ABC's Jonathan Karl: Mueller report 'almost certain' to be anti-climactic

Auburnfan91

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/abc-news-chief-wh-correspondent-mueller-report-likely-wont-find-evidence-of-collusion/

Karl, who has served as ABC’s man in D.C. since 2012, was mostly dismissive of that report’s potentially broader implications. He said:

What I am getting is that this is all building up to the Mueller report and raising expectations of a bombshell report; there have been expectations that have been building for over a year on this. But people who are closest to what Mueller has been doing, who have interacted with the special counsel, caution me that this report is almost certain to be anti-climactic.

“That if you look at what the FBI was investigating in the New York Times report,” Karl noted. “Mueller did not go anywhere with that investigation. Mueller has been writing his report in real-time through these indictments. And we have seen nothing from Mueller on the central question of: ‘Was there any coordination, collusion with the Russians in the effort to to meddle in the elections’ or ‘Was there even any knowledge on the part of the president or anybody in his campaign with what the Russians were doing?’ There are no indications of that.”

I’m really surprised “people closest to what Mueller is doing” are leaking anything at all. OPSec from Mueller’s folks seems to be pretty ironclad. 

That being said, I wouldn’t be too shocked if Karl is correct.

Archived