Take That Pelosi

Proud Tiger

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

That's usually what happens when someone posts something negative about a prominent Dem and the Trump haters go nuts. Look at the evidence and my prediction in the OP.

That wasn't a negative post about Pelosi and I don't think any of us Trump haters took it as that. All it really shows is how petty Trump is.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That wasn't a negative post about Pelosi and I don't think any of us Trump haters took it as that. All it really shows is how petty Trump is.

So Pelosi is not being petty? I don't hate anyone but I do dislike Pelosi and always have. So the shoe is just on the other foot but isn't tolerated.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

You really think he should be giving a state of the union right now?

file.jpg

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You really think he should be giving a state of the union right now?

Sure, no reason not to. Homeland Security and the SS say it's OK. Pelosi didn't bother to ask them.

17 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Sure, no reason not to. Homeland Security and the SS say it's OK. Pelosi didn't bother to ask them.

You know what. I'll conceed with you on this. There is a lot of pettiness going on right now. But that still wasn't a negative post about Pelosi. It was a post about Trump being petty. Either way, I really don't think she cares. Y'all act like she was going to Jamaica to lay on the beach.

29 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You know what. I'll conceed with you on this. There is a lot of pettiness going on right now. But that still wasn't a negative post about Pelosi. It was a post about Trump being petty. Either way, I really don't think she cares. Y'all act like she was going to Jamaica to lay on the beach.

She just spent a week in Hawaii doing that so didn't need to;D

16 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

She just spent a week in Hawaii doing that so didn't need to;D

For her Christmas holiday. How dare her go on vacation during the holidays.

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Hold on Brad, it was Pelosi that suddenly made such a public concern about safety and lamely used it as a threat to put off the State of the Union. That's the issue, not whether Trump has taken any trips during the shutdown. Trump never canceled any Democrat's previous trip during the shutdown before now. Last I checked Pelosi returned from Hawaii 2 weeks ago(just in time to be elected Speaker again) and Trump didn't cancel her trip to Hawaii(during the shutdown). It wasn't until she decided to try and derail the State of the Union that Trump returned the favor by canceling her(and other Democrats) trip.

I have no problem with criticism of Trump but I do take issue when one side is blatantly attempting a political move to put off the State of the Union and gets praised for it, but when Trump responds with an equally political move he gets most of the criticism. I don't see how the people that dislike Trump so much can objectively say he started it by canceling a trip.........  And no Trump's not innocent in this, that's not my position on this. I want to make that clear. 

Fair, but here's an honest question because I don't know the answer.  Did Pelosi take a military plane to Hawaii?  If so, that vastly changes the narrative for me.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'd like to think that if I saw that it hurt your feelings, I wouldn't continue. But I just can't, for the life of me, figure out how that silly movie quote affects you like that.

Don't go down this rabbit hole.  It's mind numbing.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Don't go down this rabbit hole.  It's mind numbing.

product-silo-elderberry-2.png

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Fair, but here's an honest question because I don't know the answer.  Did Pelosi take a military plane to Hawaii?  If so, that vastly changes the narrative for me.

I can't find anything about this Hawaii trip except for negative conservative drivel. She was spotted at a Hawaii resort on Christmas holiday. She hadn't been sworn in a speaker of the house on the 27th. The Democrats hadn't taken over the house on December 27th, but the government was shut down, due to Trump shutting it down. So basically Trump gets upset that they won't give him what he wants, shuts down the government while his party formally has control, and everyone is expected to sit in Washington for their Christmas knowing he isn't going to negotiate with them. Yeaaa, screw that. It's his shutdown. Until he's ready to set aside Ann Coulter's opinion and negotiate, he can just sit in his office and own HIS shutdown. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I can't find anything about this Hawaii trip except for negative conservative drivel. She was spotted at a Hawaii resort on Christmas holiday. She hadn't been sworn in a speaker of the house on the 27th. The Democrats hadn't taken over the house on December 27th, but the government was shut down, due to Trump shutting it down. So basically Trump gets upset that they won't give him what he wants, shuts down the government while his party formally has control, and everyone is expected to sit in Washington for their Christmas knowing he isn't going to negotiate with them. Yeaaa, screw that. It's his shutdown. Until he's ready to set aside Ann Coulter's opinion and negotiate, he can just sit in his office and own HIS shutdown. 

Exactly.  Assuming Pelosi wasn't traveling on a government plane, and I doubt she was because it was non-official business, then it's an apples and oranges comparison.

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't know the answer either but if I had to guess I doubt she took a military plane on the trip to Hawaii. 

Trump took a trip to McAllen, TX correct? Wouldn't visiting the border be considered a part of national security? Also, it wasn't just Trump alone that went on the trip. Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan and head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Lt. Gen. Todd T. Semonite all went with Trump to Texas. Had Trump went by himself or just his family to Texas, then I'd probably be with you on that. But when you take into account who all went with Trump, which included the head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers then that changes it for me. 

I honestly think Trump would have allowed Pelosi and the other Democrats to use a military plane to go on their scheduled trip and would not have canceled it had Pelosi not pulled a stunt to try to put off the State of the Union. 

11 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I don't know the answer either but if I had to guess I doubt she took a military plane on the trip to Hawaii. 

Trump took a trip to McAllen, TX correct? Wouldn't visiting the border be considered a part of national security? Also, it wasn't just Trump alone that went on the trip. Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan and head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Lt. Gen. Todd T. Semonite all went with Trump to Texas. Had Trump went by himself or just his family to Texas, then I'd probably be with you on that. But when you take into account who all went with Trump, which included the head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers then that changes it for me. 

I honestly think Trump would have allowed Pelosi and the other Democrats to use a military plane to go on their scheduled trip and would not have canceled it had Pelosi not pulled a stunt to try to put off the State of the Union. 

I'm not so sure the visit could be made in the interest of national security here.  My basic point though is what's good for the goose is good for gander.  He shouldn't be shaming her use of a military plane when he is using one during the shutdown too.  Just screams hypocrisy.

As for the SotU, I'm ok with a postponement.  Pelosi is right that the Consitution makes no specific date or month requirement for that speech.  Re-open the government and then have that charade of a speech (which it has been for decades now).

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not so sure the visit could be made in the interest of national security here.  My basic point though is what's good for the goose is good for gander.  He shouldn't be shaming her use of a military plane when he is using one during the shutdown too.  Just screams hypocrisy.

Well we'll just agree to disagree to an extent. Trump is (breaking news)being petty and hypocritical for sure. But again, it's not just about Pelosi and the Dems using a military plane for a scheduled trip in my view.  Trump only did this as payback for Pelosi threatening to put off the State of the Union. And if security for the State of the Union was an issue(which it wasn't) then Pelosi shouldn't have just sent a letter to Trump asking him to cancel it but instead went to a scheduled meeting with the Secret Service to address her concerns. Instead she just wanted to fire up the base on the left by trying to  stall Trump from having the State of the Union.  And she'll probably dig her heels in now that Trump nixed their trip.

Both sides are hypocrites. Pelosi argues that security for the State of the Union should be a concern and  Trump should cancel it, but then Pelosi wants to use military plane(with security going with them) to go on a trip. Come on.......

23 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I don't mean to derail the thread, but why would anyone want an open border? I know why, I'm just want to hear your defense of it.

No one on this board has advocated for an open border.  Ever.  If you're going to join the conversation, please keep up.

9 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Pres. Trump shows hypocritical Nancy two can play her game and tells her to delay her trip to Europe and no use of military airplane until shutdown is over. Way to go Mr. Pres.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-denies-pelosi-aircraft-for-foreign-trip-in-response-to-call-for-state-of-the-union-delay

Now I will just sit back and watch the Trump haters cringe with their panties in a wad. Wonder who will be first.

The oldest child on the site endorses the infantile President. Expected.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

These are hilarious.  :lol:

When you were partying, I studied the blade. When you were having premarital sex, I mastered the blockchain. While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity, I cultivated inner strength. And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help? 

Archived