Men vs. South Carolina game thread

WarTiger

Just now, autigeremt said:

No idea why you’d think they’d call a foul. Purifoy should have been shooting 2. 

Yep, Purifoy got mugged and it wasn't a 'let them play through it' foul either. It looked pretty obvious.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn we didn't make any FGs in the last 4 minutes. 

This group will always fight. When we start peaking we can be really good. But we gotta start figuring it out really soon

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Show me where anyone said that though? 🤣🤣🤣🤣😎

He said it Bc he’s one of the top 3 biggest Gus defenders on this site.

I just don't like how we play on offense.  We don't pass enough.  The guards dribble too much.  We don't crash the boards for rebounds.  When a shot goes up, we turn around and run back to play defense.  

Just now, Auhud08 said:

We arent making the tourney

We can. We're losing but not by much. We need to drop out of the rankings to get a fire going under our team again.

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

South Carolina is not a good basketball team. 

Absolutely agree they are not. Which is why I said we win by atleast 10. They were able to do basically anything they wanted unless the refs were forced to call it. Now AU has some bad shot selection and had some brain farts. But there was a reason when the refs decided not to be the focal point that was when we made our runs

8 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Sooooo many fouls not called there. Even if it’s the last shot you call the contact

I said that. Knew they would call the contact.... ya know, on whomever was was closest to Silva.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

I just don't like how we play on offense.  We don't pass enough.  The guards dribble too much.  We don't crash the boards for rebounds.  When a shot goes up, we turn around and run back to play defense.  

And we have no legitimate scorer down low

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Absolutely agree they are not. Which is why I said we win by atleast 10. They were able to do basically anything they wanted unless the refs were forced to call it. Now AU has some bad shot selection and had some brain farts. But there was a reason when the refs decided not to be the focal point that was when we made our runs

But as the number 16 team in the country, SCAR shouldn't even be near us. We shouldn't have to blame the refs for losing to South Carolina.

We can't keep falling behind 10+ points in the second half before we start playing good. It's amazing how good we CAN look but when we get that lead our defense just becomes non-existent.

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

So... baseball starts in like a month right?

And you think we will be better there than our other sports? Ha

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

But as the number 16 team in the country, SCAR shouldn't even be near us. We shouldn't have to blame the refs for losing to South Carolina.

The refs were bad 100% but with returning our back court, adding a guy like doughty, getting Mac back, we should have better showings than this. It’s frustrating. Something just feels off with this team.

like when Bryce came out after the nc state game getting on to the fans, just rubbed me the wrong way

2 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

We can. We're losing but not by much. We need to drop out of the rankings to get a fire going under our team again.

agree....a two point win on the road …...meanwhile MSU getting beat by KU by 20 points......at UK.....JMO but some over-reaction to the outcome of the game....and Wiley would have made a difference ...for 20 minutes or so before he fouled out....but could have made a difference. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

So to you then, getting literally beat the heck up and then on the other end, not be able to breathe on a defender in the first half, we should just be so good that we over come it no matter what?  There were many times our guys would literally move their hands back to try to ensure the ref wouldn’t call a b.s foul. We are a pretty good team which is why even with the 2 bigs fouling out laughably, have a chance to win the game. 

Let’s see how the season turns out. I thought last season was BP’s best coaching job. This season may be his worst so far. Still time to change things but he needs to start coaching. There is time but we have not played well in a loooong time. 

2 minutes ago, jluvah said:

And you think we will be better there than our other sports? Ha

Not really but it's best not to dwell too long into the negative... Hurry up July!

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

The refs were bad 100% but with returning our back court, adding a guy like doughty, getting Mac back, we should have better showings than this. It’s frustrating. Something just feels off with this team

IMO, I think everyone bought in too much to the hype before the season and now they're seeing that it's gonna take a lot of hard work if they're gonna win like last year. Hope they wake up soon and we start playing like a team that I know we can play like. It's amazing how we play well for about 3-5 minute stretches and then just go dumb after that until we get behind 10+ points.

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Agree 100%! When we're making 3s is great to watch. I've long been saying that we need a plan B when the 3s are not dropping. We barely get to the FT! Drive the freaking ball! I'm not saying go away from what we do with shooting 3s but i can't stand when Bryce is dribbling FOREVER like an And One video. Yeah it's nice when he hits those pull up 3s but that's not going to work against the better teams. Plus we don't rebound well either. This team better figure it out quick!

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

IMO, I think everyone bought in too much to the hype before the season and now they're seeing that it's gonna take a lot of hard work if they're gonna win like last year. Hope they wake up soon and we start playing like a team that I know we can play like. It's amazing how we play well for about 3-5 minute stretches and then just go dumb after that until we get behind 10+ points.

We show flashes of being great forsure, it seems that we feel like we can go through the motions 80%+  of the time and it shows in the box score. This team has the talent to win the conference, I just don’t think they have the right mindset right now

Archived