Prince Tega graded highest pass blocking

Tigerpro2a

Auburn needs Tega, Harrell and Horton to improve leaps and bounds not only for the team but for future recruiting.   If these 3 can get themselves drafted and on a roster it will speed up recruiting potential.  If not it is gonna probably take a staff change.

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Auburn needs Tega, Harrell and Horton to improve leaps and bounds not only for the team but for future recruiting.   If these 3 can get themselves drafted and on a roster it will speed up recruiting potential.  If not it is gonna probably take a staff change.

Horton more so. But for some reason I do think he has it in him.  Center worries me. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Horton more so. But for some reason I do think he has it in him.  Center worries me. 

agreed.  I am convinced he had a series of minor injuries that he was playing through.   I thought he was gonna be a beast last year.  I am hoping Brahms has a huge off season, I think he has that meanness, but was thinking too much and not playing last year.

Most the pressure came up the middle.  See the LSU game where Devin White was almost taking handoffs from from Stid.

Question....did we not use Horton at Center some two years ago? Or was it Harrell? I know one of them play Center some due to other injuries on the line if my memory is correct....So...if Kim and/or Brahms dont make leaps and bounds of improvement....why not slide Horton/Harrell over to Center and plug Trox in to the remaining Guard spot...IDK....

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Question....did we not use Horton at Center some two years ago? Or was it Harrell? I know one of them play Center some due to other injuries on the line if my memory is correct....So...if Kim and/or Brahms dont make leaps and bounds of improvement....why not slide Horton/Harrell over to Center and plug Trox in to the remaining Guard spot...IDK....

Horton can’t play center. Guard has him occupied at the moment. But I do think he was mentioned prior to last season as a possible center. He didn’t play as well as expected and someone above suggested it could have been unspoken injuries. I think it might have gotten complacent and not worked as hard as he should have, along with the rest of the linemen. Hopefully if that’s the case they all have seen the light. 

On 1/18/2019 at 5:50 PM, bigbird said:

Next up is Kim as the 548th best center

My sources say it was closer to 600, but they might have been exaggerating a tad. :)

On 1/18/2019 at 3:20 PM, AUDevil said:

2 good linemen doesn't make a great Oline.

This is exactly it. It is better to have five average O-Linemen then have an average O-Line comprised of two good, one average, and two poor O-Linemen.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:40 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

I met Brahms over the summer. Im guessing that back to back seasons with a broken leg had him contemplating the future then. He is an aviation major and knows what life he could have if he pursued it harder thanks to family ties.  Unless he fully commits he won’t see his potential on the field and I believe he has that potential. It doesn’t help that rehab is difficult to complete with a break, albeit not impossible. Ultimately whatever he chooses is a good choice, but it is still a choice that needs to be made. I wish him the best either way.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

WF

Just like our top end was even better than what I (and I think most here) had expected, I’m curious to know how the rest fared - for good or for bad. And I’m not so much interested in the number, but how they ranked against other OL.

On 1/22/2019 at 7:09 PM, tigerwings said:

I met Brahms over the summer. Im guessing that back to back seasons with a broken leg had him contemplating the future then. He is an aviation major and knows what life he could have if he pursued it harder thanks to family ties.  Unless he fully commits he won’t see his potential on the field and I believe he has that potential. It doesn’t help that rehab is difficult to complete with a break, albeit not impossible. Ultimately whatever he chooses is a good choice, but it is still a choice that needs to be made. I wish him the best either way.

Well its good to hear that he has a good path ahead of him and a bright future. I will add though that i believe any player given a full ride to pursue such opportunities should give their all or quit. Nothing is worth doing less than 110%. My Father told me that if you are on the practive field or in the game and you think to yourself that you are giving all you have....you havent scratched the surface because if you had truly been giving everything you had you wouldnt have the energy left to process that thought....funny but it always stuck with me

Archived