Prince Tega graded highest pass blocking

Tigerpro2a

Look at who number 2 was.... Very interesting...I thought the line did alot better in pass pro this year then we give credit for but JS was scared and ran from a clean pocket many times. Glad to have these two back

Maybe we will see some credit given to CGrimes on this board now and give all of us hope for next season!

The line as a whole was simply bad. Two spots were very, very bad. Making it tough to see the not so bad spots. However, it got better. 

Holding must not factor in to the equation. Williams from the turds holds on damn near every play but rarely gets flagged. Must say this is a little surprising, way to go guy's.

OL made a nice pocket for JS most of the time, but the center position was too weak too often. Hard to step up into the pocket when that’s where the pressure comes from

1 hour ago, PotPot said:

Maybe that’s why Stidham usually flushed to the left when he scrambled.

Or maybe that’s the side the handle was on! Oops, you meant something else.

Yes the line as a whole for most of season was sub-par to say the least....Center position was horrific....I think there is alot of potential if we can get better at center, and of course across the board as well but That was the worst spot by far IMO

35 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

2 good linemen doesn't make a great Oline.

And an Oline that is somewhat better than our Oline was early in the season is still not even remotely good enough. But maybe it will be this season. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Just makes it all the more mind-boggling we weren't pass-first the entire season. If we throw it like we did against Washington, we beat everyone but UGA and Bama.

Because you gotta have more than 2 good blockers, how did the other 3 (or 4 counting TE/H back) grade out? 

36 minutes ago, rophle said:

Because you gotta have more than 2 good blockers, how did the other 3 (or 4 counting TE/H back) grade out? 

I assure you the entire line graded out better as pass blockers than run blockers.

Add that to the fact our deepest and most talented position is wideout. Add that to the fact that we returned an NFL prospect at quarterback. Add that to the fact that our offensive coordinator was pass-first. Add that to the fact that we were underwhelming and inexperienced at runningback.

It is mind boggling that Gus just HAD to try to force his run-first philosophy on this year's team. We should have thrown the football 40 times a game. 

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Look at who number 2 was.... Very interesting...I thought the line did alot better in pass pro this year then we give credit for but JS was scared and ran from a clean pocket many times. Glad to have these two back

PFF just lost a ton of credibility. 

Has PFF ever been critiqued by anyone?  Like, how do their top graded players fair in the NFL draft.  I've seen several questionable grades from them in the past but am too lazy to do any type of critique other than the eye test and the smell test.

Now Tega can take that next step. Not rushing off to the draft after one full year of starting. But coming back to build on that progress is what can pay off for him. In reality he’s still learning the position if not the game itself. We could see a real stud at left tackle in 19. Or it could go to his head and he could reverse like Horton did. I think they all improve. 

Archived