January 11-13 Visitors Thread

ellitor

Auburn expected to host 5 official visitors this weekend, including NC State RB commit

The dead period is over, which means recruiting season is about to ramp up again as February’s National Signing Day rapidly approached.

As Auburn gears up to try to shore up its 2019 recruiting class, which currently ranks 12th nationally according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, the Tigers are set to host five official visitors on the Plains this weekend, including one former Auburn commit, a four-star ACC commit and a trio of uncommitted three-star prospects, according to the 247Sports official visitor database.

The biggest of those visitors is four-star running back Jamious Griffin, who is committed to NC State. Griffin is rated as the nation’s No. 21 running back prospect and the 345th overall recruit in the 2019 class. The 5-foot-10, 205-pounder out of Rome, Ga., is the No. 40 prospect in his state, and he has been committed to the Wolfpack since May. As a senior at Rome, he rushed for 2,662 yards and 37 touchdowns, finishing his career with 5,381 yards rushing and 90 touchdowns on the ground.

Auburn currently has one running back signed to the 2019 class -- three-star prospect DJ Williams, who signed last month and enrolled in classes this week -- but is likely to try to add one more before National Signing Day.

The Tigers are also set to host one-time commit Jamond Gordon, a 6-4, 268-pound defensive end out of Meridian, Miss. Gordon, a three-star prospect who rated as the No. 35 strongside end in the class, decommitted from Auburn the day before the start of last month’s early signing period. His decision is expected to come down to the Tigers and Ole Miss, which is scheduled to host him on an official visit next weekend.

Auburn is also expected to host three-star offensive lineman Kamaar Bell, out of Georgia’s Colquitt County. Bell, the No. 33 offensive guard in the country, is one of the Tigers' top remaining targets along the offensive line. Three-star safety Jammie Robinson and three-star linebacker Octavius Brothers are also scheduled to take their official visits this weekend. Robinson is the No. 31 safety in the class and is considering South Carolina and Kentucky, among others, while Brothers is the No. 140 outside linebacker in the nation and is also taking visits to Georgia Tech and Ole Miss this month.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 3

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Sounds like a great group of future Tigers!

My guess is 2 are future tigers.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My guess is 2 are future tigers.

Bell and Brothers are probably the two we want the most in this group and I am assuming those are the the two you are talking about. Any chance either verbally commits this weekend?

Was Gordon’s decommit on Him or mutual (as I saw on here)? Seems we’re mending fences a little bit by him being on an official, or maybe already scheduled. I’m hoping for Bell and a linebacker at least out of the group!

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Bell and Brothers are probably the two we want the most in this group and I am assuming those are the the two you are talking about. Any chance either verbally commits this weekend?

Griffin is also one it looks like we have a real shot with. I thought it was Griffin and Brothers. Would really like Bell though

I believe we only want one more DL and Moore and Cox are higher on out board than Gordon so assuming we get one of them I believe the ship has sailed for Gordon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Griffin is also one it looks like we have a real shot with. I thought it was Griffin and Brothers. Would really like Bell though

I think I have read that we want MAR or Griffin and that we are leaning towards MAR.

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

There’s always a chance but both have more visits lined up after this week. The staff also apparently wants Jammie Robinson pretty bad. It will be interesting to see if we can catch up to and pass Carolina and Kentucky.

27 minutes ago, toddc said:

Was Gordon’s decommit on Him or mutual (as I saw on here)? Seems we’re mending fences a little bit by him being on an official, or maybe already scheduled. I’m hoping for Bell and a linebacker at least out of the group!

It was mutual with Gordon. The staff still wants at least one more DL in the class and while things look good with Charles Moore it’s not near a given so the OV is a chance to cover bases. We still also have LaDarius Cox coming in next week for a visit And still only have one projected at DT in the class right now.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Griffin is more of a wild card. Not sure the staff will take three running back‘s yet. Also remember MAR is higher on the board and we lead for him now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There’s always a chance but both have more visits lined up after this week. The staff also apparently wants Jammie Robinson pretty bad. It will be interesting to see if we can catch up to and pass Carolina and Kentucky.

With our secondary class, what's the renewed interest in Robinson?  Is it that we now project Sheffield as a WR?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

With our secondary class, what's the renewed interest in Robinson?  Is it that we now project Sheffield as a WR?

Same thing I was wondering. Our secondary class is too notch. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

With our secondary class, what's the renewed interest in Robinson? Is it that we now project Sheffield as a WR?

Not sure that it's renewed. But if it is that could be why. Also I thought you might want another Nickel/Safety since 3 of the 4 committed are expected to begin their AU careers as CB even though 1 or 2 of the 3 can play Safety & the Minnesota Safety transfer Kendarian Handy-Holly either never enrolled or already left without ever going on scholly.

Edited by ellitor

57 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Cox are higher on out board than Gordon

Not sure about that.

58 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I believe the ship has sailed for Gordon.

Maybe.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure that it's renewed. But if it is that could be why. Also I thought you might want another Nickel/Safety since 3 of the 4 committed are expected to begin their AU careers as CB even though 1 or 2 of the 3 can play Safety & the Minnesota Safety transfer Kendarian Handy-Holly either never enrolled or already left without ever going on scholly.

Who is projected where in this class? S/Corner

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Who is projected where in this class? S/Corner

Last I saw which has been a good while is Pritchett at Safety, the rest at CB.

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Last I saw which has been a good while is Pritchett at Safety, the rest at CB.

I could see Zion playing Safety, but in all honesty we've got our safeties for the next 2-3 years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I could see Zion playing Safety, but in all honesty we've got our safeties for the next 2-3 years.

Bird has his secondary, now we need to get Mikey his lbs!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

but in all honesty we've got our safeties for the next 2-3 years.

Do we have depth behind them? Honest question.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Do we have depth behind them? Honest question.

Less than LB but all 4 have proven able to play at an SEC level. After next year we will have Smoke and Sherwood and whomever we bring in this and next year's class. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

Any word on how the visits have gone and if we still lead. Heard that Moore seems to be leaning to Fla after his visit does that mean we push for Gordon.