2019 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

Below will be a link to the 247 list of names in the transfer market. Their list will be updated when new names enter the portal. If there is confirmed AU interest then a thread can be started on an individual prospect.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

• ellitor changed the title to Place All Transfer Inquiries In This Thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out Martell’s last twitter follow. Coach Dilly Dilly! (I don’t do the whole Twitter creeping thing, but one of the AU beat writers for that website nobody likes [including me] posted that he just followed Dillingham)

I’d personally just rather get a GT QB, but I won’t complain either way. 

41 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

one of the AU beat writers for that website nobody likes [including me] posted that he just followed Dillingham)

There is no AU site that qualifies for that statement as far as I know & no AU writer except Marcello & JLee qualify for that statement either Marcello doesn't cover recruiting so who & what are you talking about?

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There is no AU site that qualifies for that statement as far as I know & no AU writer except Marcello & JLee qualify for that statement either Marcello doesn't cover recruiting so who & what are you talking about?

Tom Green with al.com

3 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Tom Green with al.com

Don’t you know the rules about al.com? You must always put a disclaimer “consider the source “ when you quote that site! LOL 

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Check out Martell’s last twitter follow. Coach Dilly Dilly! (I don’t do the whole Twitter creeping thing, but one of the AU beat writers for that website nobody likes [including me] posted that he just followed Dillingham)

He also followed Miami & WVU coaches too FWIW. It will be more telling if & when those coaches follow him back.

2 minutes ago, Roos said:

Who will be chasing Offensive lineman especially tackles? 

we need help there, asap! 

I expect us to take 1-2 transfer OL.

E - have they been identified, as I have read nothing about them? 

hopefully they have a couple in their pocket, ????

3 minutes ago, Roos said:

E - have they been identified, as I have read nothing about them? 

hopefully they have a couple in their pocket, ???? 

Publicly no. There is still 4 months in the transfer market. Meaning it could be a good while before potential targets even decide to transfer.

5 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

DD51C69D-39CD-49C7-B1FD-C7C2A17AA823.png

It looks like he’s a grad transfer. I don’t see the staff taking a grad transfer tackle with Tega coming back. Any transfer we take at tackle is likely going to be an undergrad.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

It looks like he’s a grad transfer. I don’t see the staff taking a grad transfer tackle with Tega coming back. Any transfer we take at tackle is likely going to be an undergrad.

I understand our bigger need is for 2020 and beyond. The only proven backup we have for next year is Troxell which leaves us woefully thin if we have a couple of injuries unless one of the younger players steps up. Because of our poor OT recruiting it seems every year we are putting a band aid on an open gash to just survive.

54 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I understand our bigger need is for 2020 and beyond. The only proven backup we have for next year is Troxell which leaves us woefully thin if we have a couple of injuries unless one of the younger players steps up. Because of our poor OT recruiting it seems every year we are putting a band aid on an open gash to just survive.

Still a Grad Transfer aint often going to another school to be that school's depth insurance.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

BUT WE HAVE DEPTH!

tenor.gif?itemid=13147719

Martell’s highschool films are pretty smooth. This kid has a motor. His attitude baggage is not a killer to me. Athletes, entertainers need to have an ego. Plus if anybody wants to come work for GM after the November storm I say let them come on. 

On 1/10/2019 at 9:49 PM, ellitor said:

He also followed Miami & WVU coaches too FWIW. It will be more telling if & when those coaches follow him back.

Dilly follows him.

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Dilly follows him.

Yeah but that was done while Tate was a HS recruit. No word or indication they have interacted since he decided to transfer from tOSU.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Still a Grad Transfer aint often going to another school to be that school's depth insurance.

I agree it may not have come off the way I meant but I was saying why we wouldn't take him while emphasizing how thin we are at OT

On 1/12/2019 at 10:06 AM, bigbird said:

BUT WE HAVE DEPTH!

tenor.gif?itemid=13147719

We do have OL depth when compared to the dangerously thin situation at linebacker. Six guys, including a signee, to fill three LB positions is poor depth indeed. There are 16 returning guys to fill five OL positions. 3.2 per position is greater than 2.0 per position, unless a person was educated under the new math. If a new math devotee, then all bets are off.

How many do we have in 2020?

How many will have experience in 2020?

How long does it take a HS OLineman to start at a SEC level?

How many freshman routinely make a difference on the OL?

tenor.gif?itemid=4697431

Guys. Nothing against either one of you but do you really have to do this back & forth & one antagonize the other in so many threads? Neither one of you are changing your opinions. If it must continue can we please keep it relegated to the OL Recruiting Thread or in an OL recruit's thread? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Guys. Nothing against either one of you but do you really have to do this back & forth & one antagonize the other in so many threads? Neither one of you are changing your opinions. If it must continue can we please keep it relegated to the OL Recruiting Thread or in an OL recruit's thread? Thanks!

Its definitely birds fault as always.......................

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

dead-to-me-gif-4.gif

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

dead-to-me-gif-4.gif

If it make you feel any better, I agree with you. It's just been exhausting to read.

Archived