Playing Akron in 2021

aujeff11

On 1/18/2019 at 7:41 AM, TigerFanAU said:

very happy to see this. Playing a P5 at the beginning of the year has done very to little overall good.

I blame GUS!! 😂😭

These are the games I live for. We'll be excited hoping that we steam roll them and get a young QB some reps against an inferior team. Unfortunately, he'll only come in the last two drives and only be given the chance to hand the ball off.

Negativity aside, not sure what appeal Akron has but it feels like we've played them a few times in recent years.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

These are the games I live for. We'll be excited hoping that we steam roll them and get a young QB some reps against an inferior team. Unfortunately, he'll only come in the last two drives and only be given the chance to hand the ball off.

Negativity aside, not sure what appeal Akron has but it feels like we've played them a few times in recent years.

If by recent you mean 1988, because that's the only time we've ever played them.

6 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

If by recent you mean 1988, because that's the only time we've ever played them.

Lol wtf was I thinking... I swear in my mind I remember playing them and the narrative being something about playing against little coach Bowden... oh well

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Lol wtf was I thinking... I swear in my mind I remember playing them and the narrative being something about playing against little coach Bowden... oh well

You were drunk

The last time Auburn played Akron was n 1988. Pat Dye's Tigers shutout the Zips 42-0 in Jordan-Hare Stadium. The Tigers are 1-0 against the Zips.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

The last time Auburn played Akron was n 1988. Pat Dye's Tigers shutout the Zips 42-0 in Jordan-Hare Stadium. The Tigers are 1-0 against the Zips.

:timeout:

Archived