Grad Transfer HB Jay Jay Wilson Commits to AU!

Maverick.AU

4 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Ellitor,

What do you think this means for Joyner?  He and Wilson could be competing with each other for the HB position or could it possibly mean that we are going to seriously look at Joyner at the RB position.  Your thoughts?

Joiner didnt have any negative plays at RB that I can remember; he showed flashes, but didn't get opportunities to act on em IMO. I dont think he'll ever seriously be used at RB because they dont even give RBs serious look at RB, but let's say you're rolling during a drive, several short passes, then set up a wheel route, Harold should be a very interesting matchup in space. Another good usage could be where you have Malik in at QB and Harold to his right, you could do a reverse pass left out to a disguised screen, have Malik + Harold float out to the right side (with a couple linemen) and have three very large men out running as blockers. 

I dont think he's very fast, but he's an agile type of big 

6 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Ellitor,

What do you think this means for Joyner?  He and Wilson could be competing with each other for the HB position or could it possibly mean that we are going to seriously look at Joyner at the RB position.  Your thoughts?

There’s already been talk of Joiner moving to RB before we got in took Wilson. 

Edited by ellitor

4 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Some of the film I watched didnt show much blocking ability out of Jay Jay. He must improve trememndously to be even adequate.

At that position it's more about toughness & will more than technigue. As a former LB & TE he should have those boxes checked.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

There’s already been talk of Joiner moving to RB before we got in took Wilson. 

FWIW WDE said in another thread Joiner is staying at HB for now.

13 hours ago, abw0004 said:

As good as Jay Prosch?

That's a tall ask. Prosch was a very rare type of FB IMO. 

I'm hoping for Chandler Cox with better blocking ability, ie Eric Smith.

6 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Some of the film I watched didnt show much blocking ability out of Jay Jay. He must improve trememndously to be even adequate.

Or not. Yikes. 

10 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Ellitor,

Just going on measurables and photos, this guy looks to me to have more of a traditional road-grading FB's frame, while Joiner seems to maybe fit more of the big slot, TE type of HB role. Joiner might also have a role in the wildcat, but so could this guy for all I know. 

14 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wilson’s four-year career at Arizona State was spent bouncing back and forth between offense and defense, where he changed positions four times under four different offensive coordinators and three defensive coordinators.

#letthemtransfer

interesting.....and always good to see a guy headed our way who can made the team better. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm hoping for Chandler Cox with better blocking ability, ie Eric Smith.

Hopefully has a better temperament than Eric Smith

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t know what to think about someone that is supposed to be this talented getting moved to Linebacker? 

Fair question. He did have 4 different OCs and 3 different DCs, and he was listed as an ATH coming out of high school, so they seriously might have just not known what to do with him or just had severe needs at LB. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Hopefully has a better temperament than Eric Smith

I wish there was a lot more of that on our team.  It seems that is one thing we could desperatly use in a few position groups.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I wish there was a lot more of that on our team.  It seems that is one thing we could desperatly use in a few position groups.

This. We need some appropriate nastiness.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This. We need some appropriate nastiness.

I got us covered, I ain't showered in days.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I’m talking about getting kicked off the team for fighting and the other instance when he was throwing a punch in the NC game...

Edited by abw0004

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

His nastiness on QBs would get him ejected now-a-days.

I’d allow it assuming it’s against Georgia and we still win.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’d allow it assuming it’s against Georgia or bama and we still win.

FIFY

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I’m talking about getting kicked off the team for fighting and the other instance when he was throwing a punch in the NC game...

Agree. I don't think Eric Smith is the guy we want more of. He made some catches and made some blocks but in the final analysis he did Auburn more harm than good. A guy that can't tell where the line is between playing hard and criminal violence isn't someone we need around our team.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1