New RB Coach wants and news

auburnphan

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Crutin. The RB coach in a Malzahn offense just needs to be a stud recruiter. Horton has been terrible for the past few seasons in that department. That is why he was demoted off the field. I give Gus a lot of crap but HE is the reason the run game has been so good. Not Horton. 

When we hired Porter,  this debate went back and forth.  He recruited well at LSU, but then after that??   His RB Recruiting may have been more reflective of the school he was recruiting too.  Just an observation.   

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

When we hired Porter,  this debate went back and forth.  He recruited well at LSU, but then after that??   His RB Recruiting may have been more reflective of the school he was recruiting too.  Just an observation.   

He has recruited very well at AU in a short period of time. Primary for Anthony Schwartz, Michael Harris and Shaun Shivers just to name a few since he has been at AU. Dude is a stud. Always has been wherever he has gone. Got us Deal and Fromm in this class. 2 guys who are 4 stars on some sites. We all know how hard it is to recruit the TE position at AU. 

3 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

That says a ton!

Still haven't figured out why a stud TE would come to AU.

My guess is that they're told they'll play early because they're the guy that we've been looking for.

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He has recruited very well at AU in a short period of time. Primary for Anthony Schwartz, Michael Harris and Shaun Shivers just to name a few since he has been at AU. Dude is a stud. Always has been wherever he has gone. Got us Deal and Fromm in this class. 2 guys who are 4 stars on some sites. We all know how hard it is to recruit the TE position at AU. 

I just saw a Netflix series of Tyler with Jake. This man got us a chance to see their mom more often! Hire this guy.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My guess is that they're told they'll play early because they're the guy that we've been looking for.

Wonder what makes them think they will catch a pass?

Same answer I guess.

On 1/19/2019 at 6:29 PM, lala said:

He was not our recruiting coordinator.  Was a few years ago...

Frankly, I'm more confused about it after reading the bios on the official AD site.  

I thought we used the position to sweeten the deal when we hired Porter.  Horton has the title, even though his full bio says he was only Recruiting Coordinator from '15-'16.  None of the other coaches have anything about being the RC at all.  Since it appears something is amiss, I assumed the error was that CTH had stopped being the guy.

Question for the board:  Who has been the Recruiting Coordinator since 2016?

WDE!

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I just saw a Netflix series of Tyler with Jake. This man got us a chance to see their mom more often! Hire this guy.

What show? 

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I disagree with wherever he has gone.   But enough from me on the matter.  Thanks for the reply. 

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I disagree with wherever he has gone.   But enough from me on the matter.  Thanks for the reply. 

I reject your thanks!!!! lol  Larry Porter is muhhhhhhh boy and I will defend his honor!!!! haha First coach jay and now you?!?!? GOT DANG!!! I cannot believe people are actually questioning Larry Porter and his ability to recruit!!! I AM LOSING MY MIND!!! Well What little is left of it! lmao. 

willie.gif

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

What show? 

QB1   season 1, season 2 is now out has Fields, Hartman from Wake Forest who started this year and a kid from San Bosco, Re'al something who went to Iowa State.   The San Bosco one was interesting because he had a sophomore who was pushing him, who happens to be a 5 star and player of the year this year.   Just watched it yesterday.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:55 PM, AUBwins said:What show? 

QB1 beyond the lights . People need to watch it forreal. Gives them a different perspective . Like Justin fields is super well spoken and a great role model in his community from what I see. 

Edit: Justin Fields team absolutely does not respect their coach lol. Guys texting at halftime lol

On 1/21/2019 at 6:14 PM, MadtownTiger said:

Question for the board:  Who has been the Recruiting Coordinator since 2016?

WDE!

I didn't think it would be so difficult to find out. 

Either Porter or Horton.

Wiki (I know I know Wiki) says it's Porter. But then again, USA Today also says Porter... Yet the Auburn official site says Horton

So I'm not sure what to believe 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20190123-054459.png

Screenshot_20190123-054952.png

Screenshot_20190123-054344.png

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Caddy got the job. Not sure he is ready. He isn't a T-Will in the livingroom. 

Had a text saying that this morning. Hopefully he will transition into the recruiter that is needed for the position

41 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He's also very green in the coaching world.  Not sure I understand this one.

45 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Wait, Caddy is our new RB coach?

Huh. 

Was he coaching at IMG?

Just received a text that Carnell’s uncle is telling people that he accepted the job and that he’s on the road recruiting this morning.

well can't say i love or hate this hire. But if Kodi Burns can be a WR coach then Caddy sure as heck should be able to be a solid RB coach. He is a super great guy from what i have heard. And i imagine connecting with players and having instant clout in recruiting will not be a problem. 

All things considered....i can get on board with hiring Cadillac

3 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Kodi, T-Will, Garner, and now Caddy. Interesting strategy.

All we need now is Carlos Rogers, Ben Grubbs, and Will Herring and our staff will be set.

35 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

All we need now is Carlos Rogers, Ben Grubbs, and Will Herring and our staff will be set.

Carlos Rogers teaching the secondary with his NFL experience would be a great move.  Maybe learn for a few years under Brown to get the hang of coaching.  All of those really would be nice.

I welcome Caddy.  So far Auburn alumni hirings have paid off.  I think he could also do well in recruiting considering he is younger and can relate the way T-Will can.  Sure he is green, but may have some fresh ideas as well.  Hopefully he can help land MAR.

Archived