2019 3* OT Ira Henry

ellitor

Oved & named AU leader on 1/20/19
Has 2 OVs left to FSU & TBD
FSU & UF are thought to be main contenders
23 P5 conference offers including AU, Florida,  FSU, Oklahoma, Bama, Michigan, & 6 other SEC teams
No SR film. Has me curious as to why

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he will sign with us. We need OTs in the worst way and this young man looks like someone who can help down the road.

I am glad we are going after him and hope we sign him. My big question is why did it take so long to start looking at him?

18 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am glad we are going after him and hope we sign him. My big question is why did it take so long to start looking at him?

I wonder if it has anything to do with his SR season or "Lack" thereof. I cant find anything about his Sr season. No highlights....no stats per Max Prep....nothing

• 2 weeks later...

Good size, big need, competition that he's playing against doesn't look stout but still a big boy. Hoping we can get him in the class. Seems very high on everyone after his visits and I saw where FSU "exceeded" expectations. Man do I despise that city and that school.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FSU has made a big move with Henry. AU needs a great in home visit later this week. No word on Bell FWIW.

If we miss out on Bell & Henry, do we just use those slots for other position players out there? If I was Gus, I would put CRG, Coach Woodson, T-Will & Caddy  & Grimes on my OV list for each of these young men.  We need to give an all out effort to sign these young men.  The only school in the ACC that is worth a crap is Clemson & FSU is a long way from being anything remotely good. I know FSU is saying early playing time.  I hope FSU goes 3-9 in 2019!

16 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If we miss out on Bell & Henry, do we just use those slots for other position players out there?

Only if the staff sees them as a quality option. The staff isn't going to reach to take players for the sake of reaching. With Jackson moving to OT & if we can get Wisdom then the Henry miss is minimal.

20 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If I was Gus, I would put CRG, Coach Woodson, T-Will & Caddy  & Grimes on my OV list for each of these young men.

They have already OVed AU.

53 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If we miss out on Bell & Henry, do we just use those slots for other position players out there? If I was Gus, I would put CRG, Coach Woodson, T-Will & Caddy  & Grimes on my OV list for each of these young men.  We need to give an all out effort to sign these young men.  The only school in the ACC that is worth a crap is Clemson & FSU is a long way from being anything remotely good. I know FSU is saying early playing time.  I hope FSU goes 3-9 0-12 in 2019! FIXED!

Looks like Bell & Henry have bonded. Not sure that's a good thing for AU. Both are OVing Indiana this weekend.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Looks like Bell & Henry have bonded. Not sure that's a good thing for AU. Both are OVing Indiana this weekend.

Crazy...With this weather I'd be calling up Miami or USF right about now...not Indiana.

@IraHenry8 Good visit with @CoachJBGrimes @CoachGusMalzahn #WarEagle

ira.jpg

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ira.jpg

Oh man J.B. haha. At least he is out here doing work.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ira.jpg

JB DOIN’ WORK!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!LET’S GO!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh man J.B. haha. At least he is out here doing work.

rr.jpg

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

steve.gif

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

He looks like he’s Bird’s age. Even Golf looks better than that.

Just now, fredst said:

I don’t want to be a hater with ol’ JB. I liked him his first stint at AU. Not sure he’s the guy for the job this go round.....

If JB is doing his job correctly, we should see significant improvement in 2019. If the OL is still a glaring weakness, then a change has to happen. Gus will be under the microscope in a big way for the 2019 season of which will determine whether he will be back in 2020.

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

I don’t want to be a hater with ol’ JB. I liked him his first stint at AU. Not sure he’s the guy for the job this go round.....

Like ain't got nothing to do with it fam!!!  I JUST WANT HIM RECRUIT  SOME STUD OT BABY!!! That is all we ask!!! I mean look at this gem!!! He looks like the sequel to Nick Noltes infamous mug shot and all he does is get 5 star OL!!!! lmao. https://247sports.com/Coach/Sam-Pittman-477/ You can't tell me that JB cannot go out and get us AT LEAST one 4 star Offensive tackle lol.

we.jpg

nolte.jpg

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No I don't  but thanks anyway

Ok. You’re just as ugly and senile as the rest of ‘em. Happy old man?

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I am happy as long as I'm above ground

Hey. I’m happy as long as you’re above ground too. Don’t tell anybody I said that. 

Archived