Kendall Simmons joining staff

GwillMac6

On 1/12/2019 at 6:16 PM, bigbird said:

He definitely could bring some nasty back to our line

Here's to hoping he's being groomed to be our next OL coach.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/12/2019 at 6:55 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

I read online that Off the field coaches can't really get involved with the players. They are mainly involved in coaching meetings. (This came from something I just read online) and the they were talking with Saban about all his off the field coaches. 

Wrong. OTF coaches are allowed to help coach during practice and also allowed on the field during games. Their also allowed to communicate with the players anytime. Their also allowed to help recruit as long as the recruit is on campus. With KS now on the staff, look for our OL recruiting to pick up this year.

1 hour ago, baldeagle55 said:

That Pucilla was one nasty mauler.

I can't remember the last truly "nasty" OL that we've had

4 hours ago, baldeagle55 said:

Wrong. OTF coaches are allowed to help coach during practice and also allowed on the field during games. Their also allowed to communicate with the players anytime. Their also allowed to help recruit as long as the recruit is on campus. With KS now on the staff, look for our OL recruiting to pick up this year.

No, OTF coaches, analysts or quality control coaches are not allowed to coach players on the field during practices or games.  They can communicate with coaches and GAs during practices and games but they aren't supposed to coach players.  They can encourage players but they can't coach them.  You are correct about them being on the field and recruiting on campus.

The 432-page NCAA rules manual makes no mention of quality control coaches or analysts but the main restriction is that they aren't allowed to work with players on the field.

7 minutes ago, around4ever said:

No, OTF coaches, analysts or quality control coaches are not allowed to coach players on the field during practices or games.  They can communicate with coaches and GAs during practices and games but they aren't supposed to coach players.  They can encourage players but they can't coach them.  You are correct about them being on the field and recruiting on campus.

Have you never watched any of those practice videos that come out in the spring? Watch one sometime and you'll notice someone other than one of our coaches going through drills with a certain group of kids. Those are OTF coaches sir.

12 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The 432-page NCAA rules manual makes no mention of quality control coaches or analysts but the main restriction is that they aren't allowed to work with players on the field.

This.

You can actually take a look at a recent pic that Simmons Tweeted out of him working in his new position.  In the pic you can clearly see a Compliance sheet on his desk which outlines what he can and can't do.  He is NOT allowed to coach.

5 minutes ago, baldeagle55 said:

Have you never watched any of those practice videos that come out in the spring? Watch one sometime and you'll notice someone other than one of our coaches going through drills with a certain group of kids. Those are OTF coaches sir.

Screenshot_20190119_102105.jpg

42 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Does the ncaa have people that monitor these type things? If not how would we get caught if he did do some coaching?

5 hours ago, baldeagle55 said:

Noticed today that Tennessee and Fulmer got a wrist slap from NCAA because he was helping and encouraging some OL players during a practice for just a couple minutes.  Now technically he is not an off field coach and in fact would seem to be just an interested civilian.....but who knows?      Bama OFC can help players but no other schools.   

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/01/tennessees-phil-fulmer-committed-ncaa-infraction-was-banned-from-5-practices-per-report.html

23 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Is or was Butch Jones considered an OFC on the night bamr came undone? I saw him on the sideline

He was actively coaching during both games. 

On 1/13/2019 at 10:23 AM, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't think Saban is some god. And at the start of his reign, I'm sure he did cheat and bend the rules as much as he could, but he doesn't have to do that anymore. The results speak for itself. Any high school kid who plays football knows if they go to Bama and excel, they will play for championships and they will be drafted highly. I absolutely hate them, but facts are facts. 

That's pretty much a BS post. I supposed if Bernie Madoff had stopped stealing money after becoming rich and then started making an honest living once he was set for life, that we could then say he is a great businessman, right?

Tom Banks used to bartend at a club I hung out in Bham. Great guy, mean as hell and nasty but a good friend.  Good Times!

6 minutes ago, mdg929 said:

Tom Banks used to bartend at a club I hung out in Bham. Great guy, mean as hell and nasty but a good friend.  Good Times!

Party a few times with TB at Auburn he use to scare me to death

17 hours ago, metafour said:

Screenshot_20190119_102105.jpg

I am disappointed to see that he is not permitted to “throw batting practice or catch bullpen”.  I guarantee saban has his analysts doing that.  CKS should be able to as well.

With that list of prohibitions, what the hell are these OTF coaches allowed to do?

Seriously, they can't analyze, strategize, evaluate, provide instruction, provide analysis of practices, scout opponents, touch a player or any equipment, etc.

Kendall Simmons (otf), Cadillac Williams (RB), Kodi Burns (WR), Rodney Garner (DL) and Travis Williams (LB) position coaches. Any other former players on staff?

42 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Kendall Simmons (otf), Cadillac Williams (RB), Kodi Burns (WR), Rodney Garner (DL) and Travis Williams (LB) position coaches. Any other former players on staff?

Isn't Marcus Davis on staff in some capacity as well?

On 1/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, AUsince72 said:

In T-town, paying the players and loading them with steroids means "the process" and is perfectly okay.

Amen brother, bammer has been getting away with it ever since little nicky arrived. All things must come to an end eventually as will the reign of the little midget from tuscaloser.

Archived