2020 4* Buck Phillip Webb

ellitor

On 8/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, aujeff11 said:

When it comes to the DL, I don’t understand how anybody can question Rodney Garner. He keeps Auburn floating along on the field, and off of it. 

I basically have full confidence in him. If a 5* DE doesn’t work out under CRG, it’s on the 5*. 

I agree, but I remember the poster AUH1 or something trashing CRG at every opportunity, which was really stupid. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, creed said:

I agree, but I remember the poster AUH1 or something trashing CRG at every opportunity, which was really stupid. 

I was thinking about him the other day. I remember that he had a very serious form of cancer, kidney cancer i believe, and I was trying to remember if he ever came back on here. I have a kindred spirit that automatically bonds with cancer victims

On 8/31/2019 at 9:07 AM, doverstutts said:

I was thinking about him the other day. I remember that he had a very serious form of cancer, kidney cancer i believe, and I was trying to remember if he ever came back on here. I have a kindred spirit that automatically bonds with cancer victims

I also thought that was the case too.  Matter of fact though that poster was certainly very Gus critical, I seem to remember they had another tumor (or more) discovered and had to go back on treatment.  Their posts became extra-hyper critical at that point and then they were gone.  I'm sure it was just out of anxiety and, perhaps, bitterness.  I pray they're okay.  If anyone knows, an update would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Word on Al.com, don't have link, but he's uga or bama...any update on him though, we need to solidify the pass rush for next year along the Dline. 

This is from the Crystal ball https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Crystal-Ball-projections-for-Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-targets--135718950/#135718950_3

Phillip Webb, Buck LB, Sugar Hill (Ga.) Lanierr: Clemson is the Crystal Ball favorite for this 4-star buck target, but that program -- at last check -- wasn't the factor it once was because of limited space in its class. At Auburn, the word is Gus Malzahn's Tigers see Alabama and LSU as the top threats. Both of those schools, like Auburn, are all in on Webb, who is one of the top edge rushers in the country. Webb has officially visited both LSU and Oklahoma. He'd like to have a decision sometime in the relatively near future. But he also wants to take some official visits. Two weeks ago, he told us Auburn and Alabama likely would get officials. When? That isn't clear. This one really could go in a number of directions and while Auburn certainly is in it, it's difficult to pinpoint a favorite

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Word on Al.com, don't have link, but he's uga or bama...any update on him though, we need to solidify the pass rush for next year along the Dline. 

This is from the Crystal ball https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Crystal-Ball-projections-for-Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-targets--135718950/#135718950_3

I'm not sure if any recruit ever has been suspected to go to Auburn by an AL.com article...

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Word on Al.com, don't have link, but he's uga or bama...any update on him though

UGA definitely not in the mix right now. No update. It’s still Alabama, Auburn, LSU battle.

I’m still hoping that a continuing good season will help with guys like him and others.

with the way Steele has our defense playing, I can see him wanting to play for us. Hope this will be the case. I do not want to lose him to Lsu or the turds.

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Will not be here today. I think we are out of it for him.

I still think we have a good chance for him. This defense keeps up playing the way they do, he will love wanting to play for us.

16 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I still think we have a good chance for him. This defense keeps up playing the way they do, he will love wanting to play for us.

Should we win out and beat those people he's more interested in he may well start to favor Auburn. I'm one of those people that's never sold on fair weather fans. We need a good Buck guy in this class and I hope we get one. If Webb doesn't want to be here lets find someone who does.

On 9/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, tbone4jc said:

Will not be here today. I think we are out of it for him.

Wasn't expected this weekend & we are nowhere near out of it.

With Coe, Marlin, and Brown all about to get drafted we could use Webb. Even without them it would be nice to have more help on the edge.

Webb’s a major talent and we should at least have the playing time argument with so many seniors and studs leaving. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

With Coe, Marlin, and Brown all about to get drafted we could use Webb. Even without them it would be nice to have more help on the edge.

Webb’s a major talent and we should at least have the playing time argument with so many seniors and studs leaving. 

The question becomes does Webb want to be a Buck at AU or a true OLB at Bama or LSU?

• 3 weeks later...

Adam Gorney, Mike Farrell, Jimmy Smith
Rivals.com

There are some people who believe this is an Auburn and Alabama battle, but four-star linebacker 

was back at LSU this weekend and he saw an outstanding win for the surging Tigers over Florida.

The Sugar Hill (Ga.) Lanier standout adds to the intrigue of his own recruitment because Webb doesn’t say much about his true frontrunners, which makes it tough for an accurate prediction.

He’s been to LSU numerous times and Webb has to like how the Tigers are playing this season.

But Alabama certainly has a whole lot to like and it sounds like Auburn has always been a presumed frontrunner from the early stages of his recruitment. All the schools involved in his recruitment have had outstanding defenses over the last few years.

Webb has also taken an official visit to Oklahoma but the Sooners – despite its rampant success – seem like an outlier at this point.

Can LSU convince Webb to join this recruiting class, will Alabama land another elite player in its class or can Auburn hang on to a player it’s been involved with the longest?

FIRST TAKE: Jimmy Smith, TigerDetails.com

“LSU surged to the top of Webb's board after a strong unofficial visit this summer. There was a period of time they thought a commitment could be imminent, only for schools like Alabama, Auburn and Clemson to close the gap shortly thereafter. The Tigers are in desperate need of edge defenders and Webb could certainly add to a thin group, but it feels like the Tigers from Baton Rouge trail some of the other schools mentioned for his services.

“With Florida edge defender 

presumably leaning toward LSU at the moment, and only four available scholarships at their disposal, the Tigers are prepared to move in another direction if need be. However, there are signs they may have a shot with Webb, so they will gladly continue that push for now.”

SECOND TAKE: Mike Farrell, Rivals.com

“I think he stays closer to home. He would be a great fit for any defense. He can be that hybrid guy off the edge or he can be that stand-up linebacker. He fits what they do with guys like 

and others who have had success at that position.

“I still think Auburn. He still has the strongest relationship with the coaches there. They were the team he sort of liked first, so I would say Auburn and then Alabama would be my No. 2 for him.”

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If we land him, Jay Hardy, & McKinnley it would be another awesome Garner close on the DL.

Shoutout to that dye hard guy

21 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Shoutout to that dye hard guy

cover.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived