January 11-13 Visitors Thread

ellitor

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Any word on how the visits have gone and if we still lead

Lead for who?

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

does that mean we push for Gordon.

Not necessarily. He has academic concerns.

Auburn makes impression on N.C. State RB commit

Gnfwvqbzpgzhnzf5p3pp

Jeffrey Lee/AuburnSports.com

AUBURN | Rome (Ga.) running back Jamious Griffin has been committed to N.C. State since May, but the four-star recruit hasn’t ended his recruitment.

Griffin, the No. 22 running back in the 2019 class, was in Auburn this weekend on an official visit.

“I liked the family atmosphere,” Griffin said. “I liked the players. It was a great experience. I’m glad I came.”

Griffin arrived in Auburn on Friday and stayed until Sunday. Several family members were with him on the visit. He spent a lot of time with coach Gus Malzahn and offensive coordinator Kenny Gillingham.

“They said they want me,” Griffin said. “And I think I fit in good. They are a running team and a lot of options for me.”

Griffin said Auburn impressed him, but not enough to change his commitment. At least not yet.

“It’s still the same,” Griffin said. “But Auburn stands up there with N.C. State. I like the family atmosphere. That really caught my attention.”

Griffin plans to announce a final decision “close to Signing Day.”

Auburn, Georgia Tech and Miami are N.C. State’s three biggest challengers. Griffin already has visited N.C. State, Georgia Tech and Auburn, and will visit Miami “in two weeks.”

• Like 1

Auburn has 'huge' lead for Kamaar Bell

Stdeyvhxveh1a4hmdsvz

Jeffrey Lee/AuburnSports.com

AUBURN | Colquitt County (Ga.) offensive lineman Kamaar Bell visited Auburn this weekend and left with the Tigers on top.

“Auburn is No. 1,” Bell said.

And it isn’t close.

“(Auburn’s lead) is huge,” Bell said. “It’s huge right now. Very big. It’s really starting to feel like home.”

Bell and several family members arrived in Auburn on Friday and left Sunday afternoon. The visit is what propelled the Tigers to the top.

“I really had a good time,” Bell said. “It was great. I got to meet a lot of the players. I went to the dorms, chilled with the players, met a lot of people I didn’t know and that’s good to meet new people.”

Bell, who was hosted on his visit by Brodarious Hamm, spent a lot of time meeting with coach Gus Malzahn, offensive coordinator Kenny Gillingham and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes.

“Coach Grimes, I like his attitude, his demeanor,” Bell said. “He’s always going to be fair to me, always go to be truthful to me. I can trust a coach like that.”

Bell, who is being recruiting by Auburn to play center, believes he will have the opportunity to play early.

“That’s big,” Bell said. “I think I can come in and compete for a starting position as a freshman.”

Bell plans to announce his decision on Signing Day. Although he has Auburn atop his list of favorites, he still has two visits left to take. He’ll visit Louisville Wednesday-Friday and Florida State Jan. 25-27. He’s also considering Miami.

Still, it will be tough for any school to overcome Auburn.

“With Auburn, it’s family here and I like that,” Bell said. “I’d like to join a family quickly and be apart of everything.”

• Like 1

Auburn inches ahead of Miami for Florida linebacker after official

Fc2a82qpuhfiogjkysgy

Octavius Brothers officially visited Auburn over the weekend.
Ben Wolk/AuburnSports.com

AUBURN — Perhaps no prospect has risen up Auburn's recruiting board as fast as Octavius Brothers.

The 6-foot-2, 228-pound linebacker (as he officially weighed in at Auburn) took an official visit to the Plains over the weekend. Brothers has quickly become one of linebacker coach Travis Williams' top targets.

Much like Brothers has risen up in the mind of Auburn, the Tigers have done the same for Brothers.

"Auburn's definitely the top team for me," Brothers said. "It's going to be hard to top this."

The other teams to watch: Miami and Georgia Tech.

Prior to the Auburn visit, Miami has been considered the team to beat for the Rockledge, Fla., linebacker. He will take his final official visit to the Hurricanes on Feb. 2. Georgia Tech is a relatively new emergence, and the Yellow Jackets will host Brothers on an official visit Jan. 25 weekend.

Miami files in behind Auburn right now. Georgia Tech's legitimacy in Brothers' recruitment will depend on that official visit.

"Miami is going to have to show me something different that Auburn hasn't," Brothers said. "I haven't taken a visit to Georgia Tech yet, so Georgia Tech probably has a chance to get up there."

Brothers said he wasn't all that surprised Auburn has risen to the top.

The linebacker's conversations with Williams the last few months indicated to him he would really like Auburn. His official visit to the Plains only validated that to him and his parents.

"Coach T-Will, he just showed me a lot of things that he was more like a father figure as a coach," Brothers said. "I've talked to a lot of the players about him. They all have great things to say about him and say he's going to take care of me if I come here. He's going to get me where I need to be. ... My mom and dad both found everything very interesting. They really loved it. They both loved the campus."

Brothers will announce his decision on National Signing Day on Feb. 6.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

offensive coordinator Kenny Gillingham

Have we already replaced dilly dilly with this guy? You would think an Auburn reporter could get the names right.:angry:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

@ellitor, did I see we had a surprise visit this weekend?

A five star OL but he’s a 2020 kid and the post is in the 2020 recruiting thread.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

All those dudes look too nice to play football.

I though Brothers' pic & 1 of Robinson's had a "you don't wanna try me" vibe to them.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Griffin will be a stud.... really hope we get him over MAR

10 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Will gladly take MAR over Griffin

Will gladly take either.

• Like 1

I hope MAR is great because my gut tells me we ain't getting Griffin. Think he sticks with NC St. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I hope MAR is great because my gut tells me we ain't getting Griffin. Think he sticks with NC St. 

I would pull for him either way, but it would be very impressive of Griffin to stick there. I know the high school sweetheart he married is adequately attractive but he's getting approached by some supermodels. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I would pull for him either way, but it would be very impressive of Griffin to stick there. I know the high school sweetheart he married is adequately attractive but he's getting approached by some supermodels. 

What? He's married, didn't know that, then there is no way he comes here.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Look at the purdy lookin supermodel...

boom.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kd4au said:

What? He's married, didn't know that, then there is no way he comes here.

What's extra funny is that he actually likened the strength of his commitment specifically to a diamond. 

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Look at the purdy lookin supermodel...

boom.gif

Bro, this is a family site!

Image result for fanning self gif

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yah BUT we are the supermodel BEFORE she became a supermodel and knew her whole worth. Right now we are working at a diner in a small town and all of the regulars are really protective of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah BUT we are the supermodel BEFORE she became a supermodel and knew her whole worth. Right now we are working at a diner in a small town and all of the regulars are really protective of us.

I don't like how dangerously close we are to being associated with the smell of hashbrowns. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't like how dangerously close we are to being associated with the smell of hashbrowns. 

scattered, smothered, covered...

• Haha 2