Get ready for a rough year getting around the ‘ham

AUDub

Shutdown of the 20/59 bridge through downtown begins a week from today. 

Just now, alexava said:

what's new?

It’s gonna suck. Daily commute will be awful. Live in Trussville, work in Southside. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It’s gonna suck. Daily commute will be awful. Live in Trussville, work in Southside. 

I live an hour and a half north. I dread any time i have to travel that way. (5-6 times a year avg) I hate it for ya'll.

4 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Dub, will you take 459 then turn back on 280 or go to 65 to get to southside?

Most likely backroads. Hwy 11 southbound to Ruffner Rd, then Oporto Madrid to Hwy 78 westbound into Southside. 

30 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

What a disaster!

Yeah but absolutely necessary they replace those bridges. For years you could park under them for events downtown. Not now. They drop too much crap. They’re past due. 

On 1/14/2019 at 9:26 PM, AUDub said:

Most likely backroads. Hwy 11 southbound to Ruffner Rd, then Oporto Madrid to Hwy 78 westbound into Southside. 

78 into south side is definitely your best option.  You might try 459 to 20 to Montevallo Rd to 78. But, nobody knows which route everybody else is going to take. 

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

78 into south side is definitely your best option.  You might try 459 to 20 to Montevallo Rd to 78. But, nobody knows which route everybody else is going to take. 

459 is going to be an absolute nightmare and I hope to avoid it if at all possible. 

This summer we are heading back to pigeon forge from south Louisiana.  We usually go 59, 459, 20 to get through Bham. Being that they are wanting everyone to go 459, I am not sure which would be best. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

This summer we are heading back to pigeon forge from south Louisiana.  We usually go 59, 459, 20 to get through Bham. Being that they are wanting everyone to go 459, I am not sure which would be best. 

Just take 459 out of Bessemer/McCalla to bypass Bham and head toward 59. Should be good to go.  

Archived