Saban visit by helicopter to Jackson-Olin

tinman

So, the same coach who rips players for switching commitments away from bammer, has no qualms with players who switch their commitment to bammer. Very interesting. Can you say, Big-a$$ed hypocrite?

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

As long as Gus doesn’t crap the bed next season we are good here. 

What would you consider a crap the bed season for next year, WDE?

4 hours ago, FormerlySec38Row34 said:

the same coach who rips players for switching commitments away from bammer, has no qualms with players who switch their commitment to bammer. Very interesting.

This is almost literally every coach in college football. Some just hide it better than others.

2 hours ago, bigsixfive said:

uat coach shows up in a helicopter - he's a busy man with places to be, perfectly ok.

Again. Not exclusive to Bama. A number of coaches have used copters for high school visits the past few years.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Again. Not exclusive to Bama. A number of coaches have used copters for high school visits the past few years.

Ellitor - You are in the know - we can't use a limo but a helicopter is acceptable.  What does the ncaa allow ?

9 minutes ago, AU '76 said:

Ellitor - You are in the know

Not in the know.

9 minutes ago, AU '76 said:

What does the ncaa allow ?

Don't know. That kind of detail is likely very hard to find.

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

<insert school> coach shows up in a helicopter - he's a busy man with places to be, perfectly ok.

My point was the absurdity of shutting down a long car but being fine with a helicopter (especially to a metropolitan area less than an hour's drive away from campus).

1 hour ago, bigsixfive said:

<insert school> coach shows up in a helicopter - he's a busy man with places to be, perfectly ok.

My point was the absurdity of shutting down a long car but being fine with a helicopter (especially to a metropolitan area less than an hour's drive away from campus).

It was almost a decade ago for the limo. I don’t see the point in still hashing about it .

I haven’t seen anyone complain about Gus giving recruits a ride in his fancy car. Gus gets to do that so big deal that other coaches use helicopters.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

8-5 again and whipping by your rivals. 

I hate to say it and I’m definitely not happy with our 8-5 perennial seasons but 8–5 may not be that bad next year given the schedule and how four of our toughest games are away from The Plains if we are competitive in all games. A blowout in one or two of those games with that record or a bad loss white Tennessee this year with that record then I completely agree that 8-5 would be crapping the bed.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I hate to say it and I’m definitely not happy with our 8-5 perennial seasons but 8–5 may not be that bad next year given the schedule and how four of our toughest games are away from The Plains if we are competitive in all games. A blowout in one or two of those games with that record or a bad loss white Tennessee this year with that record then I completely agree that 8-5 would be crapping the bed.

Four of our toughest are away? The two toughest are at home. 8-5 is terrible next year. No excuses to lose 5. 

32 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Four of our toughest are away? The two toughest are at home. 8-5 is terrible next year. No excuses to lose 5. 

Agree,  really cannot tolerate anything less that this  

Split games OR and @FL. = A loss  

Split road games @aTm and @LSU = Second loss  

Split home games w/GA and Bama = Third loss. 

Win all other games,  and it would be a good season knowing that we also broke in a new QB. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

4 of our toughest 6 yes away from JHS, All teams in the way to early top 12. Oregon, LSU, Texas A&M, & Florida. Not to mention Bama & UGA at home. We could be a good team & easily go 8-5 given how tough that schedule could be. If we win the rest & go 1-5 in those 6 game being competitive in all games, even though it would royally suck to lose 5, it is not a given that would be crapping the bed. It could be but it's not a given. Regardless it would probably cost his job.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

of our toughest 6 yes away from JHS, All teams in the way to early top 12. Oregon, LSU, Texas A&M, & Florida. Not to mention Bama & UGA at home. We could be a good team & easily go 8-5 given how tough that schedule could be.

Should definitely blame the GOB that retreated to a fundraising job at Florida. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:28 PM, AURandy56 said:

Don't forget--Gus brought the S&C coach with him from Arky St. He's obviously one of Gus's yes men. As long as AUBURN keeps Gus, AUBURN will keep the S&C coach. 

Don't forget that he was at Auburn before he went to Arky St.  So he was here for while.  I know what you are getting at but you are not telling the whole story...and yes it was a Gus guy....Ryan Russell

On 1/19/2019 at 2:46 PM, bigsixfive said:

AU coach shows up in a limo - too excessive.

uat coach shows up in a helicopter - he's a busy man with places to be, perfectly ok.

Using a helicopter is not an unusual method of transportation for college HCs.  In some places (Texas/Cali/FL) there's a lot of ground to cover in a short period of time.  As long as the HC's aren't breaking ncaa rules by overloading a high school with more than two coaches visiting at the same time, then it's not against the rules.

Auburn chose to market their "Tiger Prowl" with up to half a dozen coaches in a decked out limo.  They announced their predetermine destinations, used banners/decals and fielded media reporters, etc. to make a statement that Auburn was on the prowl and ready to make a stand to fight for recruiting grounds, i.e. Mobile/Hoover. 

It was an excellent and innovative marketing & recruiting tool, just like when AU guaranteed 4 yr scholarships - another great tool to try to take the upper hand.  High schools and kids were buzzing, HS offices phones were ringing off the hook with folks wanting to know when the Tiger Prowl was coming to their school.  The media showed up, kids ran out for pics and snap shots of the AU coaches/limo's and it was a ton of energy and excitement generated by the Tiger Prowl.    

Unfortunately the ncaa nixed the "Tours", restricted schools to no more than two asst coaches from visiting a recruit at the same time or in the same day.  I suppose they considered it an unfair advantage?  IDK

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Saban looks out over his all hands on deck Monday morning staff meeting:

51faeefe6b4e4.image.jpg

"Where's Dan?  Where the HELL is Dan?"😠

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Saban looks out over his all hands on deck Monday morning staff meeting:

51faeefe6b4e4.image.jpg

4th row, 5th chair from the left... I think Saban is sitting there. You can't see him because he forgot his booster seat. :)

Archived