Bama departures

AU64

11 hours ago, AURealist said:

I'm sure the focus of such an article would be that an unhappy Sith Lord Saban is cleaning house to make way for a new, stronger staff to build an even more powerful death star... 

Because one mass exodus "doesn't define you."

Image result for jump ship meme

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they’ve had two more to declare for the draft. One is the kid who got “injured” when the Clemson player faked him out of his jock. He had to be helped off the field but was miraculously better before the game was over.

24 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Looks like they’ve had two more to declare for the draft. One is the kid who got “injured” when the Clemson player faked him out of his jock. He had to be helped off the field but was miraculously better before the game was over.

Yeah.  Ego injuries are like that.  Could hurt his draft potential if it happened again.  :laugh:

AUsince72's reference to The Jerk did not go unnoticed!!!  Best movie of all time!!!!

At some point (I hope & wish), UAT's  wheels will fall off for no particular reason and a huge dose of humility will be served.

I feel like Saban has been hiring “recruiting” coaches and his attempt to balance that is hiring these “off the field” coaches (who really are on the field). Their talent level never drops but their team, especially on defense, looked very unprepared in the playoffs this year. If Oklahoma doesn’t come into that semifinal game as tight as they did, they could have worn Alabama out by the 2nd half 

10 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Yeah, actually two pretty big DB losses, Deontay Thompson and Saivion Smith.  

50 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

I feel like Saban has been hiring “recruiting” coaches and his attempt to balance that is hiring these “off the field” coaches (who really are on the field). Their talent level never drops but their team, especially on defense, looked very unprepared in the playoffs this year. If Oklahoma doesn’t come into that semifinal game as tight as they did, they could have worn Alabama out by the 2nd half 

Agree...my recollection is that bama was just hanging on by the end of the game...and that despite the poor Okie defense...

Mac Wilson declared today. He’s rated the number 3 ILB but don’t think many Bama fans will miss him too much. 

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Mac Wilson declared today. He’s rated the number 3 ILB but don’t think many Bama fans will miss him too much. 

Mac looked lost out several times.  No defense is worth much when the ILB is lost.

Just now, keesler said:

Mac looked lost out several times.  No defense is worth much when the ILB is lost.

Sure did. 

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

JMO but no matter that, losing the experience ….and the potential for next year is still an issue to be dealt with.  Hope some of our guys who looked lost at times last year are better....have to think not about "what was"...but about  "what can be".  

So I'm happy to see the guy gone and hope he does well. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but no matter that, losing the experience ….and the potential for next year is still an issue to be dealt with.  Hope some of our guys who looked lost at times last year are better....have to think not about "what was"...but about  "what can be".  

So I'm happy to see the guy gone and hope he does well. 

Amen Brother!

See that Wilson is projected as a first round draft choice...…….who would have guessed? 

It's interesting because he's a fantastic coverage LB, but he's not a thumper like they've had in the past. Wide berth between Wilson and a guy like Foster. But it's possible he fits the mold of an NFL LB better. Sign of the times and all that.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I’m thinking the 49’ers steer clear for some reason. Just a guess. 

showed him with Rams....but who knows.....always some team that will roll the dice on a guy who seems to have the measurables even if there are questions.

A reserve offensive lineman, Ritchie Pettibon, that was once highly regarded out of HS is grad transferring to Illinois. 

An excerpt:

That makes five offensive linemen that will not be back next season. Alabama lost Ross Pierschbacher, Lester Cotton and Joshua Casher to graduation and Jonah Williams to the NFL Draft. There is also uncertainty surrounding Deonte Brown and Elliot Baker, who were both suspended during the Crimson Tide's two College Football Playoff games for violating NCAA rules.

JMO but the revolving door of the bama coaching staff is taking a toll...OL coach leaves and players too...😁

Sounds like little nicky is becoming a little unraveled:

“I had just left a meeting with Nick Saban,” Gattis said on Jim Harbaugh’s Attack Each Day podcast, “getting my butt chewed out for about 20 minutes telling him I was leaving...It didn’t go over well.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maizenbrew.com/platform/amp/football/2019/1/15/18183908/josh-gattis-chewed-out-by-nick-saban-before-leaving-alabama-jim-harbaugh-attack-each-day-podcast

On 1/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, PigskinPat said:

That is referred to as "Loser's Limp".  Get beat, get dunked on, etc. pull up with an injury to explain it.

Alabama coaching departures have Nick Saban seeking answers

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama's annual game of musical chairs took place again on Friday morning, when a row of empty, leather-bound seats were filled by standouts Quinnen Williams, Jonah Williams and Josh Jacobs as they prepared to announce they would be leaving school early to enter the NFL draft. Right as the trio made their decisions public, Irv Smith Jr. wrote on Twitter that he, too, would be opting to turn pro rather than return for his senior season.

But beyond those chairs containing the departing stars of the Alabama offense and defense, beyond the walls of the Naylor Stone Media Suite and down the hallway behind it, was where the real action was taking place. Because if Nick Saban bothered to open any of the doors to his assistant coaches' offices that day, he would have seen a lot of empty desks and a lot of unanswered questions staring back at him....

Players leaving early for the NFL is nothing new. In fact, it's sort of a badge of honor for a program with more than its fair share of the country's top talent. But the mass exodus of assistant coaches that began almost immediately after Alabama's loss to Clemson in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game was different..."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25755578/alabama-coaching-departures-nick-saban-seeking-answers

"ROLL TIDE ROLL!!"  :AUBig::zapbama: :yay:

Image result for exodus gifs

Ehh, Saban replaced 6-8 coaches on his staff last year after winning the NC in '17 and they still turned in a 14-1 season in '18.  Looks like he'll have to revamp most of his staff again this year. 

Are most of the departures leaving for an advancement in their career, or just lateral moves?

Several laterals...which caught my eye, but not too intensely. 😎

Archived