March for life coverage

japantiger

33 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

According to Nathan Phillips the indiginious were at the end of their march when the group of students broke off and began approaching black Israelites. Phillips says words were exchanged so he stepped between the two groups. 

Ha! So instead of correcting the completely bogus story blasted all over the world (#fakenews) the media can blast the Trumpsters for being racist anti-semites as well. Well played!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Ha! So instead of correcting the completely bogus story blasted all over the world (#fakenews) the media can blast the Trumpsters for being racist anti-semites as well. Well played!

Obvious Ben, Elle, HVAU, and Homey ate sh!t and liked it. What's new? (And pardon me if I missed any sh!t eaters)

15 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Obvious Ben, Elle, HVAU, and Homey ate sh!t and liked it. What's new? (And pardon me if I missed an sh!t eaters)

Really LMAO.  Post of the year so far.:nanner:

They also ate Buzzfed's crap.

41 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Obvious Ben, Elle, HVAU, and Homey ate sh!t and liked it. What's new? (And pardon me if I missed any sh!t eaters)

I did, and I’ll gladly admit it and walk it back. 

And I don’t like it. That I fell for propaganda is actually very embarrassing for me. 

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

The full video definitely paints a completely different picture.

Damage is probably already done though. 

So true.  Congressman John Yarmuth (D-KY) is calling for "a total and complete shutdown of teenagers wearing MAGA hats until we can figure out what's going on." I'll take 'Doesn't understand the First Amendment' for $200, Alex

2 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

So true.  Congressman John Yarmuth (D-KY) is calling for "a total and complete shutdown of teenagers wearing MAGA hats until we can figure out what's going on." I'll take 'Doesn't understand the First Amendment' for $200, Alex

I think he’s being snarky with the MAGA hat thing, but no doubt he bit too looking at his next tweet. 

5 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

That may be the saddest thing I've ever seen if it is legit.

Just now, Grumps said:

That may be the saddest thing I've ever seen if it is legit.

It’s real

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

It’s real

John Allan Yarmuth is an American politician and former newspaper editor serving as the U.S. Representative for Kentucky's 3rd congressional district since 2007. His district encompasses the vast majority of the Louisville Metro Area.

He is a former newspaper editor. That explains everything!

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Yep, and I bit, hook, line and sinker.

Easy to do....been there...

Pretty clear this was edited with what can only be assumed to be malicious intent to mislead and tell a too good to be true liberal MAGA-hate piece...

37 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I did, and I’ll gladly admit it and walk it back. 

And I don’t like it. That I fell for propaganda is actually very embarrassing for me. 

#respect

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

How was your filet? :laugh:

SO it was cold poolside I tell you. Below freezing I'd guess, but well worth it. Had them cut at Publix and they were spectacular. Snake Handler and friends kept me company.

Really easy cut to prepare. EVO, salt and pepper. These were specifically cut thick, so 5 minutes per side. Perfect medium rare. 

Guest are moaning. Really good sign.  

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

I think Nathan Phillips provided an eye witness perspective. What you fail to note is the school apologized for the behavior of the students which indicates they knew that the students had done wrong and weren’t being mischaracterized since they would have had witnesses there who would have observedstudents behaviors. 

I don’t approve or disapprove of this video. It’s just a different perspective. 

So ... essentially, it was all a misunderstanding.  Link

You can judge for yourself. Here is video footage of the full incident, from the perspective of the black nationalists. Phillips enters the picture around the 1:12 mark, but if you skip to that part, you miss an hour of the Black Hebrew Israelites hurling obscenities at the students. They call them crackers, gays, and pedophiles. At the 1:20 mark (which comes after the Phillips incident) they call one of the few black students the n-word and tell him that his friends are going to murder him and steal his organs. At the 1:25 mark, they complain that "you give gays rights," which prompted booing from the students. Throughout the video they threaten the kids with violence, and attempt to goad them into attacking first. The students resisted these taunts admirably: They laughed at the hecklers, and they perform a few of their school's sports cheers.

It was at this moment that Phillips, who had attended a nearby peace protest led by indigenous peoples, decided to intervene. He would later tell The Detroit Free Press that the teenagers "were in the process of attacking these four black individuals" and he decided to attempt to de-escalate the situation. He seems profoundly mistaken: The video footage taken by the black nationalists shows no evidence the white teenagers had any intention of attacking. Nevertheless, Phillips characterized the kids as "beasts" and the hate-group members as "their prey":

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

Again, all the evidence suggests that Phillips got it backward.

Peaceful protest by the teens, harassed by the Black Hebrew Israelites, Native American drummer misread the whole thing and inserts himself into the group of teens in order to de-escalate a possibly worst confrontation.  Oh yeah, and the media (initially, at least) gets it totes wrong.  

46 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I think Nathan Phillips provided an eye witness perspective. What you fail to note is the school apologized for the behavior of the students which indicates they knew that the students had done wrong and weren’t being mischaracterized since they would have had witnesses there who would have observedstudents behaviors. 

I don't think it mattered whether the students were being mischaracterized or not. The response the school received was so vitriolic, they had no choice but to apologize. 

43 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Where do I start? I don't know who Nathan Phillips is, but does he have any less motivation to mislead the public than all of the people who shared the FAKENEWS? Do you really think that the school would not apologize no matter what when they are being inundated with complaints by influential people/groups including the Roman Catholic diocese? Even if the kids did act inappropriately when the guys banging drums and videoing moved into their group, do you think the guys confronting the kids are responsible at all? My guess is that if a group of white guys beating drums confronted a group of minority kids like that then you would feel differently.

In fairness to Elle, I seriously doubt she'd read all articles detailing the reporting error when she posted. I imagine after doing so her opinion will change. It happens.

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

Where do I start? I don't know who Nathan Phillips is, but does he have any less motivation to mislead the public than all of the people who shared the FAKENEWS? Do you really think that the school would not apologize no matter what when they are being inundated with complaints by influential people/groups including the Roman Catholic diocese? Even if the kids did act inappropriately when the guys banging drums and videoing moved into their group, do you think the guys confronting the kids are responsible at all? My guess is that if a group of white guys beating drums confronted a group of minority kids like that then you would feel differently.

Nathan Phillips is the NA drummer. He is a Vietnam Vet and an activist for NA rights. What about his statement do you feel is misleading? He stated HE moved in between students and the Israelite group whom he said were insulting the HS group. And considering that the Catholics have constantly defended and covered up sexual assault despite international outrage , I’d say an apology by them says quite a lot. 

Drums are a part of NA culture so this isn’t the equivalent of a threat as you’d like to spin it. False equivalency, look it up. The chaperones of this group of kids should have never allowed them to approach a group of protesters. Does Turn the other cheek sound like something a Christian school would practice? I’m sorry but when you are an educator you don’t let students walk into a situation that could potentially be dangerous. In this political environment, I would have been leery to even take students to a political event. Activism can be taught in your own community. 

Bottom line, you don’t want to be labeled a racist then don’t wear a hat with a slogan by a racist and stand in front of a brown person smirking. 

3 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

So ... essentially, it was all a misunderstanding.  Link

Peaceful protest by the teens, harassed by the Black Hebrew Israelites, Native American drummer misread the whole thing and inserts himself into the group of teens in order to de-escalate a possibly worst confrontation.  Oh yeah, and the media (initially, at least) gets it totes wrong.  

The Black Hebrew Israelites are way out there. In fact, the SPLC has covered them. 

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2008/racist-black-hebrew-israelites-becoming-more-militant

The black supremacist wing of the Hebrew Israelite movement is spreading and its leaders are growing increasingly militant

BALTIMORE — Despite the hellish heat on this spring Saturday morning in gritty West Baltimore, the five Hebrew Israelite priests loitering near a West Franklin Street storefront are draped in heavy robes, and their heads are wrapped in matching white, red and black cloths. Star of David emblems swing from their necklaces and are embroidered into their fabrics. One priest holds a staff.

Around them, security guards wear black headscarves, black T-shirts and black military-style pants tucked into combat boots. They grip cell phones and billy clubs. On their belts are sheaths and holsters, some empty, others holding blades and guns. The guards flit back and forth across the street, between the parking lot of an apartment complex that police say is notorious for drug-related crimes and a building with covered windows and a bolted front door.

Behind that locked door is the Baltimore branch of the Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ, a black supremacist sect headquartered in New York City. Obsessed with hatred for whites and Jews, the leaders of the Israelite Church have managed to build up 29 church branches in recent years.

They are not alone.

Around the country, thousands of men and women have joined black supremacist groups on the extremist fringe of the Hebrew Israelite movement, a black nationalist theology that dates back to the 19th century. Its doctrine asserts that African Americans are God's true chosen people because they, not the people known to the world today as Jews, are the real descendants of the Hebrews of the Bible. Although most Hebrew Israelites are neither explicitly racist nor anti-Semitic and do not advocate violence, there is a rising extremist sector within the Hebrew Israelite movement whose adherents believe that Jews are devilish impostors and who openly condemn whites as evil personified, deserving only death or slavery.

28 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Nathan Phillips is the NA drummer. He is a Vietnam Vet and an activist for NA rights. What about his statement do you feel is misleading? He stated HE moved in between students and the Israelite group whom he said were insulting the HS group. And considering that the Catholics have constantly defended and covered up sexual assault despite international outrage , I’d say an apology by them says quite a lot. 

Drums are a part of NA culture so this isn’t the equivalent of a threat as you’d like to spin it. False equivalency, look it up. The chaperones of this group of kids should have never allowed them to approach a group of protesters. Does Turn the other cheek sound like something a Christian school would practice? I’m sorry but when you are an educator you don’t let students walk into a situation that could potentially be dangerous. In this political environment, I would have been leery to even take students to a political event. Activism can be taught in your own community. 

Bottom line, you don’t want to be labeled a racist then don’t wear a hat with a slogan by a racist and stand in front of a brown person smirking. 

Fixed it for you.

"Drums are a part of NA culture so this isn’t the equivalent of a threat as you’d like to spin it."

Freedom to wear a hat is part of the non-NA culture.

"Bottom line, you don’t want to be labeled a racist then don’t wear a hat with a slogan by a racist and stand in front of a brown person smirking. "

Bottom line, you don’t want to be labeled a racist then don’t be white. 

Archived