Class Projections (1/24/19 Update)

aujeff11

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He has had plenty of time to commit and continues to hold off time after time

OK but he said from day 1 he was committing on NSD & never gave an inkling of committing sooner. I don't think him sticking to his plan means or implies he's not sold on AU. I could be wrong though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

OK but he said from day 1 he was committing on NSD & never gave an inkling of committing sooner. I don't think him sticking to his plan means or implies he's not sold on AU. I could be wrong though.

Like I said. IMO. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Also, MAR isn't going to be the every down back that AU needs right away. Griffin could be that guy. Anyways. 

Agreed but if Joiner has moved full time to RB as has been rumored we will have 3 guys in Boobee, DJ, & HJ that can do it.

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Agreed but if Joiner has moved full time to RB as has been rumored we will have 3 guys in Boobee, DJ, & HJ that can do it.

I would be ecstatic if HJ moves to rb! I want to see what he can do if given the chance to play a full series or two and really gets going. If he runs like he did on those wildcat plays all the time it would be a huge boost to our running back game. I really hope being in sec practices/games have toughened him up and he can turn the corner. The big knock on him here/ this board was his toughness. I think the skill set is there for development if our new rb coach can bring up to sec level!

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Also, MAR isn't going to be the every down back that AU needs right away. Griffin could be that guy. Anyways. 

That's why I like Griffin. We have enough of the special role players at RB. We need a back that can carry the load.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Moultry and Jibunor thought they signed to be linebackers too but both were put at buck the day they walked on campus. As ellitor said above, I think Hall is calling the buck position a linebacker.

What's the difference between a buck and OLB? Other than not dropping in coverage as much

1 minute ago, kd4au said:

That's why I like Griffin. We have enough of the special role players at RB. We need a back that can carry the load.

What I like about mar is his pass catching ability. Hard to beat a back that can catch and run in our offense.

25 minutes ago, kd4au said:

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

What I like about mar is his pass catching ability. Hard to beat a back that can catch and run in our offense.

Both guys have all the physical tools necessary to be RB1 for us IMO. Both are physically similar to extremely successful RBs that Gus has had here. Just a matter of how each handles the jump to college, how well they pick up the offense, how well they block, etc. Probably hard to tell how that's going to shake out at this point. But physically? Yeah, you're pretty much looking at CAP and KJ. Take your pick. I'd love to get both and just hope at least one of them can realize his potential for us. 

31 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

What's the difference between a buck and OLB?

In Coach Steele's scheme a Buck has been a Rush End although he would like to have guys he felt could be hybrid DE-LB & drop in coverage some. The OLB in his system is a hybrid LB-Safety who is expected to be a good run stopper against power set teams & be able to cover TEs & slot WRs in the passing game.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

But we rarely throw to the backs.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yup! Like going shopping. When you buy something that's a deal but don't use said product or feature of a product it's not a real deal for that particular consumer.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When we do good things happen, so maybe wishful thinking!

1 minute ago, toddc said:

When we do good things happen, so maybe wishful thinking!

I wish we used them a lot more. UGA does a great job at that.

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

In Coach Steele's scheme a Buck has been a Rush End although he would like to have guys he felt could be hybrid DE-LB & drop in coverage some. The OLB in his system is a hybrid LB-Safety who is expected to be a good run stopper against power set teams & be able to cover TEs & slot WRs in the passing game.

I think Moultry was dropping in coverage some in the Purdue game if I'm not mistaken 

13 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Oh so Moore's chances are "65%" of signing with us? Not 64 or 66? Gotta laugh at this stuff sometimes.

Basically means based on info right now AU has a 2 in 3 shot. What's the humor there?

21 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Oh so Moore's chances are "65%" of signing with us? Not 64 or 66? Gotta laugh at this stuff sometimes.

Moore or less 😁

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Basically means based on info right now AU has a 2 in 3 shot. What's the humor there?

...you're kidding right? Ok as gently as possible, yes had he said a 2 in 3 shot that would not have been ludicrous. 65%? Bwahahaha!

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

...you're kidding right? Ok as gently as possible, yes had he said a 2 in 3 shot that would not have been ludicrous. 65%? Bwahahaha!

It’s saying the same thing. One is in percent  form and the other is a fraction. Again I don’t see the humor.

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It’s saying the same thing. One is in percent  form and the other is a fraction. Again I don’t see the humor.

You’re not alone on this one E???

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

What's the difference between a buck and OLB? Other than not dropping in coverage as much

Look at last year's team. Starting OLB's were D. Williams and M. Atkinson. Starting Buck was Nick Coe, with Big Cat Bryant as the #1 backup. Quite a bit of difference in the physical characteristics there.

13 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Moultry was 100%. Think Moultry could be moved back to LBer this spring. 

I'd rather see Jibunor moved to LB than Moultry. Judging simply from watching both play this past season. I believe Jibunor is more agile. Moultry reminds me of a wrecking ball, whatever gets directly in his path will be wrecked, but one small sidestep and it's a miss.

11 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Not ludicrous. In fact, there is really nothing odd about it at all. You fixating on it and declaring that fractions are superior to percentages for this purpose, on the other hand...

Just now, McLoofus said:

Not ludicrous. In fact, there is really nothing odd about it at all. You fixating on it and declaring that fractions are superior to percentages for this purpose, on the other hand...

tenor.gif?itemid=8572581

Now I get it! Thank you as always Loof!

Archived