Horton reassigned to off field role

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

What makes you want to puke? You don’t like Luper? Or are you saying the story is horsecrap?

I've got no problem with Luper coming back into the fold - Bring back Trooper and the old crew is back together again for another great run. 

Jay Tate is a tool, and his blast "reporting" last month proved it without a doubt.  

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/15/2019 at 9:18 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I have no names. Some are being tossed around but no one knows anything concrete. Most likely won't know till the hire is made IMO. 

So did you hear from the same "sources" Jay G Tate got his info? 

Luper is at the top of the list?

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

I've got no problem with Luper coming back into the fold - Bring back Trooper and the old crew is back together again for another great run. 

Jay Tate is a tool, and his blast "reporting" last month proved it without a doubt.  

Gotcha. You just think Jay Tate’s “reporting” style is suspect.  I’m really learning that maybe hearing “inside” info before it is official is not worth the misinformation that inevitably occurs.  I’ll wait and see from now on.  Or at least, I’ll try! 

6 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Gotcha. You just think Jay Tate’s “reporting” style is suspect.  I’m really learning that maybe hearing “inside” info before it is official is not worth the misinformation that inevitably occurs.  I’ll wait and see from now on.  Or at least, I’ll try! 

I'm in the same boat with you.  I'm skeptical of the "Auburn sources" that give these hacks information.  

I mean Jay Tate's articles/blogs in the wake of the IB were apparently a bunch of garbage that someone inside the AD fed him.  He laid out the whole "reduced contract", "limiting Gus's authority and Malzhan was told the pool of $$ for assistants was locked", etc.  Gus debunked the entire notion publicly.

Who knows who to believe, but the reporters had a field day with their "sources" and they ended up with egg on their faces when not only was Gus retained with zero encumbrances to his authority but his contract is in tact.

What I don't like about some of these reporters is that in the race to be FIRST with the information, some times they can help screw up the deal. These things are secret for a reason. When the word is leaked out, there usually a lot of denying and backtracking. 

1 hour ago, keesler said:

I'm in the same boat with you.  I'm skeptical of the "Auburn sources" that give these hacks information.  

I mean Jay Tate's articles/blogs in the wake of the IB were apparently a bunch of garbage that someone inside the AD fed him.  He laid out the whole "reduced contract", "limiting Gus's authority and Malzhan was told the pool of $$ for assistants was locked", etc.  Gus debunked the entire notion publicly.

Who knows who to believe, but the reporters had a field day with their "sources" and they ended up with egg on their faces when not only was Gus retained with zero encumbrances to his authority but his contract is in tact.

All I can say and this is not trying to be a smart butt, but if you for a minute believe Gus’s version of the events that followed the iron bowl then I’m truely sorry for you. Unfortunately Gus does not tell the truth especially when it reflects on him. The stories for the most part were true.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Any one of these RB coaches would be a good fit for Auburn. Dell McGee, Eddie Gran or Curtis Luper.

I don’t expect to see Luper or Trooper. I doubt seriously Gus has any great fondness for them. Expect another Dilly type hire . Low cost and one that will follow orders without discussion. That exactly why Horton is off field until he finds a job he wants. 

Should someone break it to 4ever that Gran is a OC who turned down Georgia for their OC job? I'm thinking he's a longshot for AU RB coach.

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

All I can say and this is not trying to be a smart butt, but if you for a minute believe Gus’s version of the events that followed the iron bowl then I’m truely sorry for you. Unfortunately Gus does not tell the truth especially when it reflects on him. The stories for the most part were true.

I just want to know what was true and what was false...anybody know?

5 hours ago, keesler said:

Not a tool & what blast reporting are you talking about?

mean Jay Tate's articles/blogs in the wake of the IB were apparently a bunch of garbage that someone inside the AD fed him.  He laid out the whole "reduced contract", "limiting Gus's authority and Malzhan was told the pool of $$ for assistants was locked", etc.  Gus debunked the entire notion publicly.

Just wow on the density here. Makes my brain hurt. You do realize Gus "debunking it" doesn't mean a damn thing right? He had to debunk it publicly because it would have completely undermined his authority & leadership within the program as well as completely destroy him on the recruiting trail had he admitted all that happened from right after the IB til Green's email affirming him as HC a full 2 & a half week later

they ended up with egg on their faces when not only was Gus retained with zero encumbrances to his authority but his contract is in tact. 

.EasyWatchfulBushsqueaker-size_restricted

There's no egg on their faces. They just reported what was being negotiated. If you choose to stick your head in the sand about it then that's fine. It doesn't change the reality of all that what was going on.

His contract is in tact but the total funds freeze for assistants is real. If we got Freeze for OC a good chunk of the money to pay Freeze would have come out of Gus's own pocket. A big reason it looks like we won't get Luper is some of the funds to pay Luper would come out of Gus's pocket for him also & Gus looks like he doesn't want to do that for him.

Archived