Saban visit by helicopter to Jackson-Olin

tinman

• ellitor changed the title to Saban visit by helicopter to Jackson-Olin
36 minutes ago, tinman said:

Who is he visiting?  And are we recruiting this player?

Visit was to Jackson-Olin where TD Moultry & Coynis Miller went to school. In recent years the school had strong AU connections. 2020 AU commit Quan Robinson is in school there now.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Visit was to Jackson-Olin where TD Moultry & Coynis Miller went to school. In recent years the school had strong AU connections. 2020 AU commit Quan Robinson is in school there now.

Yes talent rich. I believe Bama has a couple players in the 2020 class already committed from J-Olin. 

32 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Do you have a link? Wenonah where? I know of a couple of Wenonahs? Where did you get this info from?

My bad.  I said Wenonah but it was Jackson Olin.  Al.com has a video.  Looks like an emperor flying in to his adoring citizens.  Jackson Olin is a suburb of Birmingham & as ellitor states below, had given Au some players recently.  They also have Quinnen Williams as an alumni.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I believe Bama has a couple players in the 2020 class already committed from J-Olin.

None. They have a couple from Trusville.

3 minutes ago, tinman said:

Wenonah is a suburb of Birmingham & as ellitor states below, had given Au some players recently.  They also have Quinnen Williams as an alumni.

Saban visited J-O High. Quinnen went to school at Wenonah High. Unless there's been a merger, it's 2 different schools. Crazy thing is when Quinnen flipped from AU to Bama he went against the entire core of his immediate family who are AU fans.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Saban visited J-O High. Quinnen went to school at Wenonah High. Unless there's been a merger, it's 2 different schools. Crazy thing is when Quinnen flipped from AU to Bama he went against the entire core of his immediate family who are AU fans.

Can you imagine if we had Q Williams and D Brown anchoring our Dline last year

40 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

speaking of beavers, I saw one in the neighborhood pond the other day...it was big...are those things dangerous to approach?

They can be very aggressive.  There was an incident a couple of years ago when a beaver bit into a guy’s leg and chomped on an artery.  The guy died. 

Folks need to get rid of the beaver(s) in the neighborhood pond.  

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Can you imagine if we had Q Williams and D Brown anchoring our Dline last year

I had a conversation recently with an AU fan and a Bama fan and we all agreed that there’s no way Q Williams becomes a physical specimen like he did at Bama. Maybe we’re all crazy but he just looks like a Bama bred DL ya know? That Deer Antler Spray they use over there is different than our’s. 

Remember when ur coaches would visit school in a long Hummer or an Auburn big bus for a few years. However ever, for some reason the NCAA or the SEC put a stop to that. Now you Saban flying to schools in a helicopter. Looks like there should some rule using a helicopter to visit high school players.

38 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I had a conversation recently with an AU fan and a Bama fan and we all agreed that there’s no way Q Williams becomes a physical specimen like he did at Bama. Maybe we’re all crazy but he just looks like a Bama bred DL ya know? That Deer Antler Spray they use over there is different than our’s. 

FWIW @Hunter48 has seen how Bama does their S&C & says they are on the up & up. He says they just have a better S&C system although I can't explain it like he can.

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Remember when ur coaches would visit school in a long Hummer or an Auburn big bus for a few years. However ever, for some reason the NCAA or the SEC put a stop to that. Now you Saban flying to schools in a helicopter. Looks like there should some rule using a helicopter to visit high school players.

Well he's not the only one to use a helicopter so it's not a Saban thing if that's what you are thinking.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW @Hunter48 has seen how Bama does their S&C & says they are on the up & up. He says they just have a better S&C system although I can't explain it like he can.

This is what I was getting at. Think their conditioning and stuff is just different. 

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

This is what I was getting at. Think their conditioning and stuff is just different. 

Well sure, after the workouts those deer antler spray milkshakes make it very different. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yea....i think that is a big problem  ( one of many ) with our Offensive Line.....they just looked weak. Kim been in the system for what 2 or 3 years...and just getting handled. We definitelty could use an upgrade to our S/C program in whatever form that may be. 

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yea....i think that is a big problem  ( one of many ) with our Offensive Line.....they just looked weak. Kim been in the system for what 2 or 3 years...and just getting handled. We definitelty could use an upgrade to our S/C program in whatever form that may be. 

Don't forget--Gus brought the S&C coach with him from Arky St. He's obviously one of Gus's yes men. As long as AUBURN keeps Gus, AUBURN will keep the S&C coach. 

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ladamien Webb and Beauregard played Wenonah in the 5a state championship and I barely remember Q. Williams name being called the whole game. Funny how he got so much better.

Is a helicopter coach the same thing as a helicopter parent? :dunno: In this case I'd say yes. The kid should know his life isn't his own anymore. 

Archived