Patient Purifoy Pissed

tigeraddikt

On 1/17/2019 at 7:43 PM, gr82be said:

He doesn't get it. DP's actions last year put the Auburn basketball program in jeopardy. It was selfish and he knew better. Bruce could possibly have lost his job over this and therefore the rest of the coaching staff too. He let his team down. His coming in reportedly out of shape didn't help his case to play. Now he has taken to social media with his complaints about not playing. He needs to learn that his actions have consequences. He is still letting his team down. They will be successful without him on the court. They might be more successful with him but the world may never know and he only has to look in the mirror to know who is responsible. 

DP's actions off the court make him appear selfish JMO.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look the reason for the Probation was legitimate.  As to his losing his cool and complaining about PT on social media try and put yourself in his shoes. He could have easily transferred and there would have been a lot of teams that would have wanted him. He has been snake bitten from the beginning first held out a year, the finally able to play and looking really good then the injury. He comes back but obviously not completely healed.  Then the suspension yet he still decided to be mature stick with the team and practice.

That is a lot to deal with at any age but even harder when you are young. Finally back and not playing like he thought he could because of being out of shape and being off so long and not getting hardly any PT. He got depressed and had a bad moment and said stuff on social media he shouldn't have which he removed quickly.  

I am sure all of us have hit a breaking point where we sad or did something stupid. The problem is with social media the world see;s it.  Give him a break let him, the team and the coaching staff work it out. I'll bet a lot of the guys on the team have his back a lot more than the fan base they practice with him everyday and know him. I haven't heard then going off on him so maybe we should get off his case for a while.

Advanced analytics say he sucked on Saturday against UK, but the eye test showed he looked more engaged both offensively and defensively. He’s got a big opportunity now to get a solid 15 minutes a game now with Austin out. If he starts getting his confidence back, then my god, watch out

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

man….that's what you have been telling us for weeks as an "excuse" for his level of play.  ….all this about no play for 21 months and stuff like that. JMO but I never believed that ……and was surprised that you even thought that was possible. 

So if he's been working hard, being a typical college gym rat I'm wondering why he was not better prepared?   One thing for sure, BP pretty much lets the guys play and not enough pattern to the offense to make it difficult for him to fit in....and defense?....that's something where he just has to put in the effort.  

AMc  broke his frggin' leg a year ago  and look at him and the effort he is giving.  DP was supposed to be our best player a couple years ago....so where did that go?

I want him to be successful.....we need him to play well and if not start, at least hope he will  be able to come in for a while and maintain the level of play.  

I didn't make any excuses....I'm even at the point now where I'm not even going to keep arguing stuff. I'm just going to tell it onceand if you all don't want to listen that's fine, but I said it's an entire new team. People he played with have different roles on the team now and some people he didn't play with. It's silly to think he's supposed to seamlessly fit in. You could send Brown on any team in the SEC he wouldn't average more than ten. 

As far as a Mac he wouldn't give any effort on the bench, and he has what 2 other people as competition??? I like those odds

Apparently you mistook me saying he hasn't played as he literally haven't picked up a basketball....playing pick up is almost a different sport than playing anauthentic actual game

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Apparently you mistook me saying he hasn't played as he literally haven't picked up a basketball....playing pick up is almost a different sport than playing anauthentic actual game

Guess I misunderstand......but you have to admit that watching Auburn play basketball is about as close to an un-authentic game or pick up game as you see on a college floor these days.  JMO   

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Advanced analytics say he sucked on Saturday against UK, but the eye test showed he looked more engaged both offensively and defensively. He’s got a big opportunity now to get a solid 15 minutes a game now with Austin out. If he starts getting his confidence back, then my god, watch out

Well that's that. If nothing else we know when this guy says anything the exact opposite is going to happen

• 2 weeks later...

Read in the Mizzou game thread that DP is a junior. Looked on the site and it said he redshirted 2015-2016 season. That would've been Pearl's second year which is when we had Bowers playing PG. I don't remember him being on the team. Thought that was his senior year of HS. 

It was good to see Purifoy have some good moments against mizzou. He really looked excited out there and made some plays. Hopefully that’s a game he can build on. 

On 1/21/2019 at 5:59 PM, AU64 said:

Guess I misunderstand......but you have to admit that watching Auburn play basketball is about as close to an un-authentic game or pick up game as you see on a college floor these days.  JMO   

You have to at least watch that with the caveat that if they ran this exact same style of play in the rec, they wouldn't miss a shot and the opposing team likely couldn't score past half court. The shortest guy on this team is my height but can dunk and practices treys from half court. The tallest guy...well you see what I'm going with this 

I know you're just saying it in jest but the gap...it's prevalent

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You have to at least watch that with the caveat that if they ran this exact same style of play in the rec, they wouldn't miss a shot and the opposing team likely couldn't score past half court. The shortest guy on this team is my height but can dunk and practices treys from half court. The tallest guy...well you see what I'm going with this 

I know you're just saying it in jest but the gap...it's prevalent

True...but the rec industrial  league I played in many years ago was about ha!f former college players who could score...but did not bother to play much defense.

On 1/31/2019 at 3:52 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Read in the Mizzou game thread that DP is a junior. Looked on the site and it said he redshirted 2015-2016 season. That would've been Pearl's second year which is when we had Bowers playing PG. I don't remember him being on the team. Thought that was his senior year of HS. 

If memory serves (and it might not) Purifoy had done a lot of transferring between high schools. There was some issue with grades and he had to sit his first year at Auburn while that got straightened out.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

If memory serves (and it might not) Purifoy had done a lot of transferring between high schools. There was some issue with grades and he had to sit his first year at Auburn while that got straightened out.

pretty accurate. Here is the link, where it describes his HS issues. BAsically he just didn't show up for spring practices, and never told his coach why, so the coach cut him, going into his senior year. He had other issues similar to what you just wrote too...

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/danjel_purifoy_states_top_bask.html

i FINALLY saw a spark out of purifoy against the updykes.....IF IF IF IF the light is coming on, look out because he is exactly what we need at the 3, IF IF IF IF  he doesn't fall in love the the 3 ball and IF IF IF IF he starts attacking the basket....he looked quicker and more in shape....more importantly, he looked tuned in....i suspect that he will play more against florida

DP played total of 15 minutes last night...same as Spencer.....got some rebounds which was helpful.

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

DP played total of 15 minutes last night...same as Spencer.....got some rebounds which was helpful.

He was improved last night. Apparently all that work to get himself back into playing shape is paying off.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

He was improved last night. Apparently all that work to get himself back into playing shape is paying off.

first thing you did this morning was be a smartie huh …..what's the comment...."I know what you are doing"  :)

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

first thing you did this morning was be a smartie huh …..what's the comment...."I know what you are doing"  :)

What else would old people be doing on a Sunday morning....it's funny when they told him to drop weight because he's changing positions he dropped weight...funny how that works!

I saw little thing from Purifoy that give me hope for the future as a Three he is a big three and as he has gotten in shape he is quick enough to guard the three. I don't know if he has it in him but I think he could be a low block presence against smaller threes posting them up. He has a nice shot very fluid he should easily be able to do a fall away jumper inside the a drop step and jam after a couple of fall away jumpers. Similar to what I think Okeeke could do.

I have been waiting to see him get some quality minutes every game since he became eligible. I know that CBP didnt want to take minutes from anyone else but my thought was that it should be no problem getting him 10 to 20 mins every game with a change in rotations and siphoning off a few minutes from everyone to a degree. You dont go from being the best player on the team to not knowing how to play even with sitting out a year plus.  I really believe he is the missing piece and will be vital to Auburn making the tourney and winning games. The only part of his game that drives me crazy is how he is the last down the court on offense 95% of the time. He is the only one that hangs back with the PG when the ball is brought up from out of bounds. I think it takes away some of his opportunities for scoring given how fast AU scores when the ball crosses mid-court 

11 hours ago, BHDAU1 said:

The only part of his game that drives me crazy is how he is the last down the court on offense 95% of the time. He is the only one that hangs back with the PG when the ball is brought up from out of bounds.

By design.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:51 AM, cole256 said:

What else would old people be doing on a Sunday morning....it's funny when they told him to drop weight because he's changing positions he dropped weight...funny how that works!

Hopefully go to the bathroom.....couldn't resist

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Hopefully go to the bathroom.....couldn't resist

shoot, already did that....at 1AM,   3AM,,  4::30 and then around 7...:)

Archived