Bama departures

AU64

Number of coaches leaving bama and players leaving early.  Will any of that seriously  affect them for next season ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming Q Williams is gone (likely top 5) and he will be hard to replace.  They could potentially lose a ton on defense.

As always with the coaches it's the chicken/egg complex relative to the talent they have to work with.  Hoping the WR's experience a drop off with Gattis leaving.

See that Jacobs going to NFL...they had plenty of depth but he was the guy they counted on when they needed some tough yards. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

See that Jacobs going to NFL...they had plenty of depth but he was the guy they counted on when they needed some tough yards. 

That report is being denied now...by Jacobs I believe.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Number of coaches leaving bama and players leaving early.  Will any of that seriously  affect them for next season ?

Hope so!

Would love it if Jacobs left. And the other RBs, too. 

rumors of Enos going to Miami on Sirius sport talk....as OC? 

18 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Maybe saban will leave...

😂🤣😂🤣

This would be the BEST news but I will take any bump in the road that comes their way. I’m sick to death of the “dynasty”🤮

They lose coaches and players every year.  It hasn't affected them too badly.  We can always hope though. I do think Enos leaving will have an affect.  As for players, Saban will just reload. 😡

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

They lose coaches and players every year.  It hasn't affected them too badly.  We can always hope though. I do think Enos leaving will have an affect.  As for players, Saban will just reload. 😡

I feel like this is a little more drastic than in years past.  Basically the entire offensive staff is hitting the bricks and the all the juniors leaving.  Seems unusually excessive. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Lupoi were reassigned and a new DC was hired.  

Saban's demeanor on the sideline made me think that he's close to retiring.  I give him two more years and he bails.  JMO

If they can survive last year when they lost both coordinators, a couple position coaches, broke in a new starting QB, and replaced the entire secondary... I'm done expecting departures to affect them at all.

3 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

If they can survive last year when they lost both coordinators, a couple position coaches, broke in a new starting QB, and replaced the entire secondary... I'm done expecting departures to affect them at all.

My thoughts as well. 

Not many teams have highly recruited 4* and 5* players waiting in the wings when their top guys leave and great coaches want to join Saban's staff as assistants as it often leads to better positions in the future.  As long as in a bad recruiting year they finish in third and others first players leaving won't be a huge issue.

33 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Well they didn't win the national championship this year and they did last year, so there's that much of an effect.  With the soft schedule they have they will win way more than they lose though.

40 minutes ago, TigerSpider said:

Saban's demeanor on the sideline made me think that he's close to retiring.

I think so too. And let him lose a few more games the way Clemson beat them down and the fans will be ready and calling for him to go.

Some coaching issue this year....maybe team was better than the coaches :dunno:  

Nothing says NS will continue to replace departing coaches with people of equal capability and coaches staying one or two years might not fit as well with players they did not recruit or a system they did not bring to the school.   That's my hope anyway....:)

48 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm mostly inclined to agree. The qualifier is because the departures seem to be accelerating, as in guys are cycling after shorter tenures every season. Might be my imagination, maybe everything is exaggerated by the beat down. We always overreact when they lose the last game of the season and predict their downfall.

BUT... it seemed before like guys would stick around for a minute before leaving. Kirby was there 7 years. These last couple years, though, it seems like almost nobody's sticking around longer than a year or two. They've survived change before because other things remained constant, but this much turnover a year after having similar turnover... I dunno... might not be the same teflon non-reaction. 

I've long argued that they have a good problem. They're attracting the top coaching talent available because it is the ultimate stepping stone job. But maybe the coaches are like the players now. Maybe they're going into it fully expecting to do one year and then level up.

It's Friday and I feel like drawing big conclusions from small data. 

1 hour ago, TigerSpider said:

I feel like this is a little more drastic than in years past.  Basically the entire offensive staff is hitting the bricks and the all the juniors leaving.  Seems unusually excessive. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Lupoi were reassigned and a new DC was hired.

Saban's demeanor on the sideline made me think that he's close to retiring.  I give him two more years and he bails.  JMO

I had the same impression.  I think he wants one more NC.  If he's denied a playoff spot next season, I could see him walking.  And if Dabo wins the NC next year as well, bama will probably toss Nick out and offer Dabo $12M/yr to take his place, anyway.

Here's my pie in the sky view....

Bammer destroyed a very pedestrian reg season schedule.  They didn't destroy thUga because they were so much better but Bowlcut's possibly showing he ain't as good a HC as he is recruiter & DC (sound familiar to anyone?).  OU didn't quietly go away into the good night, in fact take away the disastrous opening qtr and they outscored bammer by 10 points the rest of the way.  Then Yaba-Daba pulls Saban's pants down, and forces him to carry around a chair and fan claiming "that's all I need".

Maybe we're finally near the end?  Sure would be nice to see him end on a fairly ho-hum season a la Bahr...

23 hours ago, AU64 said:

Anyone surprised al.com hasn't written an article on what caused such a mass exodus of offensive coaches?

1 hour ago, creed said:

Anyone surprised al.com hasn't written an article on what caused such a mass exodus of offensive coaches?

I'm sure the focus of such an article would be that an unhappy Sith Lord Saban is cleaning house to make way for a new, stronger staff to build an even more powerful death star... 

Archived