Bama departures

AU64

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Another coach done gone

Helluva recruiter, not a good DC. There was actually a co-DC at Bama to help with the coaching deficiency on the D staff....

The best news of tbe thread is Butch Jones is now staying with the turds.

20 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Another coach done gone

Def was encouraged to take this job by Saban. Suprised though he let Enos go to Miami. He would of stayed if he made him the OC. Enos was one of the main reasons for the passing explosion this season by bama. He is a passing guru.

47 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Def was encouraged to take this job by Saban. Suprised though he let Enos go to Miami. He would of stayed if he made him the OC. Enos was one of the main reasons for the passing explosion this season by bama. He is a passing guru.

Was Dan Enos @ Arky with Bert for a while ...

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Was Dan Enos @ Arky with Bert for a while ...

Yes. Turned Brandon Allen in to a stud.

None of this surprises me. It's like Parris Island where you were under constant pressure to perform. I have always thought saban's charming personality would get the best of him eventually. and the exodus of his coaches sort of proves that point.  I will give him this, he is a great organizer but I am not sold on this mantra of "he is the greatest college coach of all time".He is a horrible game day coach. The fake punt is a prime example. He has had a lot of help that no other coaches get, at least not to my knowledge ,ie The REC, cars, moving families, jobs for family and girl friends etc. It will be very interesting how this all turns out. 

WDE!!!

33 minutes ago, Slammer1 said:

None of this surprises me. It's like Parris Island where you were under constant pressure to perform. I have always thought saban's charming personality would get the best of him eventually. and the exodus of his coaches sort of proves that point.  I will give him this, he is a great organizer but I am not sold on this mantra of "he is the greatest college coach of all time".He is a horrible game day coach. The fake punt is a prime example. He has had a lot of help that no other coaches get, at least not to my knowledge ,ie The REC, cars, moving families, jobs for family and girl friends etc. It will be very interesting how this all turns out. 

WDE!!!

Even bear said “you’re only as good as who you surround yourself with.” In that mindset, he’s a good organizer and game day coach. Is he a jack of all trades Superman? No. But more often than not he’s done plenty to surround himself with quality coaches and players and that translates to success.

Saban clearly has had some gaffes with the fake punt and the kick six, but it seems y’all forget the good coaching as well. In the first NC game against Clemson he called a critical onside kick and it worked. Last year against Georgia in another NC game he took out a struggling 26-2 starter at halftime and put in a TF in the NC game. Clearly a gutsy move. 

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Even bear said “you’re only as good as who you surround yourself with.” In that mindset, he’s a good organizer and game day coach. Is he a jack of all trades Superman? No. But more often than not he’s done plenty to surround himself with quality coaches and players and that translates to success.

Saban clearly has had some gaffes with the fake punt and the kick six, but it seems y’all forget the good coaching as well. In the first NC game against Clemson he called a critical onside kick and it worked. Last year against Georgia in another NC game he took out a struggling 26-2 starter at halftime and put in a TF in the NC game. Clearly a gutsy move. 

Very true, he's not a horrible game day coach, but he's not elite either.  For every brain fart he's had, he's turned in some brilliant plays too.  I won't ever forget their first match up with Clemson in the CFP when Saban/Kiffin wore CU out with that TE OJ Howard.  That was brilliant scheming & the onside kick is what won the hardware.  Having the balls to pull your QB in that NC game in the 2nd half was great game day coaching.

What I find odd, is that sure he surrounds himself with top talent, but some of those coaches he brought in I'd personally never heard of....Gattis, Locksley, Petitbon, Key?  I'm not familiar with the in's/out's of the coaching ranks and the constant revolving door but did anyone ever hear of those guys?  I knew Enos from his Arky days, and Lupoi because of his USC/UAT days & his recruiting prowess.  

Just saw where the turds hired the former Rutgers HC who had been in a show cause for lack of oversight.  The show cause ended in September and he was Sark's OL coach at ATL.  Another Saban rehab job.

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Saban getting desperate for coaches.

\

Word travels fast...

Image result for bad bosses

3 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Thankfully Auburn did not hire Kelly. 

😂😂😂 Auburn fans love to say that. Little brother syndrome is alive and well.

BTW. I love Kevin Steele. 

A word of advice... Next time a successful. Coach turns us down, let's look internal vs look to the river in Egypt.

Please put me on the board. .. I'll run that biotch like a steamship.

• 5 weeks later...

Applewhite back to bama. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26034951/ex-houston-coach-major-applewhite-analyst-alabama

Can Gus go serve under Saban for a year?? Learn the ropes to getting back on the horse. Really! 

The question is: Is the quality of Saban's staff declining over time?

Last year, before the CFP NCG, the stats suggested the 2018 Alabama team was the best college football team of the modern era, and perhaps ever.

247 ranks Bama's 2019 signing class as #1.

Archived