Men vs. South Carolina game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only at auburn, we get this season we’ve had with high hopes to start, only to be let down, just like football. Auburn sports are depressing at the moment

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

2.6 seconds to play.  south carolina at the line for 2.   makes the first.  timeout.  I don't understand how Purifoy doesn't get fouled there with a shot in the paint surrounded by 3 defenders.   unreal.   

Purifoy looked like he got mugged by 3 guys while taking that last shot. He's was also fouled earlier on a shot that he made but it wasn't called.

Never easy to win on the road and visitors are never gonna get the benefit of the doubt on fouls......SEC basketball officials are only out done by their football breathern for incompetence. 

There seemed to me to be contact on DP but more often than not, they do let em play in that situation I suppose

It'll be interesting to see how Auburn progresses through the rest of the season without having a target on their back and presumably unranked. Maybe they'll flow better

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

We need to lower our expectations for this team, even with the ref show. This team has serious issues across the board.

With the refs calling the game correctly we win by atleast 10 and are celebrating

We need to lower our expectations for this team, even with the ref show. This team has serious issues across the board.

Yeah, losing like that sucks but AU fought. This isn’t a championship team, but they have to make the dance with this talent. 

Shouldn’t have that with BP and everything we had returning. Looked stronger than last year coming in. Total auburn way, have high expectations and continually crap the bed

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I'm so pissed. Silva migged people all night and.got away with it. 

He should have been called for at least a dozen fouls.  And we get called for touch fouls all night. 

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

With the refs calling the game correctly we win by atleast 10 and are celebrating

South Carolina is not a good basketball team. 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If that’s at the other end. The shooter is shooting 2 shots 

You're absolutely right. Ugh I'm salty about this one

Well this team has shown it can play with the best and get beat by any team in the SEC. going to be hard just to make the tournament. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well that last play did not look like a game winner from the start....Chuma not hitting his 3s for several games.....something inside to at least get a foul seemed like a better plan.....

No idea why you’d think they’d call a foul. Purifoy should have been shooting 2. 

Just now, 92AU said:

Well this team has shown it can play with the best and get beat by any team in the SEC. going to be hard just to make the tournament. 

This team can play with anyone, and get beat by anyone

Just now, tbone4jc said:

Guess y'all going to want to fire Coach Pearl now??🤣🤣🤣🤣😎

Show me where anyone said that though? 🤣🤣🤣🤣😎

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Never easy to win on the road and visitors are never gonna get the benefit of the doubt on fouls......SEC basketball officials are only out done by their football breathern for incompetence. 

How come AU doesn’t get ref homerism in Auburn. Seems we always up against them. 

Archived