 

Just now, Tiger said:

Truthfully I don't know anything about Martell's situation. Why are you deeming illegitimate? 

Because he got his feelings hurt that Fields left for tOSU and was no longer the shoo in for the starting job. See his own tweets. That’s why he lawyered up and left. Urban leaving wasn’t tbe reason why he left and shouldn’t be tbe grounds for a hardship. 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Because he got his feelings hurt that Fields left for tOSU and was no longer the shoo in for the starting job. See his own tweets. That’s why he lawyered up and left. Urban leaving wasn’t tbe reason why he left and shouldn’t be tbe grounds for a hardship. 

So the hardship is that his coach left? And the NCAA accepted that? Is that the official reason he put on his paperwork? 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

So the hardship is that his coach left? And the NCAA accepted that? Is that the official reason he put on his paperwork? 

I think he also filed a hurt feelings report. Hope this helps.

Not trying to be rude but I don’t know what else he could claim.

With Fields granted immediately eligibility, I can't see a reason that any transfer can ever be denied a hardship waiver again

They just as well drop the hardship sham and admit that it's now free agency with no transfer year to sit out.

Archived