Griffin King Transferring

Zeek

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/01/auburn-reserve-wr-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal.html

An Auburn reserve wide receiver is looking into transferring.

Griffin King, a former walk-on who was awarded a scholarship in 2017, has entered the NCAA transfer portal, according to a source.

King played in four games as a redshirt junior this past season and had two catches for 15 yards. He played in 12 games in 2017.

Matt Zenitz is an Alabama and Auburn reporter for the Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @mzenitz.

Good to luck to him!

Somebody here posted a pic of him at spring practice with his hot girlfriend. Good luck but I'm sorry to see you go. Yes the WR field was crowded and you weren't going to see much playing time, but where are you going to go do better?

3 minutes ago, API said:

Somebody here posted a pic of him at spring practice with his hot girlfriend. Good luck but I'm sorry to see you go. Yes the WR field was crowded and you weren't going to see much playing time, but where are you going to go do better?

Maybe he just wants to play somewhere where he'll see the field and catch passes.  Non power 5 would be my guess.

1 minute ago, API said:

In football or in girlfriends? 😁

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

In football or in girlfriends? 😁

Yes.

I think he’s just testing the market. Maybe looking for another place where a scholarship would be offered and he could play more. Or maybe just a place to play more. He doesn’t have to leave. 

It would not surprise me to see a couple more WR's transfer.   With so many on the roster and guys wanting to get on the field one more time before their college careers are over.

16 hours ago, alexava said:

I think he’s just testing the market. Maybe looking for another place where a scholarship would be offered and he could play more. Or maybe just a place to play more. He doesn’t have to leave. 

Good point. And he's not a centerpiece guy or some disgruntled freshman who's going to threaten the staff's plans for the future by testing the waters. Between that and him being a walk-on initially, I don't think Auburn cares much from a roster management perspective. 

I'm a little confused by this- if he was a walk on and got a scholarship, why wouldn't he just wait till graduating to move on as a thank you, of sorts? It's is a little strange to me. He was already a walk on, meaning he originally could have gone other places I'd bet.

I dunno, just an odd transfer memo.

7 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I'm a little confused by this- if he was a walk on and got a scholarship, why wouldn't he just wait till graduating to move on as a thank you, of sorts? It's is a little strange to me. He was already a walk on, meaning he originally could have gone other places I'd bet.

I dunno, just an odd transfer memo.

Eh, could be a million reasons that a person might want to change schools. A million and one for a guy who's really good at football but not as good as the likes of Seth Williams and Anthony Schwartz. Lots of good possibilities offered throughout the thread. 

Hell, I'd be willing to transfer too if I'd gone through the rigorous workouts, practices, S&C, meetings upon meetings, AND carry a full academic load and rarely ever saw meaningful PT during the season. Being a part of a P5 football programs is brutal when an athlete is trying to balance the "student" part with the "athlete" part - at some point you just have to weigh the pro's/con's and test the waters for other options.

If the thinks he can get on a lower level school and get on the field, then I wish him the best.  

23 hours ago, API said:

Somebody here posted a pic of him at spring practice with his hot girlfriend.

Link or it didn’t happen 

I wish him the best wherever he lands & hope he catches some big time passes as long as they are not against Auburn!

Archived