tigeraddikt

Patient Purifoy Pissed

Recommended Posts

Does anybody think there are some punitive undercurrents to Bruce's handling of Purifoy's return? He started the year by NOT starting Wiley, although that just lasted a few games. And now, once Purifoy's eligibility kicks in, he's not playing him. So Purifoy blows up on Instagram after not playing at OM. I don't blame him. Wonder how that will play out. If Bruce was punishing him before, I wonder how many minutes he'll get now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




3 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Does anybody think there are some punitive undercurrents to Bruce's handling of Purifoy's return? He started the year by NOT starting Wiley, although that just lasted a few games. And now, once Purifoy's eligibility kicks in, he's not playing him. So Purifoy blows up on Instagram after not playing at OM. I don't blame him. Wonder how that will play out. If Bruce was punishing him before, I wonder how many minutes he'll get now. 

Just saw that.....and wondering how BP handles a public complaint like that.   Guess it's not crossed DPs mind that he's not earned the playing time though I did expect to see him in the OM game...but looking at the box score afterward, BP probably did less subbing in that game than any to date.    DP's in the dog house ...and this kind of stuff is probably not the best way out of it.

Tomorrow......how much do we see DP?    Does he get rewarded for bit****** about his status....or not?  .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not seen anything in his very few minutes to prove he has earned PT.  no rumors here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there's more to DP's absence than "he's working his way back".

And his Instagram comments won't help him.

Edited by KolchakAU85
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His play has been less than stellar since his return.  On the flip side, he probably wouldn't have been any worse than the rest of the team vs OM.   :puke:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I have not seen anything in his very few minutes to prove he has earned PT.  no rumors here

Sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Didn’t see his IG comments- can’t find them because it looks like he deleted social media. Any insight? 

DP's IG comment as quoted in a story on AL.com:

“[Expletive] this. Way better than I’m getting treated.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh. Missed that. Saw Bruce’s interview before the ole miss game where he praised Danjel’s new maturity and patience but I guess that was just Bruce trying to be nice. Danjel needs to take some of Horace’s minutes though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Huh. Missed that. Saw Bruce’s interview before the ole miss game where he praised Danjel’s new maturity and patience but I guess that was just Bruce trying to be nice. Danjel needs to take some of Horace’s minutes though.

There's a story over on AL.com that was written after the game, in which BP directly addresses DP's IG comment.  He said that he understand's DP's frustration, but he's currently 3rd string at both the 3 and 4, and will have to be patient and stay ready.  He reiterated several times that DP would get his chance this season, eventually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"eventually"...bet that was not a satisfying answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, If you just look at DP as he is now....

He's overweight to me.

He doesn't play good D.

He's a streaky shooter that hasn't shown even in the little minutes he has played that his shot is there.

He is behind some really good players that, I assume he hasn't shown even in practice that he has overtaken their spot, yet.

It is a tough situation. Do you play him more, even though he mostly will be a liability? Pearl is saying no for now. If it was 3 years ago or before, he would have been thrust in there and HAD to play.

Purifoy put himself in this position...unfortunately for him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Well, If you just look at DP as he is now....

He's overweight to me.

He doesn't play good D.

He's a streaky shooter that hasn't shown even in the little minutes he has played that his shot is there.

He is behind some really good players that, I assume he hasn't shown even in practice that he has overtaken their spot, yet.

It is a tough situation. Do you play him more, even though he mostly will be a liability? Pearl is saying no for now. If it was 3 years ago or before, he would have been thrust in there and HAD to play.

Purifoy put himself in this position...unfortunately for him...

Probably all that is true …and I hate to see a guy waste unique God-given talent this way.  

He probably should have just taken off to Latvia or somewhere to play basketball when the stuff hit the fan a couple years ago.  ...apparently spent more than a year doing nothing to advance his career opportunities.  

😕   If any young athlete ever needed a mentor, it is DP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we were recruiting DP, there were reasons to have some reservations. @AU64 and I were the only two that seemed concerned at the time. I'm not going to drag all that back up now, but to date we've gotten very little back in return for his scholarship.

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on DP’s play so far, I haven’t seen anything that justifies ANY playing time for him, much less more playing time. 

For several games now I have had a nagging thought that something  is out of sorts with this team.  Is it possible that there is turmoil in the locker room?  If yes, what could be causing it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

When we were recruiting DP, there were reasons to have some reservations. @AU64 and I were the only two that seemed concerned at the time. I'm not going to drag all that back up now, but to date we've gotten very little back in return for his scholarship.

True...but sometimes you just roll the dice and see what comes up.    I had my doubts but considering where we were in recruiting at that time, he was a risky t choice but probably a risk worth taking.   I'm OK with the effort to get him, just had doubts about what would result. 

If Chuck P had not gotten involved, he may have done OK....just another life CP and his greed brought down.😡

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since he came back most you on this thread went directly to slamming him, while at the same time getting upset of any criticism to other players. Seems like the only people that can really get checked on this team is DP and Wiley when in actuality nobody on the team has really been solid.

I would say this on the football board but it holds true to all team sports really if you want to see a player get upset quickly it's not just playing time, it's lack of playing time when people that are playing aren't as good as you. I'm surprised Dunbar isn't upset yet either. You outplay people in practice it's hard to watch them play during the game. To be blunt the people getting all the minutes haven't shown they deserve them

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Well, If you just look at DP as he is now....

He's overweight to me.

He doesn't play good D.

He's a streaky shooter that hasn't shown even in the little minutes he has played that his shot is there.

He is behind some really good players that, I assume he hasn't shown even in practice that he has overtaken their spot, yet.

It is a tough situation. Do you play him more, even though he mostly will be a liability? Pearl is saying no for now. If it was 3 years ago or before, he would have been thrust in there and HAD to play.

Purifoy put himself in this position...unfortunately for him...

Nobody besides chumma has played good D this year on the perimeter. He's not playing behind really good players. The players in front of him suffer from this exact same negatives in their game as you described to him. Pretty much everybody on the team actually

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cole256 said:

To be blunt the people getting all the minutes haven't shown they deserve them

i am anticipating a lineup change today with dunbar getting the start over doughty...as far as purifoy, he has no excuse for showing up out of shape....if you have to be pushed,poked and prodded to better yourself, thats called lazy.....if you have to earn something and you are too lazy to work for it,then you don't deserve it.....not just in basketball minutes eiether,that goes for the entitlement society of today,also

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

..as far as purifoy, he has no excuse for showing up out of shape....if you have to be pushed,poked and prodded to better yourself, thats called lazy.....

Guess I'm not going to be  that hard on him....from what I recall all the way back to his HS days he's bounced around and apparently not had good role models or guidance.  I complain about mentors taking over the lives of talented young athletes but DP sure needed someone to ride herd on him and guide his life.    

BP and AU do not owe him more than he warrants by his effort .    JMO he's in the process of screwing up his life again...not taking responsibility.   Won't be too surprised to see that he has left the team in the weeks to come.  Just a matter of when BP decides he's spending too much time on DJ and not enough on the rest of the team.  Sorry to say this but BP and  AU seem to have some issues and DJ is not gonna be the solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Nobody besides chumma has played good D this year on the perimeter. He's not playing behind really good players. The players in front of him suffer from this exact same negatives in their game as you described to him. Pretty much everybody on the team actually

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. I rather throw out an out of shape Daniel at this point than some of these guys, just to see something different 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

We’re playing poor basketball since his return.

We were actually playing it before but we were playing cupcakes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.