Patient Purifoy Pissed

tigeraddikt

40 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We're so small at the 1 and 2 that without compensating for that lack of height/length at the 3 it hurts us on D.

EXACTLY!!! So this goes into why I would say chumma should play 3 we have a 5'8 PG. We need size send length, especially if we'renot even scoring off the mismatch defensively. If we not going to get scoring or play making out of it what is the point??

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

EXACTLY!!! So this goes into why I would say chumma should play 3 we have a 5'8 PG. We need size send length, especially if we'renot even scoring off the mismatch defensively. If we not going to get scoring or play making out of it what is the point??

Yup 100%, we are't making teams pay by having to defend 3 guards and it's just making it harder on ourselves overall. I thought we'd be more difficult to defend on the bounce but really I'd be fine with Bryce not being forced to make too many decisions and Samir still looks like a young, inexperienced player -- good mixed with bad.

I want to see Chuma take at least 10 shots next game. 

I agree Samir game is awkward but how are going to sit our most efficient guy down. 90% ft  54% 2pt 46% 3pt.  In a respectable sample size. chuma would lose his matchup at the 3 defensively with early foul trouble. He would pick up perceived fouls similiar to how Jared does when bigger players are out on him at the top of the key. It’s like a flop foul which is a great skill of Jared when we are in the bonus. I see Chuma picking those up now at the 4. He doesn’t foul when blocking though which is a plus. Every player goes through ups and downs and chuma is a fantastic player who will have glimpses of star power. Just like DP glimpses of star power 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

One of the rotations I would like to see is Mac, Chuma, Dunbar, Samir, Harper. I believe this would give us a great defensive team and I believe with Mac at center  you would see the lane opening up more allowing . Samir, Dunbar, Okeke to drive and score or dump to Mac.  Dunbar and Chuma can both play 3 and 4 even though I think Chuma is better at 4 than Dunbar. Dunbar, Chuma, and Samir can all shoot 3's but hopefully would only shoot them as part of the Offensive flow not just to jack them up for the sake of jacking them up.

3 hours ago, noso113 said:

I agree Samir game is awkward but how are going to sit our most efficient guy down. 90% ft  54% 2pt 46% 3pt.  In a respectable sample size. chuma would lose his matchup at the 3 defensively with early foul trouble. He would pick up perceived fouls similiar to how Jared does when bigger players are out on him at the top of the key. It’s like a flop foul which is a great skill of Jared when we are in the bonus. I see Chuma picking those up now at the 4. He doesn’t foul when blocking though which is a plus. Every player goes through ups and downs and chuma is a fantastic player who will have glimpses of star power. Just like DP glimpses of star power 

Chumma is literally going to the NBA because of his ability to defend the 3....How can you automatically say he will pick up fouls???

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

One of the rotations I would like to see is Mac, Chuma, Dunbar, Samir, Harper. I believe this would give us a great defensive team and I believe with Mac at center  you would see the lane opening up more allowing . Samir, Dunbar, Okeke to drive and score or dump to Mac.  Dunbar and Chuma can both play 3 and 4 even though I think Chuma is better at 4 than Dunbar. Dunbar, Chuma, and Samir can all shoot 3's but hopefully would only shoot them as part of the Offensive flow not just to jack them up for the sake of jacking them up.

I wouldn't mind seeing it either. One thing I can see from a mac is a much better help side defender as opposed to playing head up, so him being able to roam a bit while Wiley anchor us would pay off I think. You can actually see it when Spencer comes in as well

I wouldn't mind seeing it either. One thing I can see from a mac is a much better help side defender as opposed to playing head up, so him being able to roam a bit while Wiley anchor us would pay off I think. You can actually see it when Spencer comes in as well

What about...

Harper

Dunbar

Okeke

Mac

Wiley

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

it'd be nice to have Chuma at 3, I just think the one attribute we do gain from Samir (aggression) would be completely lost with Okeke out there. It seems they put alot behind aggression and purely running with that first unit, and Doughty certainly loves to runs.

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What about...

Harper

Dunbar

Okeke

Mac

Wiley

Idk if you're just posting the ideal rotation or the starting rotation, but I'd hate to see Dunbar not be able to shore up that second unit with how good he's been in that role. This would definitely be the safest closing line-up though (although as of late subbing out Chuma or Wiley for Horace might be the move)

Most of those guys are interchangeable and seems we are just suggesting the guys who look to be on a "hot streak"...and not the best team.  :dunno:

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Most of those guys are interchangeable and seems we are just suggesting the guys who look to be on a "hot streak"...and not the best team.  :dunno:

Well that’s the beauty of a quality depth chart. Those that are struggling can be yanked out of there. 

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

What about...

Harper

Dunbar

Okeke

Mac

Wiley

I like this lineup if for no other reason that it would give Dunbar more minutes. I think that he's earned them, at least to this point. And, maybe some of his toughness/aggressiveness will rub off on Chuma and Wiley....

I wish the best for Danjel in whatever happens.  I was really excited at the beginning of the season thinking to myself, as many others probably were, when he comes back we're going to be even better.  Watching us play over the past couple of weeks worries me - with the lack of defensive play - our inability to play well away from Auburn.  We need to get it on track, hopefully Danjel will be a part of that.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Well that’s the beauty of a quality depth chart. Those that are struggling can be yanked out of there. 

Problem is that some of these guys seem to play better together than others.   I don't see them as completely interchangeable.   some are but not all of them and substituting specific individuals does not always improve the team output....JMO

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I said my line up before the season even started personally maybe a couple of games into the season. I said Brown actually would be better off the bench and had a little backlash and I saw potential in Dunbar long time ago and people had something to say about that too. 

I said my line up before the season even started personally maybe a couple of games into the season. I said Brown actually would be better off the bench and had a little backlash and I saw potential in Dunbar long time ago and people had something to say about that too. 

No, I said that.

😁

i dont think dunbar had the quality minutes at the beginning of the year like he has recently.  not sure he proved he deserved the minutes at first.  i absolutely think he does now and he always had the intangibles we need.  i dont think chuma can play with wiley and/or brown.  hes too timid and cant get the shots when BB is taking the shots ... when wiley is in the game it is either a 3 pointer or wiley shooting from down low.  whoever the 4 is when wiley is in the game, needs to be rebounding maniac to help with the long boards. 

to me, we gotta pair wiley with spencer and brown.  this will give us the inside/out game and allow spencer to be the hustle grit guy.

chuma with mac and dunbar.  this trio will keep the front court spread.  paired with samir and harper.  or mccormick at the one with harper at the 2.

edit:  also, Amac had a great last game, but he has been missing - if not a straight up liability for 2-3 weeks.  He played ok at the beginning of the season.  i hope Amac is back, but he'll need to do it a few games.  I think he and chuma will be crucial against UK.

On 1/14/2019 at 4:47 PM, cole256 said:

There's nobody playing on an extreme high level, unless Pearl stays loyal to people in spite of production there is plenty of opportunity for him to play. Just have to see if Pearl can handle the situation or not.

I still find it hilarious anybody can be all over DP because he didn't produce on the bench and in the same breath brag on starters who play all the time and can literally go several games and not show anything. 

This was my primary concern coming into the season. How would CBP handle the additions/returns of players and how would the chemistry be affected. I think the fact that so many of our guys are not playing at their highest level make CBPs job harder, but at this point with his public outbursts, I don't know how you can reward DP with playing time. 

As far as the rotation goes, I think we have the starting lineup is ok with Dunbar and Mac bringing instant production off the bench. Doughty hasn't been as good off the dribble and going to the rim as I thought he would be and Brown has been in poor form for a handful of games with his decision making. He was better against Georgia, but was maybe overly conservative. Hopefully, CBP can resolve the DP thing one way or another and we can get back to playing fast and free. 

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

If they are all interchangeable, then I would definitely go with the hot hands.

8 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

If they are all interchangeable, then I would definitely go with the hot hands.

How many missed shots do you allow BB before you pull him?  

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Me....................... dummy

Which one? 

Archived