Patient Purifoy Pissed

tigeraddikt

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

Nobody besides chumma has played good D this year on the perimeter. He's not playing behind really good players. The players in front of him suffer from this exact same negatives in their game as you described to him. Pretty much everybody on the team actually

I just do not see how you can look at Brown and say this. You are the only one saying it, not just on this board but coaches and analysts as well. Brown has been a liability on offense, sure, but on defense? I’d like to hear more about what he does that you think makes him a bad defender. 

EDIT: This might sound like I’m attacking you opinion, @cole256, and I don’t intend that. Just don’t recall where you have elaborated on your reasoning on this. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop trying to get a lot of attention and just announce you’re transferring. Boohoo. AU coulda given up on him several times over his career, but we stuck with him. 

He's about out of options and out of time. I don't think he can transfer anywhere except a very small school. Otherwise after he sits out a transfer year his playing time would be up. I don't know why he came back after a year + suspension, he should have bailed back then. He does need someone to help him make his decisions, it seems he has a penchant for doing the wrong thing.

I wish he was seeing a few minutes. Hate that he’s all over social media with this crap though. He’s a great talent and I hope it works out and he becomes one of the best to play here, but don’t like his social media stuff. Getting all this “advice” from people on FB.

Regardless of if DP should be getting playing time, he has always seemed to have a problem with using social media in a poor manner. Makes me wonder if he will ever learn his lesson, which sadly seems he will not

asking social media is certainly a bad look, but I cant blame him. His family was probably the same ones telling him to stick around here when he been could've left, and the coaches have seemingly sorrowed on him 

You gotta look somewhere I suppose

12 hours ago, jared52 said:

I just do not see how you can look at Brown and say this. You are the only one saying it, not just on this board but coaches and analysts as well. Brown has been a liability on offense, sure, but on defense? I’d like to hear more about what he does that you think makes him a bad defender. 

EDIT: This might sound like I’m attacking you opinion, @cole256, and I don’t intend that. Just don’t recall where you have elaborated on your reasoning on this. 

I think It would be easier if we tried to find a quality opponent that he affected. Take Ja Morant.....now I'm the first to say he's all world so there's not going to be too many that can bother him but if he's the stopper some of you think wouldn't be at least make it hard for him? I mean Morant literally did whatever he wanted.....that's with doubles. He played around with them. He made Brown literally fall down. Once again not too many can bother him but theoretically this game was supposed to be him against one of the best defenders in the country. Supposedly his toughest match up.....did you get that feeling?

Watch the Xavier game. Their PG isn't even good. We couldn't stay in front of him. I'm just of the opinion if you're that good on defense it should be easy to see. But in reality I'm not saying he's lazy or anything, he just don't have the size or athleticism that could enable him to be as good on defense as they say. And it's not his fault, it's regional media's fault really. Not knowing basketball. I've seen people on here say Herron was bad on defense. There's NOTHING he does that Herron didn't but Herron guarded bigger players. He rebounded GREAT for a guard and that's part of defense and he did the heavy lifting on offense. Now Brown has to do more on offense and have the same energy on defense.....and it's showing. And they both have to cover up for Harper

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

He's about out of options and out of time. I don't think he can transfer anywhere except a very small school. Otherwise after he sits out a transfer year his playing time would be up. I don't know why he came back after a year + suspension, he should have bailed back then. He does need someone to help him make his decisions, it seems he has a penchant for doing the wrong thing.

This is his fourth year in school. He should be graduating. If he gets his degree, then he could grad transfer and not sit out. A lot of teams would take him imo but he’d definitely go somewhere that he’s guaranteed to start

If he leaves the team now, with his poor work ethic, I'm afraid he won't stay in shape.

And who would want an out-of-shape quitter who hasn't played in almost 3 years?

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

This is his fourth year in school. He should be graduating. If he gets his degree, then he could grad transfer and not sit out. A lot of teams would take him imo but he’d definitely go somewhere that he’s guaranteed to start

His academic background coming to AU was not great and hopefully he's grasped the opportunity but never heard GT mentioned as a possibility for him.   He's in the best place he can be IMO...scholarship with great living conditions and playing a game he enjoys.  Expect that is hard to leave. 

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

His academic background coming to AU was not great and hopefully he's grasped the opportunity but never heard GT mentioned as a possibility for him.   He's in the best place he can be IMO...scholarship with great living conditions and playing a game he enjoys.  Expect that is hard to leave. 

He’s been academically eligible to play for 4 years. Even if he’s just meeting the minimum requirements, he should be on pace to graduate this semester. I could be wrong though, but with all the advisors he has access to and free summer classes, it’s almost impossible to not graduate in 4 years unless you fail classes. And like I said, he’s been eligible so he must be at least passing in the classroom 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I think It would be easier if we tried to find a quality opponent that he affected. Take Ja Morant.....now I'm the first to say he's all world so there's not going to be too many that can bother him but if he's the stopper some of you think wouldn't be at least make it hard for him? I mean Morant literally did whatever he wanted.....that's with doubles. He played around with them. He made Brown literally fall down. Once again not too many can bother him but theoretically this game was supposed to be him against one of the best defenders in the country. Supposedly his toughest match up.....did you get that feeling?

Watch the Xavier game. Their PG isn't even good. We couldn't stay in front of him. I'm just of the opinion if you're that good on defense it should be easy to see. But in reality I'm not saying he's lazy or anything, he just don't have the size or athleticism that could enable him to be as good on defense as they say. And it's not his fault, it's regional media's fault really. Not knowing basketball. I've seen people on here say Herron was bad on defense. There's NOTHING he does that Herron didn't but Herron guarded bigger players. He rebounded GREAT for a guard and that's part of defense and he did the heavy lifting on offense. Now Brown has to do more on offense and have the same energy on defense.....and it's showing. And they both have to cover up for Harper

I remember feeling that of all the guys Bruce used to cover Morant, Brown did the best. He had his way with most defenders, but Brown was able to cut him off numerous times. But again, that’s just the feeling I got. I honestly don’t recall how good the Xavier PG played so maybe I’ve not seen enough of the bad from Brown defensively to compare to the good I’ve seen.

19 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I remember feeling that of all the guys Bruce used to cover Morant, Brown did the best. He had his way with most defenders, but Brown was able to cut him off numerous times. But again, that’s just the feeling I got. I honestly don’t recall how good the Xavier PG played so maybe I’ve not seen enough of the bad from Brown defensively to compare to the good I’ve seen.

The Xavier G was burning Brown every play just about.  Harper was later assigned to him and for the most part stopped him from getting in the paint. 

30 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Cole has this amazing skill of turning every thread into a hate on Bryce Brown discussion. It’s uncanny how he weaves it into everything 

He didn’t bring up Brown in this thread, I did based on him saying Chuma was the only one playing good D.

3 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

If he gets his degree,

I'd like to think he's on track to graduate. Had he really hit the books during his suspension time he could be right there, credits-wise. I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later.

5 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Cole has this amazing skill of turning every thread into a hate on Bryce Brown discussion. It’s uncanny how he weaves it into everything 

I just wish you'd at least attempt to be accurate when you post.....it doesn't matter to you at all does it?

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Then he went to social media to gripe about it some more as evidenced above. 

We can see where this path is leading.  Hope he learns from this quickly.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

We can see where this path is leading.  Hope he learns from this quickly.

I don't have the credentials of Jay Bilas or Bill Walton, but I think we may have seen the last of DP in an AU uniform.

Archived