Landon Rice TE 6-5 246 Rome, GA/Calhoun
Prince Micheal Sammons OL 6-8 280 Clarksville, OH/Cincinnati Hills Christian
Eli Stove WR 6-0 175 Niceville, FL/Niceville
TrÃÆ'Æ'© Threat LB 6-0 246 Geneva, AL/Spanish Fort
Daniel Thomas DB 6-0 190 Montgomery, AL/Robert E. Lee

Who is that McClain kid you have listed?:laugh:

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Who is that McClain kid you have listed?:laugh:

A cop that stopped some German terrorists a couple times I think.

tenor.gif?itemid=10459877

Edited by ellitor
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

247 gives out their last 5*s today, last Top 247 tomorrow FWIW.

Pickens and Bo did not get a 5 star. Have to play in the Army All American game to get a bump from 247. 

13 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Pickens and Bo did not get a 5 star. Have to play in the Army All American game to get a bump from 247. 

They may still get bumps. George was #58 for them before today. Bo was #102.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

They may still get bumps. George was #58 for them before today. Bo was #102.

Hope no gets enough of a bump to get 5 star in the composite. And surely George will rise! 

11 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Hope no gets enough of a bump to get 5 star in the composite. And surely George will rise! 

Bo needs a 27 spot bump from 247 to be a composite 5*.  George will stay a composite 5* as long as he doesn't drop 9 spots.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bo needs a 27 spot bump from 247 to be a composite 5*.  George will stay a composite 5* as long as he doesn't drop 9 spots.

After the qb award the other day you would think he would rise up some. If they take things like that into consideration.

18 minutes ago, toddc said:

After the qb award the other day you would think he would rise up some.

Not with Barton Simmons doing the ranking. He has always been meh on Bo relative to other analysts.

24 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Have the final Composite Rankings been released yet? Anyone know?

No. The final Top247 for 24/7 comes out at noon CT. Typically takes composite a day or 2 to be updated after that. Also 247 has more rankings after the Top247 this week so the composite likely will not have it's final update til this weekend.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Final Top 247 is out. Bo got a big 40 spot bump & is a composite 5*!

George & Owen stay 5*s!

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Not too shabby if we can land mar and Moore!

4 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Appears Bo is the ONLY early AU signee that 24/7 did not drop in the rankings after signing. Just saying.

i was just looking at that....J johnson only other one i see so far

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Man that Bama Bump surely looks evident....my goodness

That's why you have to take these stars and rankings with grain of salt. If you only went by that the turds should have won the natty again but they didn't. They can be beat no matter how many 5 stars they have.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Man that Bama Bump surely looks evident....my goodness

Not really. Their total net gain was 28 spots.  They had 8 significant droppers (Battle -10, Egboigbe -17, Harris -23, Banks -11, Tulia -63, Bowles -11,  Williams -67, & Dale -16) & 4 significant risers (Harris +75, Byron Young +15,  Hellams +28, Dalcourt +135)

• Like 1

Takeaways from the composite:

-UGA only has one 5* more than us

-Purdue is racking up some top 100's.  Good for them.

-South Carolina landed a top 10 player.  Nice.

-Clemson only landed one 5* this cycle which surprised me with where their program is at the moment.

-2 of the 3 5*'s we have are already on campus which will pay dividends come fall.

I am very happy with our recruiting class.  Even some of our lower ranked players I view as sleepers, that can play up to a 5* ranking.  Not that rankings really matter.  Coaches ability to evaluate matters more.  We really need to give Gus and his coaching staff kudos for not only landing this class, but keeping it in tact with all of the outside noise.  Seriously.  Most other teams' classes under our circumstances would have been eaten alive.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Clemson only landed one 5* this cycle which surprised me with where their program is at the moment.

That's what's so impressive about what they've been doing. On average over the last 5 years, they've actually been below us in recruiting rankings. They finished 6th last year. So only getting 1-2 5* guys per cycle- and hitting on them- is probably the norm, even during this run. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

On average over the last 5 years, they've actually been below us in recruiting rankings.

Not in per player rankings which is more important, especially in Clemson's case where they retain & develop their players instead of signing 25 a year like most teams do. The 247 composite Team Talent rankings is an easy tool for this comparison. Right now they are #6 in team talent on roster while we are #14 with a full point difference in rating per player which is a sizable advantage on paper.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not in per player rankings which is more important, especially in Clemson's case where they retain & develop their players instead of signing 25 a year like most teams do. The 247 composite Team Talent rankings is an easy tool for this comparison. Right now they are #6 in team talent on roster while we are #14 with a full point difference in rating per player which is a sizable advantage on paper.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

Even more than that, I see that of the nine 5*s on their roster, five of them signed in the most recent class.

@abw0004, as is oh so common, I stand corrected and this even further highlights your point.

Maybe the 5 last year is their problem. That's 5 positions that might not open up anytime soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Takeaways from the composite:

-UGA only has one 5* more than us

-Purdue is racking up some top 100's.  Good for them.

-South Carolina landed a top 10 player.  Nice.

-Clemson only landed one 5* this cycle which surprised me with where their program is at the moment.

-2 of the 3 5*'s we have are already on campus which will pay dividends come fall.

I am very happy with our recruiting class.  Even some of our lower ranked players I view as sleepers, that can play up to a 5* ranking.  Not that rankings really matter.  Coaches ability to evaluate matters more.  We really need to give Gus and his coaching staff kudos for not only landing this class, but keeping it in tact with all of the outside noise.  Seriously.  Most other teams' classes under our circumstances would have been eaten alive.

A huge part of their success is in the qbs they have had and hopefully we have that piece now!

• Like 1