qb's - who will start in 2019?

gr82b4au

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2019 at 6:07 PM, SumterAubie said:

Right. My impression is Sandberg is having his education paid for, enjoys participating in organized sports but realizes he does not have a future in the NFL, and is cutting a wide swath through the coed population of Auburn. He is not going anywhere.

Cord brought his long term girl friend to Auburn on the official visit, so I don't think he's dating around.  Same for the Aussie.  They're both GAM.

13 minutes ago, API said:

Cord brought his long term girl friend to Auburn on the official visit, so I don't think he's dating around.  Same for the Aussie.  They're both GAM.

Let me tell you a little thing about how athletes operate...😉

20 hours ago, Tiger said:

Let me tell you a little thing about how athletes operate...😉

This isn't the Auburn DB(Larry Casher?) getting knocked out of the game and taken to East Alabama Medical Center as a precaution where he was subsequently assaulted by THREE of his girlfriends who rushed over to check on 'their man'.

1 minute ago, API said:

This isn't the Auburn DB(Larry Casher?) getting knocked out of the game and taken to East Alabama Medical Center as a precaution where he was subsequently assaulted by THREE of his girlfriends who rushed over to check on 'their man'.

LOLLL imagine being knocked out, being disoriented as ever, and then all 3 of your girls show up at once. I would've loved to see how he navigated out of that one

50 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LOLLL imagine being knocked out, being disoriented as ever, and then all 3 of your girls show up at once. I would've loved to see how he navigated out of that one

Memory loss would have to be the wise play

Now, about these QBs, I think it's more than likely we see Malik or Gatewood starting. I don't see Gus giving the reins to a freshman and I think he realizes he has to have a running threat as well. Malik has seniority but hasn't been trusted much in his reps. Gatewood has talent but practically had his own dog house built last year. If Bo wins it's because he's the greatest freshman QB to ever step foot on the plains and even a pop warner coach could tell he should be starting over all others.

Unless we snag a graduate transfer for QB, and this would not surprise me, I think Gatewood will come through and win the job.  He has the tools to be special and if he comes to terms with his talent and gains the maturity needed to be QB, he could be one of the QB surprises in the SEC for 2019. I think Dilly could tap into his potential and show him how to succeed as an SEC starting QB.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:03 AM, Tiger said:

I almost got into a fight with cash when I was at auburn. I couldn't stand him

• 2 weeks later...

So I was thining about former FSU QB Deandre Francois and all that has happened with him now being in the Transfer portal. The girl that accused him of abuse on Instagram leading to his dismissal from the team recanted her statement. Said it was a lie....i dont rmemeber much about him last year maybe he was hurt but was it 2016 or 2017 he showed alot of promise just didnt have any protection. He was a highly touted 4 star recruit....number 3 PP in the class...and has athleticism to do well in our offense? What are the thoughts of this prestigious board?

39 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I was thining about former FSU QB Deandre Francois and all that has happened with him now being in the Transfer portal. The girl that accused him of abuse on Instagram leading to his dismissal from the team recanted her statement. Said it was a lie....i dont rmemeber much about him last year maybe he was hurt but was it 2016 or 2017 he showed alot of promise just didnt have any protection. He was a highly touted 4 star recruit....number 3 PP in the class...and has athleticism to do well in our offense? What are the thoughts of this prestigious board?

Struggled last year after the knee injury, think he went like 15td 12int and FSU didn't make a bowl. I doubt Auburn would consider him, especially with the domestic violence luggage.

I want to see a true QB race put into play and allow all 4 guys to battle it out and may the best man win. And the guy that gets the nod can hopefully get it to our receivers and let them run. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

No thx

47 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Kristi Malzahn just tweeted pic of AU frosh at their dinner & ping-pong gathering and Nix looks about 5'9".🤔 (fwiw).

you literally took the thought from my head.....I dont want to get too much into height i got scorned for it earlier lol ( sorry E) but if you notice Owen Pappoe looks to be 6'5....think there were some steps involved

56 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

you literally took the thought from my head.....I dont want to get too much into height i got scorned for it earlier lol ( sorry E) but if you notice Owen Pappoe looks to be 6'5....think there were some steps involved

Theres steps there, they pose there when they do the position dinners/parties at Gus' house.  If theres not steps that means Kristi is like 3'9".

On 2/5/2019 at 6:15 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

No thanks - AU would completely lose the ability to hold the domestic violence offender over the head of the turds if we accepted Francois.

Think at this point at the start of spring I’d say 50% Gatewood 30% Bo 20% Willis. I’d love to see us go with a big body QB that’s physical. If Gatewood could be similar to Dak Prescott that would be perfect. Honestly I just miss smash mouth football from 2013-14 when if it was 3&3 or less it’s almost an automatic first down. Unfortunately our O line at this point is not good enough... 

On 2/6/2019 at 10:36 PM, tbone1430 said:

Think at this point at the start of spring I’d say 50% Gatewood 30% Bo 20% Willis. I’d love to see us go with a big body QB that’s physical. If Gatewood could be similar to Dak Prescott that would be perfect. Honestly I just miss smash mouth football from 2013-14 when if it was 3&3 or less it’s almost an automatic first down. Unfortunately our O line at this point is not good enough... 

Gatewood is about the size of the QB Fitzgerald that just graduated from MSU, and reminds me of him. having seen little of Joey, it is a bit hard to make too many solid comparisons though at this point in his career. Gatewood is bigger than Dak and maybe close to Cam size wise. I am pulling for Joey to win the job and give Bo a year to work on his game. I really hope we do not get in a situation to where we have to throw Bo into game before he has had to time develop.

On the flip side of this, Bo could be ready and could just be the absolute best QB on the roster in a situation like Trevor at Clemson. I just have a sense though that Gatewood is going to be a good fit at QB for us and will do a nice job managing the offense. Like others, I have wondered about Gus' ability to recognize talent that is right under his nose and hope that Joey does not fall down this tunnel and never have been given a real chance to prove himself. I hope Gus has realized that the clock is ticking on him and that he needs to get it right sooner than later.

It would be a nice story to read at the end of the 2019 season with Gatewood developing into the QB we have been looking for since Cam and Nick. Stidham was really good at times, but would make you scratch your head with some of the decisions he made during his time at Auburn.  I hope Dilly will be QB coach that we have needed since Gus came to Auburn. I really like Dilly and think he will do nice things with our QBs. Looking forward to spring ball!

WDE & Pet a Corgi today!

Image result for pictures of welsh corgi dogs

Archived