Men vs. Georgia game thread

WarTiger

2 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

My thoughts:

I love Mac.  He's all over the place out there.  He's a hustler, and he's tough.  We're much better with him than with Wiley.

I liked seeing Bryce Brown passing the ball instead of shooting it so much.  He seemed to let the game come to him instead of forcing things.  I'm with Cole though - I think we'd be better off with Brown coming off the bench.  I hope I don't suffer too many beatings here for saying that.

Jared Harper is having a lot of trouble hitting 2-point baskets.

I love Mac.

Dunbar look great when I got to sit down and watch the game, which wasn't very often.

Like Cole, I'm worried.  The NCAA tournament isn't a lock by any means.  We've been beaten somewhat soundly by the best 3 teams we've played this year.

I love Mac.

Agreed on all points except for tournament hopes. Still think we’ll be okay there. We’ve got wins over Washington, Arizona, and Murray State in non-conferenc,  who all are in the conversation for the tournament right now.  Losses are to 3 tournament teams by less than 10 points per game. Think we’re still in pretty comfortably, but we can’t implode in the SEC

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Agreed on all points except for tournament hopes. Still think we’ll be okay there. We’ve got wins over Washington, Arizona, and Murray State in non-conferenc,  who all are in the conversation for the tournament right now.  Losses are to 3 tournament teams by less than 10 points per game. Think we’re still in pretty comfortably, but we can’t implode in the SEC

To get into the tournament we more or less need to be among the top 30 teams. That is doable in my view IF we hold home court and take a few road games.

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Only way AU misses the tourney is if Harper gets a season ending injury 

That would change the character of the team but McCormick has looked pretty good and BPs task would be to restructure things.  IMO there are enough parts for a very good team....just have to put them together the right way.....which might be a current task ..including Harper.. 

11 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

My thoughts:

I love Mac.  He's all over the place out there.  He's a hustler, and he's tough.  We're much better with him than with Wiley.

I liked seeing Bryce Brown passing the ball instead of shooting it so much.  He seemed to let the game come to him instead of forcing things.  I'm with Cole though - I think we'd be better off with Brown coming off the bench.  I hope I don't suffer too many beatings here for saying that.

Jared Harper is having a lot of trouble hitting 2-point baskets.

I love Mac.

Dunbar look great when I got to sit down and watch the game, which wasn't very often.

Like Cole, I'm worried.  The NCAA tournament isn't a lock by any means.  We've been beaten somewhat soundly by the best 3 teams we've played this year.

I love Mac.

We must have very different definitions of what being beaten soundly means.  Two of our losses were by single digits and both extremely winnable games.  6 points to the current #1 team in the country and 7 points on the road where we didn't play our best.   The ole Miss game, well sometimes the other team is just better.  They answered every single run we had and shooting 32.8% from the floor isn't going to win you many.   But we certainly haven't been beaten soundly by the 3 best teams we've played.

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

We must have very different definitions of what being beaten soundly means.  Two of our losses were by single digits and both extremely winnable games.  6 points to the current #1 team in the country and 7 points on the road where we didn't play our best.   The ole Miss game, well sometimes the other team is just better.  They answered every single run we had and shooting 32.8% from the floor isn't going to win you many.   But we certainly haven't been beaten soundly by the 3 best teams we've played.

In my opinion, we have.  I've seen it described that way in some news articles I've read.  Personally, I just didn't feel like we threatened any of those teams. 

It's just an opinion.  To each his own.

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Might just be my convenient memory but seems our best ball was played at the beginning of the season....the games in Maui especially?  :dunno:   

Missed most of this game and could only watch in short spurts, would love to watch the whole thing if anyone knows how. 

In the few moments I saw it looked like Mac may be finding his groove again. Also the box score minute distribution between the bigs was interesting. It looked like Mac had the hot hand and Wiley's minutes took a hit. Also the big win (even against a weaker conference opponent) has me wondering if Bruce's ideal fit is not to have a traditional back to the basket center on the floor but of course I didn't watch the game yet.

Archived