March for life coverage

japantiger

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:
  12 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

You want to prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortion, teach your gender to keep their dick in their pants because males are responsible for 100% of unwanted pregnancies. 

I pretty much agree with you on everything Elle, but this bit confused me. Are you saying that they are the only ones responsible, or that they are also responsible?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Elle and others should make that this their screen saver as a regular reminder.

Perhaps you should make it yours as a reminder for when Republicans try to eliminate women's health services.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/it-rsquo-s-time-to-end-the-war-on-women-rsquo-s-health/

It’s Time to End the War on Women’s Health

Republican efforts to dismantle U.S. health care unfairly target one gender

" The Trump administration also has been chipping away at the ACA's birth-control mandate. A proposed regulation leaked in May suggested the White House was working to create an exemption to allow almost any employer to opt out of covering contraception on religious or moral grounds........

..... Decreased coverage for contraceptives translates to less widespread use and will likely mean more unintended pregnancies and abortions."

Have we all been duped by the shoddy "reporting" on this incident?  Like many of you, I believed the initial reporting:  native American, Vietnam vet, harassed/mocked by high school aged punks.  But now as the facts trickle in, we're finding out that all is not as it appears -- including, one Nathan Phillips.  His claim to be a Vietnam veteran & Marine Corps infantryman, specifically a "Recon Ranger" should be regarded with as much suspicion as his embellished version of the recent incident in front of the Lincoln Memorial. 

Stolen Valor? 

I have a nephew who's a Navy Corpsman currently serving with a Force Recon unit in the Middle East.  Phillip's claims, if found to be false, are particularly odious to actual veterans & their families. 

16 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

You’re obsessed with false equivalencies. 

If you don’t want to be labeled a racist then don’t politically support one. I’m white and I’m not labeled a racist. 

Wow! You are so woke! I can assure you that you are labeled a racist by many, but you are free to believe anything you want and wear any hat you want.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

What "fake story"?  It is a photo/video.  It is what it is. 

You folks really don't get it.

I was referring to the MANY news stories based on the video. You are being dishonest again.

2 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Wow! You are so woke! I can assure you that you are labeled a racist by many, but you are free to believe anything you want and wear any hat you want.

Really? Who labels me a racist? 

3 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

You are so damn clueless. You support a party that claims to be pro life yet puts children in cages, attempts to strip people of healthcare, despises programs that feed the hungry and has no regard for life outside the womb. If you’re so concerned about abortion then start by considering the reasons abortion is chosen. Your party will tell a woman she cannot have an abortion but put her rapist in the senate, the White House or the Supreme Court. Your party will tell a woman she has to be responsible for the life she created them work in direct opposition to her earning a living wage to support a child. Your party believes healthcare is a privilege and not a right. You can’t have an abortion and you can’t have healthcare for your child. Oh and forget about feeding that hungry child. They should work for their own food. You’re vipers and hypocrites. You want to prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortion, teach your gender to keep their dick in their pants because males are responsible for 100% of unwanted pregnancies. 

Well Elle, those pictures of kids in cages were actually from the Obama administration...Bill Clinton is the only accused Rapist POTUS (by multiple women) and female unemployment is at an all time low right now (3.4%); and now lower than male unemployment thus making it the best time in US history for a woman to earn a living wage to support a family....you're not really having a good day here Elle....

Oh, and there's still this:

Photo #12 of an aborted baby.

There are some here who refuse to accept that this “story” was not what it was originally purported to be. Also, I’ve seen some commenting about the young man not walking away and being arrogant. My question is, what role does the adult play in this. Is it okay for him to step into the personal space of the kid and then the kid is a jerk? I mean if they’d been on a sidewalk walking down the street and the kid purposely blocked him, that would be something different. 

1 hour ago, AUloggerhead said:

Have we all been duped by the shoddy "reporting" on this incident?  Like many of you, I believed the initial reporting:  native American, Vietnam vet, harassed/mocked by high school aged punks.  But now as the facts trickle in, we're finding out that all is not as it appears -- including, one Nathan Phillips.  His claim to be a Vietnam veteran & Marine Corps infantryman, specifically a "Recon Ranger" should be regarded with as much suspicion as his embellished version of the recent incident in front of the Lincoln Memorial. 

Stolen Valor? 

I have a nephew who's a Navy Corpsman currently serving with a Force Recon unit in the Middle East.  Phillip's claims, if found to be false, are particularly odious to actual veterans & their families. 

Recon Ranger is a term used by Force Recon personnel at least well into the 1980's...we even sang while we ran in formation "I want to be a recon ranger, live a life of sex and danger".... while at Ft Benning at jump school in Aug '81, we would sing "I want to be an Airborne Ranger....."; both services use the phrase "Ranger"... so that would not be an outrageous thing to claim; I don't know of any Marine who refers to themselves accordingly; but I can see someone of the era doing that. 

However, as to him being a  Vietnam vet; he apparently was only 17 when the last Marine's left Vietnam based on his reported age.  This makes the "Vietnam Vet" claim suspect .... he could be like Blumenthal ... Vietnam era; but not Vietnam combat vet; since we had some troops there at least until '75.  I suspect someone will now actually "commit journalism" and get to the bottom of this now that his harassment claim has been debunked by the video and sound track.

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I pretty much agree with you on everything Elle, but this bit confused me. Are you saying that they are the only ones responsible, or that they are also responsible?

I’m saying a woman didn’t get pregnant on her own. There was a male sperm donor. No one seems to acknowledge that when condemning abortion. All the blame is cast on the female. If a woman gets pregnant and the father doesn’t want to support the child, then the burden of proof falls to her as well as the expense. And Republicans march around like they give a **** about babies but support every policy that harms children. I haven’t seen one self proclaimed pro life politician do jack about kids getting massacred with guns. Heck when it comes right down to it, have you seen them even attempt to abolish abortion? NO, then they wouldn’t have that tool to manipulate voters into voting against their own interests.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Please quote the "lie" I told.

You don't have a clue.  I made a point about the nature of photos and you promptly supported it by providing more of back story on the General Load photo.  That photo was a major factor in turning American sentiment of the war.  But as you pointed out, it was generally justified and understandable once the full context was known.

My (only) point is such back stories are largely irrelevant to the impact of a iconic photo. The MAGA kid's expression and attitude are caught forever, regardless of what happened before.

(Ironically, you then offer up a tasteless photo of an illegal late term abortion without backstory to push an emotionally-based political position which has nothing to do with the discussion.)

Are you even capable of talking about something from an intellectual standpoint?  Or do you constantly have to lead with your belly button?

You are apparently over your head in such a discussion.

The childish point you are making is it's OK to lie by posting a picture out of context...It's lazy and intellectually dishonest.   At least the man who committed the deceitful act you trotted out was a big enough man to admit it....

The abortion picture was pointed at Elle for her posts...everything with her turns to "my body" bull**** as the ruse to cover up the purposeful dismemberment of a human being.  Keep up...she figured it out.

Has it really got to the point where we feel compelled to publish graphic photos of infants and children who have been drowned/dismembered/burned/starved/ etc., to support a political position?

As a forum, I don't think we should sink that low.  Things are bad enough as is.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Has it really got to the point where we fill we must publish photos of infants and children who have been drowned/dismembered/burned/starved/ etc., to support a political position?

I don't think we need to sink that low.

No Homey,  no one was burned or drowned in these...these are the result of an abortion...pretty simple...it is the intentional ending of a human life....homicide...want to support the policy; support all of it.  "Choice" is a convenient euphemism constructed by politicians to make their vile act palatable.

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

The childish point you are making is it's OK to lie by posting a picture out of context...It's lazy and intellectually dishonest.   At least the man who committed the deceitful act you trotted out was a big enough man to admit it....

The abortion picture was pointed at Elle for her posts...everything with her turns to "my body" bull**** as the ruse to cover up the purposeful dismemberment of a human being.  Keep up...she figured it out.

Again, you mindless oaf.  The thing about that photo that attracts me is that it's iconic.  I have been an amateur photographer much of my adult life and I know an iconic photo when I see one.  I don't really give a s*** what led up to the photo or what occurred after it.  All you really need to know is what you see - that's the thing about such photographs.

So, take your extended analysis of what "truth" it supposedly does- or does not - represent and shove it.  I don't care.

Still waiting on you quoting that "lie" I made, a**hole.

18 minutes ago, japantiger said:

No Homey,  no one was burned or drowned in these...these are the result of an abortion...pretty simple...it is the intentional ending of a human life....homicide...want to support the policy; support all of it.  "Choice" is a convenient euphemism constructed by politicians to make their vile act palatable.

My point stands, Jerk.

I hope you get what you want ASAP regarding abortion legislation. 

(Still waiting on that "lie" quote.)

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Again, you mindless oaf.  The thing about that photo that attracts me is that it's iconic.  I have been an amateur photographer much of my adult life and I know an iconic photo when I see one.  I don't really give a s*** what led up to the photo or what occurred after it.  All you really need to know is what you see - that's the thing about such photographs.

So, take your extended analysis of what "truth" it supposedly does- or does not - represent and shove it.  I don't care.

Still waiting on you quoting that "lie" I made, a**hole.

Yes, I know Homey, you don't care about the truth...if you did you wouldn't have jumped on this whole "MAGA Cracker insults poor Combat Vietnam NA Vet"....

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

I was referring to the MANY news stories based on the video. You are being dishonest again.

I wasn't referring to those articles. (Didn't read any of them, actually.)  I was referring to the photo/video -  the part that presumably sparked those reactions.

You are projecting what I think to suit your paradigm. And don't tell me I am being dishonest (again).  You don't know what I am thinking.  It's not my fault if so many of you folks don't understand my posts, it's yours.

You are just another a**hole.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Are you even capable of talking about something from an intellectual standpoint? 

Irony

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Yes, I know Homey, you don't care about the truth...if you did you wouldn't have jumped on this whole "MAGA Cracker insults poor Combat Vietnam NA Vet"....

I certainly didn't say that.   You know that. I know that.  You are a royal jerk and lying weasel for trying to suggest I did. 

The. Picture. Speaks. For. Itself:    Smirking teen wearing a MAGA hat facing down old Native American beating drum.

The story behind the photo means nothing to it's immediate artistic impact, much less history. 

21 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Recon Ranger is a term used by Force Recon personnel at least well into the 1980's...we even sang while we ran in formation "I want to be a recon ranger, live a life of sex and danger".... while at Ft Benning at jump school in Aug '81, we would sing "I want to be an Airborne Ranger....."; both services use the phrase "Ranger"... so that would not be an outrageous thing to claim; I don't know of any Marine who refers to themselves accordingly; but I can see someone of the era doing that. 

However, as to him being a  Vietnam vet; he apparently was only 17 when the last Marine's left Vietnam based on his reported age.  This makes the "Vietnam Vet" claim suspect .... he could be like Blumenthal ... Vietnam era; but not Vietnam combat vet; since we had some troops there at least until '75.  I suspect someone will now actually "commit journalism" and get to the bottom of this now that his harassment claim has been debunked by the video and sound track.

Thanks for clarification on the recon ranger term.  I just assumed it was a conglomeration of Marine Recon & Army Ranger.  I don't see the media fact-checking this guy's background too deeply because in addition to uncovering the inconvenient truth about Nathan, the truth might shine some unwanted light on the media's laziness.  About the only way it could be uncovered would be for some of his former Marines to corroborate his service time. 

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are over your head kid.

(I used to think you might have graduated in '78 but I think it's probably your birth day, right?)

Whether 78 is a birth date, grad date, jersey #, etc. is irrelevant. That you look like a butthurt fool on this topic isn't. 

8 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Tastes like hamberders. 

#butthurt

Archived