Patient Purifoy Pissed

tigeraddikt

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He posted on Facebook: smdh it’s cool though 

17 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Yep. Still whining on Facebook. Saying he wants to leave. 

21 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Yep. Still whining on Facebook. Saying he wants to leave. 

I just don't see where he fits on this team. Apparently Coach Pearl doesn't either.

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Maybe if he would shut up after a game, BP would let him play. He is not learning his lesson it appears.

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Maybe if he would shut up after a game, BP would let him play. He is not learning his lesson it appears.

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten back to BP. Maybe it has..who knows. But i don't see how this helps his case at all. Running to social media after every game whining like a child. I get he wants to play and feels he can make a difference but talk to BP and go grind in practice to show he should get minutes because he's working hard and being a team guy. 

I'm not sure if he thinks he would be some all-world player this year. He may be feeling the pressure b/c he has a kid on the way. Either way...his options seem limited if he wants to leave. 

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd just tell him for each social media complaint he sits one game. He'd stop PDQ, IMO

I honestly think that's what's happening, just maybe without BP telling him. BP trying to see if he would catch on and learn from it without telling him what to do, the way a father would do to his son. IMO

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I honestly think that's what's happening, just maybe without BP telling him. BP trying to see if he would catch on and learn from it without telling him what to do, the way a father would do to his son. IMO

I would hope that Bruce would've explained his reasoning behind not playing. Otherwise, DP is just living in a state of uncertainty that certainly will mind f someone.

7 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Do you have a screenshot of it?  I'm not friends with him on Facebook.

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Do you have a screenshot of it?  I'm not friends with him on Facebook.

Are you friends with him off of Facebook? 😁

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Are you friends with him off of Facebook? 😁

What adult is out there "friending" football and basketball players?  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Teenage girls, yeah but football and basketball players? A guy has to draw the line somewhere! :)

41 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I have friends and family that are football and basketball players ✋🏾

These kind of stories with all the drama from the player usually have a predictable outcome.  The trail is littered with guys who had the physical talent to be very successful, but threw away their opportunity.  I wonder when BP is going to say enough is enough. 

I do not get to see our guys play in person very much living in NC, but I went to the NCSU game. I was surprised by how heavy Purifoy looked in person (my seats were the closest non-student section seats possible). No. Not fat like some of the reports were saying prior to the season. But wayyy thicker than video of him as a freshman suggests. I also made sure to watch him several times as he moved up and down the court, he just did not seem as light on his feet as before. It almost was like he was wearing ankle weights or he was running on his heels or something.

There was a play during the Coastal Carolina game as a freshman where he put this incredibly quick move on a defender then splashed a jumper. Now he just looks like a guy who hadn't played in a real game in years. If he wants to get back to his old self he probably is going to need an entire off-season working with the team and getting back into gear. I think this far along in the season it's probably a lost cause. I know he needs to "stay ready" but I have my doubts on whether or not he's ready to even begin with.

That being said, this social media stuff is the exact opposite of how you want to handle something like this. Airing this out to complete and total strangers is maybe the worst way to go about it as I see it. But I also know and remember a pre-social media world. These kids have no concept of that.

Edit: What is the reason he had to sit out 30% of this year's games? What did he do that Wiley didn't? If he's eligible all debts must have been paid back, no? What the hell was the reason they tacked on an additional 9 games?

42 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I do not get to see our guys play in person very much living in NC, but I went to the NCSU game. I was surprised by how heavy Purifoy looked in person (my seats were the closest non-student section seats possible). No. Not fat like some of the reports were saying prior to the season. But wayyy thicker than video of him as a freshman suggests. I also made sure to watch him several times as he moved up and down the court, he just did not seem as light on his feet as before. It almost was like he was wearing ankle weights or he was running on his heels or something.

There was a play during the Coastal Carolina game as a freshman where he put this incredibly quick move on a defender then splashed a jumper. Now he just looks like a guy who hadn't played in a real game in years. If he wants to get back to his old self he probably is going to need an entire off-season working with the team and getting back into gear. I think this far along in the season it's probably a lost cause. I know he needs to "stay ready" but I have my doubts on whether or not he's ready to even begin with.

That being said, this social media stuff is the exact opposite of how you want to handle something like this. Airing this out to complete and total strangers is maybe the worst way to go about it as I see it. But I also know and remember a pre-social media world. These kids have no concept of that.

Edit: What is the reason he had to sit out 30% of this year's games? What did he do that Wiley didn't? If he's eligible all debts must have been paid back, no? What the hell was the reason they tacked on an additional 9 games?

Purifoy actually participated in the money deals, whereas Wiley's parent(s) were the only one to be involved in their part of the money deals.

So Purifoy was given more punishment than WIley (the 9 games added to Purifoy's year suspension).

10 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten back to BP. Maybe it has..who knows. But i don't see how this helps his case at all. Running to social media after every game whining like a child. I get he wants to play and feels he can make a difference but talk to BP and go grind in practice to show he should get minutes because he's working hard and being a team guy. 

I'm not sure if he thinks he would be some all-world player this year. He may be feeling the pressure b/c he has a kid on the way. Either way...his options seem limited if he wants to leave. 

trust me. Pearl has someone on his staff following these players on social media to keep up with them. Coaches now adays have to be ahead of the curve with these players who like to air out their feelings through tweets and posts on social media outlets.

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Purifoy actually participated in the money deals, whereas Wiley's parent(s) were the only one to be involved in their part of the money deals.

So Purifoy was given more punishment than WIley (the 9 games added to Purifoy's year suspension).

Damn. Thank you for that info. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I am friends with a bunch of current and former players just because I knew them when I went to Auburn (2013 graduate)

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I’m friends with him only because he requested it. 🙄😂

All that sounds good but JMO, tracking young athletes and reporting their comments is something I can't understand....though I guess the kids don't care or they would not be posting dumb stuff for the world to read or for "friends" to share with complete strangers. 

13 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten back to BP. Maybe it has..who knows.

It has and CBP addressed it: 

“I think for the first time, he demonstrated some frustration after the game,” Auburn coach Bruce Pearl said. “I would still say that even given that, he's been patient. Here's the situation, it's really simple: He's behind Samir Doughty and Malik Dunbar at the 3. He's behind Chuma Okeke and Horace Spencer at the 4. That's just the situation he finds himself in. My heart aches for him that, you know, when he was with us two years ago, when he went down injured, he was our best player. And then he's had to sit out 21 months.

“There is still a place for him. I've done this for a long time — he's going to get his opportunity. He has to stay ready. At the same time, it's not fair to any of those other four players that I mentioned to elevate Danjel ahead of him, because when it comes to work and preparation and things like that, he hasn't exceeded their efforts. He's right there with them, and they've been here. He just needs to stay patient, because he's going to get his opportunity.

“I think it's a great lesson for life. We all want it right away. And even sometimes when it gets taken from us, we want it back real quickly. Again, I compliment him on his patience — but only if he remains patient. I mean, I spent 14 years as an assistant coach, I spent nine years in Division II, I spent four years in mid-major — I didn't get to Tennessee until I was 45. It took me a long time. But I had to be patient. I had to work and grind. And Danjel's put in the work. He's put in the grind. But he's got to stay patient.”

Auburn Undercover

Archived