2020 4* Buck Phillip Webb

ellitor

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

50/50

54/46! gotta sign this young man!  We need him and Riley to give us a strong LB group for 2020.

• 1 month later...

Weakside End Will Anderson is committing today at 2CT, likely to Bama. Would think it would push Webb further to the forefront for AU. AU did not make the final cut for Anderson.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* Buck/LB Phillip Webb
Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

Wow he is down to a top 11. 

Whittling down 49 offers is not easy.

Webb OVed LSU last weekend & they are getting some buzz but Mike Farrell talked to Webb yesterday at the Rivals 5* challenge & MF feels we still lead FWIW...

26 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I reaaaallly like this kid!!!! We have a couple guys every year who commit early and recruit hard for AU, and he’s the man so far!

9 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Chris Nee, FSU insider, with a CB for the good dudes.

Unfortunately he's likely not plugged in on this one. LSU likely has become a major threat.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Webb OVed LSU last weekend & they are getting some buzz but Mike Farrell talked to Webb yesterday at the Rivals 5* challenge & MF feels we still lead FWIW...

Welp Lsu it is then! lol. The kiss of death right there.

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Welp Lsu it is then! lol. The kiss of death right there.

Normally I would say yes but like I said his opinion came from a direct conversation with the recruit so that's different than his usual opinions.

The Doc picks Auburn FWIW!  I wonder how  Cordell Flop or Flott is doing in the land of corndogs?

• 1 month later...

I hear we may still be leading for P Webb? Anybody heard anything lately about when he will commit? 

26 minutes ago, Roos said:

I hear we may still be leading for P Webb? Anybody heard anything lately about when he will commit? 

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-is-it-auburn-and-everyone-else-for-phillip-webb-

Referring to this article? Feel at Rivals seems to be we do, in fact, lead...

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-is-it-auburn-and-everyone-else-for-phillip-webb-

Referring to this article? Feel at Rivals seems to be we do, in fact, lead...

Thanks man!  

We need to park a tank this evening, then I will redirect my energy toward Spiderman  so he can collect a Phillip in his 'Webb'.    

Is it a possibility we get Ojulari and Webb? Or would we have to take one or the other? I know the coaching staff would pick Webb

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Is it a possibility we get Ojulari and Webb?

Yes

Or would we have to take one or the other?

No

I know the coaching staff would pick Webb

Haven't heard

4 hours ago, Roos said:

I'm not sure we still lead. I think Rivals is late on their info. I'm not sure anyone leads right now.

I really hope we can get him. He would be a great addition to the class. I am not sure what it will take to break into the top 5 even it is really possible. Anyhow, I am most happy we are in 6th place of which is a good thing!

My questions about Webb are this...

Is he ok being a DE with his hand in the dirt, or does he want to be a traditional LB? 

Is he being recruited as a traditional LB at LSU?

And he is a legacy. Who is the connection?

13 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Is he ok being a DE with his hand in the dirt, or does he want to be a traditional LB? 

Haven't seen that question asked to him but if a guy has the skill set for it then Steele is happy to have a stand up Buck.

Is he being recruited as a traditional LB at LSU?

Probably but Bama may be the bigger threat anyway & he would be an outside backer for their system.

And he is a legacy. Who is the connection?

Dad went to AU but reports are that will not be a factor in his decision.

Archived